Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Wow! Ask and Yee shall receive!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:55 am      Reply with quote
This is a brilliant idea! Good call Debbie! Well done BabyFish! And *thank you* Magda!

There's been heaps of times when I wanted to post something that didn't belong in the other two threads (and I probably posted it anyway tsk tsk :P). At least now the forum will be more orderly, a good thing as it's approaching 1000 Surprised members!

So, to start off the 'unrelated' talk.... some perfume talk (coming from me what else did you expect?! :P). I don't suppose anybody has smelt the new(ish) Narcisco Rodrigues fragrance? I'd love to know what sort it is but it hasn't been released here yet Sad As an aside, I smelt the new Diptyque Essence of John Galliano candle this morning (scent created by .... you guessed it! John Galliano a.k.a. "the pirate" :P). It smells so heavenly! But the price is so NOT! $90! I'm going to wait till he releases the perfume Cool

Mabsy.
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Oh! Parfum...I love perfume talks.

Dear Mabsy, the last two weeks I've visited so many perfume counters and tried so many lines... but I've still not made up my mind yet.

And I've already faced another dilemma. Should I buy a new perfume just because of the fragrance or its container.

I'd love to have D&G Lightblue, it's so fresh and light and " so for me" but to compare its "simply plain" container with Lolita Lempicka's deadly gorgeous bottle is just like comparing an "Old Navy" sweat shirt with a " Betsey Johnson" girly sexy top.

I know I have a problem: a double personality, one grown- up tomboy and one beauty junky grown- up. It's too too bad...But I love to own something that can satisfy ...not all but most of my senses...Is that too demanding?
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone.

I tend to like Victoria Secret's scents. I don't seem to get headaches after putting this on.
cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I love fragrance as well. Always have since a teenager. My upcoming purchase (this week) will be the relaunched Yves Saint Laurent In Love Again.
Mabsy

Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:55 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by babyfish
Is that too demanding?

Not at all! That's why I buy so many! :P

My next "target" is Versace Jeans Couture Glam and CD Forever and Ever (I can't wait anymore! But CD has a GWP in two weeks so I have to force myself to wait it out Very Happy).

Mabsy
Goka
5% products discount

Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Burberry - Weekend

If you like your perfume on the sweeter side...I LOVE this scent - I finally found a scent I could wear forever...Too bad they discontinued it Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Goka,

Have you found anything to replace your favorite perfume?
Goka
5% products discount

Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
No...and I do not think I ever will...Lucky for me...I can still find my perfume on Ebay...but you never know the quality of it...

Just my luck too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Goka,

I just saw that your favorite parfume is still available at neobeauty.com Very Happy
Goka
5% products discount

Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, that's awesome! Thanks sooo much! I need to restock for a lifetime Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by babyfish

And I've already faced another dilemma. Should I buy a new perfume just because of the fragrance or its container.

I'd love to have D&G Lightblue, it's so fresh and light and " so for me" but to compare its "simply plain" container with Lolita Lempicka's deadly gorgeous bottle is just like comparing an "Old Navy" sweat shirt with a " Betsey Johnson" girly sexy top.

Babyfish,

When I'm stuck in a tug-of-preferits in making up my mind on a perfume, I usually go with the question "If you were blind-folded which scent would you go for ??" Remember the movie "Scent Of A Woman" ? That movie describes the allure of a woman and when she wears her signature scent... it's her scent that captivates even blind men, and it's her scent that paints her beauty even when he can't see her, so never underestimate the power of your favourite scent ! Very Happy.....So ! the bottle may charm, but it's the scent that you smelt on you, and said was 'so for me' that will make you even happier when you have it on.

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:49 am      Reply with quote
ahhhh, nice analogy Summertimegirl. I definitely will think of this the next time I go scent shopping Very Happy
Mabsy

Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
It is a very nice analogy but I am having trouble "implementing" it Smile I smelled CD Forever and Ever and the new Stella McCartney one. Closed my eyes. And thought, "ok which one am I going for?". I love them both!!!! Sad

I've had to adjust my budget this month to make sure that I get them both (those new Camper 'Cha Cha Cha' shoes - they're so adorable - will have to wait till April!) Very Happy

Mabsy
abighill@aol.com
5% products discount

Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone tried amazing grace by philosphy?
Absolutely beautiful in my opinion
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |