Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
homemade dr h cleansing cream?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:37 am      Reply with quote
what are your views on it? how it is compared to the real thing? and what has it done for your face? thanks
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I prefer this to the real thing. At first when I made up Carekate's recipe it was too oily, so I had to play around and modify it a bit. I used ground almond, a tiny bit of greapeseed oil, with hazel, rose water, essential oils, and my HG ingredient some Kaolin. I wanted to create a cross between the Dr H Cleansing Cream and the Dermalogica Clay Cleanser.
My skin does not feel tight at all after using this and yet it takes away all my oilyness and it also removes my moisturiser. The almond gently exfoliates using the rub method, the consistency is the same as the Dr H and adding the Kaolin makes a difference.
MY skin really took to this, it is a lot brighter and clearer, I've abandoned my tube of Dr H for this now. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Do you use almonds with skin on or off? With skin I guess since the Dr. H CC looks brownish?

KK
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:54 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
...I used ground almond, a tiny bit of grapeseed oil, with hazel, rose water, essential oils, and my HG ingredient some Kaolin....the consistency is the same as the Dr H and adding the Kaolin makes a difference.
Rosebud - how much Kaolin do you use? Do you make a fresh batch of DHCC each time, or do you make up a week or month’s supply at a time? Kaolin is clay, right? So theoretically it should be good for soaking up some of my oil slick?

TIA,
Carrie

P.S. For those of you who love the tingle of minty products, try adding 2-3 drops of peppermint essential oil to your next batch of homemade Dr. H Cleansing Cream, ACV Toner or Aspirin Mask. Not only does make your face feel all tingly and clean, but peppermint oil helps treat dull or congested skin and acne, but it also helps reduce inflammation and treat broken capillaries!! I just love it when I can multi-task....

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:25 am      Reply with quote
myztic,

I have done one batch of Dr. H CC, and I like it a lot. I could not get the consistency of
the real Dr. H CC, but I think my skin likes the homemade version better.

Kk1668:
Yes, I use the almonds with their skin. I read somewehre that it is more beneficial.

Carekate:
I know your question was to rosebud, about using Kaolin. Sorry for intruding. I have used some Kaolin in my last batch, about 1/3 a teaspoon for a 2 oz. batch. I also have oily skin and it did help. (made the mixture look more whitish). I do 2 oz. at a time, and add some germaben II to protect against bacteria.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I just estimate, I guess I put in about 1/2 a teaspoon to the mixture, the clay is great for us oilies yes Very Happy, my mixture probably lasts about a month, I estimate all the ingredients as I go along and use and a glass jar from Neal's yard that I kept when I had finished the product:
http://www.nealsyardremedies.com/shop/bin/pxisapi1.exe/large?item=5539

Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Interesting - this is now becoming the "homemade JoeyNY cleanser" version Smile I just recently discovered that JoeyNY has something similar to the Dr H cleansing cream Joey New York Pure Pores Crushed Almond Honey Scrub. Of course, it's on its way over to Australia as I type so I will report back Very Happy Sounds very similar to the Dr H but with added honey and clay though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if I can buy Kaolin at a place like my local Whole Foods (health food) market or some other type of local store? I know I can order it fromwww.thepersonalformulator.com, but I don’t want to order just that one item from them right now since their minimum shipping cost is so high and I can’t afford to order my latest “laundry list” of must-have items until payday on the 1st and I really, really, really want to try adding in the Kaolin to my current batch of homemade DHCC to test out it’s oil-absorbing abilities....

TIA,
Carrie

P.S. It hadn’t occurred to me to add honey into my DHCC, but I use honey in lots of my other hair and skin “concoctions,” so I can’t wait to try that out as well. Fortunately, I already have a bottle of honey with me at the hotel so I may go home and add a dollop before I do my press/knead/massage thing this evening! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
carekate,

email me at sanrioyt@yahoo.com your mailing address and I can mail you some.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |