Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

On the fence.. What do with my skin next!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
falllegend
5% products discount

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Sad Sad
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Ok, just an update on the Evan Healy. This morning I used only the rosehip oil and that was fine on my skin. It had to be the cleanser and moisturizer that were extremely irritating to my skin. I also wanted to mention that I used the De La Terre Vital Repair balm last night and that really soothed my skin. I think I will stick to just those 2 products until this flare is done, and I need to find me a good sunscreen that doesn't burn my skin!
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Ok, just an update on the Evan Healy. This morning I used only the rosehip oil and that was fine on my skin. It had to be the cleanser and moisturizer that were extremely irritating to my skin. I also wanted to mention that I used the De La Terre Vital Repair balm last night and that really soothed my skin. I think I will stick to just those 2 products until this flare is done, and I need to find me a good sunscreen that doesn't burn my skin!

Hey! Thanks for the update! I was wondering how you were doing. I have a lot of freaking health problems going on right now so my skin has been on the back burner... lol

I'm sorry to hear that those products were irritating to your skin! It can be so freaking frustrating because your trying to do something right for your skin the BAM.. it hates it! I'm really sensitive to smells. The sunscreen I used was giving me a headache as well has burning my face!

I ordered the Ocean Tested Burnout sunscreen. I will let you know how it works!

Is this the balm your talking about?

http://www.delaterreskincare.com/skincare-products/herb-rich-balm-vital-repair

It looks like good stuff!
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
whirleegig wrote:
PLEASE don't do laser! It ruined my skin. IPL can cause the same horrible damage that lasers cause.
Broken capillaries-You must fix this from the inside with nutrients that build your vessels. Get all of your basic vitamins and minerals, more than the daily multivitamin. Extra C, E, zinc and B complex. Take K1 and K2. Make sure you're getting D3
Take lutein, pycnegenol, garlic, gingko bilboa, green tea, MSM, glucosamine and fish oil.
Stay completely away from smoke and don't drink alcohol except for modest amounts of red wine. Eat really healthy, lots of leafy greens.
All of these will help your acne problem as well as the vascular problems. Nutritional support makes you less likely to break out and reduces scarring if you do. Peels and dermabrasion work better than lasers for reducing scarring without the scary side effects. There ARE side effects so exercise caution. There is a new treatment for acne scars. It's called PRP therapy and they inject your own plasma into the pits to swell them and smooth them out. This is NEW so wait to see if it is safe! Fat grafting can be used the same way but it's expensive and you would want a really good surgeon for that.

I'm sorry you had such bad results with the IPL laser. If you don't mind asking what happened after the IPL?

I'm the queen of supplements lol.. I haven't seen any changes in my skin. I take them more for prevention.

In February I totally changed the way I ate. No sugar ect.. No changes in my skin!

The only thing I could add is some more veggies.

Thanks for telling me about Vitamin K2.. I'm talking Vitamin K1... I'll have to look into buying the Vitamin K2 Very Happy
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I can so relate here, Rileygirl it seems you and I got into some trouble using the Wonderbar. That's where I got two horrible spots from back in March. Thankfully one is nearly healed but not the one near my mouth/cheek. Sad

It's taking forever to fix/heal and I have tried so many products that I'm so done buying things since it seems nothing helps (just the opposite in fact). What's even worse is that I leave for Disney in 3 weeks!! So I'm thinking of Photo-shopping all the photos of me when we get back home to hide this stupid scar.

I finally resolved to ordering special makeup & concealer last night from PaintandPowder in hopes to at least cover the spots but in heat and humidity of Florida, may be impossible.

Sorry for ranting, it's just upsetting when things go bad and there seems to be no way of fixing it.

Speaking of skin problems, my 4 year old son is heading to the Pediatrician this morning because he has had bad Eczema or Dermatitis for months. Same thing with him, nothing I use is helping so I give up and will let the doctor prescribe something. I've tried switching shampoos, body wash, etc, as well.

P.S. Supplements, I added in 500mg of Vitamin C daily along with everything else.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:38 am      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

Hey! Thanks for the update! I was wondering how you were doing. I have a lot of freaking health problems going on right now so my skin has been on the back burner... lol

I'm sorry to hear that those products were irritating to your skin! It can be so freaking frustrating because your trying to do something right for your skin the BAM.. it hates it! I'm really sensitive to smells. The sunscreen I used was giving me a headache as well has burning my face!

I ordered the Burnout Kids version! Laughing That is the balm that I have. It really seemed to calm my skin down. My skin feels much better this morning with no more burning, but now I am dry again! It is very frustrating and I am just going to leave my skin alone for a while and see if it will adjust.

I am so sorry to hear of your health problems, SCJ. I hope it is nothing serious.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:39 am      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

I'm the queen of supplements lol.. I haven't seen any changes in my skin. I take them more for prevention.

Thanks for telling me about Vitamin K2.. I'm talking Vitamin K1... I'll have to look into buying the Vitamin K2 Very Happy

Totally agree. Supplements have never made any difference in my skin.

Can I ask why you take Vitamin K? I am looking into this due to my low platelets.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:47 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
I can so relate here, Rileygirl it seems you and I got into some trouble using the Wonderbar. That's where I got two horrible spots from back in March. Thankfully one is nearly healed but not the one near my mouth/cheek. Sad

It's taking forever to fix/heal and I have tried so many products that I'm so done buying things since it seems nothing helps (just the opposite in fact). What's even worse is that I leave for Disney in 3 weeks!! So I'm thinking of Photo-shopping all the photos of me when we get back home to hide this stupid scar.

I finally resolved to ordering special makeup & concealer last night from PaintandPowder in hopes to at least cover the spots but in heat and humidity of Florida, may be impossible.

Sorry for ranting, it's just upsetting when things go bad and there seems to be no way of fixing it.

Speaking of skin problems, my 4 year old son is heading to the Pediatrician this morning because he has had bad Eczema or Dermatitis for months. Same thing with him, nothing I use is helping so I give up and will let the doctor prescribe something. I've tried switching shampoos, body wash, etc, as well.

P.S. Supplements, I added in 500mg of Vitamin C daily along with everything else.

I definitely think the Wonderbar contributed to my problems. I do not think the dryness I had for the month I was using it is good for ones skin. I should have stopped sooner, so that is my own fault.

Hope you have a great time at Disney. It has been horribly hot and humid here, so be careful being outside for too long. Wear some sunscreen and don't worry about your skin - just enjoy yourself!

I hear you on the done buying. I am starting to think Less may be more for us for a while! Hope the pediatrician can give your son something to help.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, I will definitely be wearing sunscreen in Florida plus a dab of diaper cream on top of the spots. Read online that it calms the redness down plus will block out even more sun. You're right, I'm gonna have fun no matter what I look like and not worry about it. Smile Today I decided to put nothing on my face, giving it a rest and see how that goes.

Update on my son, the Pediatrician gave him Mometasone Furoate Cream and says it's definitely Eczema. Should go away in 3 nights. She also said to use Dove sensitive (unscented) bodywash, which we already just switched to this week.

Hopefully we'll all be "on the mend" soon. ::fingers crossed::

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

I ordered the Burnout Kids version! Laughing That is the balm that I have. It really seemed to calm my skin down. My skin feels much better this morning with no more burning, but now I am dry again! It is very frustrating and I am just going to leave my skin alone for a while and see if it will adjust.

I am so sorry to hear of your health problems, SCJ. I hope it is nothing serious.

I couldn't decide whether to buy the Kid's version or the Ocean Tested! We can compare notes. I actually received mine today. I haven't had a chance to try it out because my skin is so freaking dry! If I scrap my finger across my forehead it flakes! I need to find a good moisturizer ASAP!

I even started taking Krill Oil three times daily no difference! I'm thinking about trying an HA supplement next. I think my BF is going to die if I take one more supplement! LOL!

I decided to start taking Vitamin K to see if it would help with my dark circles because I'm desperate! I haven't noticed anything! I'm still going to take it though!

Thanks for your kind words about my health issues. I have Fibromyalgia and it's something alright!

Very Happy
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Rileygirl, I will definitely be wearing sunscreen in Florida plus a dab of diaper cream on top of the spots. Read online that it calms the redness down plus will block out even more sun. You're right, I'm gonna have fun no matter what I look like and not worry about it. Smile Today I decided to put nothing on my face, giving it a rest and see how that goes.

Update on my son, the Pediatrician gave him Mometasone Furoate Cream and says it's definitely Eczema. Should go away in 3 nights. She also said to use Dove sensitive (unscented) bodywash, which we already just switched to this week.

Hopefully we'll all be "on the mend" soon. ::fingers crossed::

I agree with Riley just try to have fun on your vacation!

I will be sending good skin vibes your way.. only if you send me some back because I need them too lol
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

I couldn't decide whether to buy the Kid's version or the Ocean Tested! We can compare notes. I actually received mine today. I haven't had a chance to try it out because my skin is so freaking dry! If I scrap my finger across my forehead it flakes! I need to find a good moisturizer ASAP!

Definitely we'll compare notes!

My skin is incredibly dry, as well. The burning and everything else has stopped but I have this perpetual dryness that feels like rough patches over different areas of my face. I am liking the Evan Healy oil a lot, but even that isn't helping the dryness. It is driving me crazy!

Thanks for letting me know about the K. Sorry to hear you have fibromyalgia. I have heard that is tough.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:57 am      Reply with quote
Riley - have you ever tried OCM? Maybe your cleanser is stripping your skin. I find cleansing the face with oil is very gentle - it completely stopped both my daughter's and my breakout problems.

I really think all you people who are having skin issues should just try using stuff out of the kitchen cupboard for a while. Cleanse with oil, tone with ACV, hydrate with Rosewater, moisturise with oil and maybe try a honey or yogurt mask. Just get back to basics for a while.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Riley - have you ever tried OCM? Maybe your cleanser is stripping your skin. I find cleansing the face with oil is very gentle - it completely stopped both my daughter's and my breakout problems.

I really think all you people who are having skin issues should just try using stuff out of the kitchen cupboard for a while. Cleanse with oil, tone with ACV, hydrate with Rosewater, moisturise with oil and maybe try a honey or yogurt mask. Just get back to basics for a while.

I have briefly many moons ago, Keliu, but I am sure I added too much of the castor oil, which was drying to my skin. I actually just bought an oil cleanser from Androcco as I am too lazy to mix my own at the moment. Hopefully this will be gentle?

"Truly Pure Cleansing Oil for
Dry, Normal,and Combination Skin Types
Our cleansing oil is 100% pure and contains natural, cold processed Sunflower Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Argan Oil, Castor Oil, and Grapeseed Oil with Sweet Orange Essential Oil added for brightening. This cleanser contains higher levels of Sunflower and Argan Oil than our oily and acne versions plus the addition of Sweet Almond Oil to provide more moisturizing and conditioning benefits. Most cleansing oils contain fillers -our cleansing oil is 100% cosmetic grade plant based oils - no mineral oil and no fillers. We use on olive oil based emulsifier which allows our cleaners to be water soluble meaning they are easily rinsed off with water!
"
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:41 am      Reply with quote
That looks fine. I'll be interested to see how you go with it. I honestly credit using oil as a cleanser with solving my skin issues. I used to scrub and rub and use those exfoliating grains and my skin was just getting more and more irritated. But when I started using oils everything calmed down.

But I've gone oil mad! I now use Macadamia Oil as a body moisturiser and a variety of oils on my face. I also make my own shampoo from Castile Soap (which is made from oil) and use Moroccan Oil as a conditioner. Commercial shampoos always made my scalp itch but the last straw was when I contacted dermatitis - that's when I decided to try the Castile Soap. All my itchy, scratchy days are now gone!

I'm definitely not an organic freak or anything - but it definitely seems that oils are for me. Oh, and I also make my own perfume from Sandalwood and Patchouli Oils - I get lots of compliments on it.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi - I have had excellent results for the acne scars on my face (ice-pick scars, uneven skin texture and tone) using the a cosmetic ultrasound device, SkinDream Titanium, in conjunction with Arbonne's acne line and currently, with Arbonne's Re9 Advanced line. I have a lot of clients on this program for a number of skin issues and we are all seeing great results!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
That looks fine. I'll be interested to see how you go with it. I honestly credit using oil as a cleanser with solving my skin issues. I used to scrub and rub and use those exfoliating grains and my skin was just getting more and more irritated. But when I started using oils everything calmed down.

But I've gone oil mad! I now use Macadamia Oil as a body moisturiser and a variety of oils on my face. I also make my own shampoo from Castile Soap (which is made from oil) and use Moroccan Oil as a conditioner. Commercial shampoos always made my scalp itch but the last straw was when I contacted dermatitis - that's when I decided to try the Castile Soap. All my itchy, scratchy days are now gone!

I'm definitely not an organic freak or anything - but it definitely seems that oils are for me. Oh, and I also make my own perfume from Sandalwood and Patchouli Oils - I get lots of compliments on it.

Thanks, Keliu. I thought it sounded gentle. I will let you know how I get on with it. I don't know how long they take to ship. I also ordered Argan oil from that place, and Tamanu oil from another. My thinking is just to keep it simple, but I do want to try the ES ANR concentrate, as I am hoping that will repair my skin barrier.

The shampoo sounds great. My scalp is always itchy. And, I would love your perfume recipe. I am looking for a scent with sandalwood!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Here's the recipe for the shampoo and perfume:

Peppermint Shampoo

1 cup castile soap
¼ cup water
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 tsp Aloe Vera (2-5%)
20 drops peppermint essential oil
¼ teaspoon vitamin E oil

Combine all ingredients in a plastic bottle and shake well to mix.

Perfume

15 ml Jojoba Oil
5 ml Sandalwood Oil
3 ml Patchouli Oil
3 drops Mandarin Oil

Use Jojoba as the base because it's got no smell.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:19 am      Reply with quote
OCM cleansing sounds good to me, I have some in my cabinet. This week I am taking the very gentle approach too. I actually broke in hives last night for some unknown reason which makes me want to be super careful now. I haven't had hives in a long time. So I used a wee bit of my son's Mometasone Furoate Cream because the hives were so red. All gone now and added bonus my dark spot looks a wee bit better too (less aggravated).

The last thing I want to do right now is use anything harsh so getting "back to the basics" sounds great to me. Going to make some ACV today.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the recipes, Keliu!

Whitewolf, sorry to hear about your hives, but glad to hear they went away so quickly! I got the "traveling" hives last summer out of the blue, but they just disappeared on their own after a few months.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Eh... I think I have been doing the OCM all wrong. I've been putting the oil on then wash it off with water. Now I'm understanding that you rub the oil in and wipe it off with a washcloth correct? Should the washcloth be wet? Oh yeah and do you have to use Castor Oil?

I tried putting plain yogurt on my face. It's really nice feeling because it's so cool. I don't know if it really did anything for my skin. Maybe I should try adding some honey!

BTW Riley.. I still haven't tried the burnout yet! I'm trying to give my skin some more moisture before invoking on the journey! Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
Eh... I think I have been doing the OCM all wrong. I've been putting the oil on then wash it off with water. Now I'm understanding that you rub the oil in and wipe it off with a washcloth correct? Should the washcloth be wet? Oh yeah and do you have to use Castor Oil?

I tried putting plain yogurt on my face. It's really nice feeling because it's so cool. I don't know if it really did anything for my skin. Maybe I should try adding some honey!

BTW Riley.. I still haven't tried the burnout yet! I'm trying to give my skin some more moisture before invoking on the journey! Very Happy

Use the oil as you would any wash-off cleanser. Rub the oil on the face and wash it off with a washcloth and PLENTY of hottish water. Make sure all the oil is thoroughly gone - wiping with some ACV toner afterwards will get rid of any residue. Castor oil is good to incorporate because it purges the skin. Try 75% Olive Oil and 25% Castor Oil to start with.

With OCM, you are supposed to massage the oil for about 5 minutes - but because your skin has been upset, I wouldn't do this. Just use it as you would any other cleanser.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

Use the oil as you would any wash-off cleanser. Rub the oil on the face and wash it off with a washcloth and PLENTY of hottish water. Make sure all the oil is thoroughly gone - wiping with some ACV toner afterwards will get rid of any residue. Castor oil is good to incorporate because it purges the skin. Try 75% Olive Oil and 25% Castor Oil to start with.

With OCM, you are supposed to massage the oil for about 5 minutes - but because your skin has been upset, I wouldn't do this. Just use it as you would any other cleanser.

Thanks I'll try that!
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:29 am      Reply with quote
I just don't understand why my skin is so try. I used to have more oily skin! Then my skin became some what dry. I'm wondering I've lost a lot of weight in a pretty short period of time. I wonder if that has anything to do with my skin being so dry!

Causes of dry skin

Factors which contribute to dry and cracked skin include:

* Inherited factors
* Metabolic factors such as an underactive thyroid gland, or excessive weight loss.
* Increasing age, resulting in decreased natural lubrication.
* Cool weather, especially when windy or the humidity is low.
* Air conditioning, central heating or sitting close to a fire or fan heater.
* Excessive bathing, showering or swimming, especially in strongly chlorinated hot or cold water.
* Contact with soap, detergents and solvents.
* Frictional irritation and chapping.
Confused
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:46 am      Reply with quote
Hopefully, cleansing with oil with help because you're not using anything that will strip your skin - and it's nourishing at the same time.

I don't know whether you wear makeup or not - but foundation can be drying too. I use a tinted moisturiser which I find less drying.

I live in a hot and humid climate but at the moment I'm in Sydney and the air is cold and dry. Plus I've got a heater on at home because it's so cold. This morning the skin on my face just cracked! It's so dry. I'm just applying oil regularly.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |