Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
The best natural antiperspirant / deodorant you've used?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skinfanatic
5% products discount

Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Is the Adidas deodorant the one that says it's for men?
twinkle-bright
5% products discount

Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skinfanatic,

The Adidas deodorant is for women and it comes in 2 different scents - icy burst and pure powder. I tried it out yesterday at the gym and it works better than I expected!

Here is a site I found showing a picture of what the product looks like. Mine looks slightly different and there is a sticker on my cap that says "0% Aluminum CottenTech+",but that may be because I'm in Canada. http://www.beautynewsnyc.com/natural-living/adidas-aluminum-free-deodorant/print/
ckmini
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
KMF is definitely on my list now, and Adidas sounds pretty interesting... say bye-bye to Dove and Secret for me. wave

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Ooo ooo!! I have one! Very Happy
I actually was asking the same question here a few months back and I found a great one. First, let me just say that NOTHING ever kept me dry. So I started using Certain Dri (you use it every couple of days just at night, and it actually closes your sweat glands), which did a fantastic job at keeping me from sweating, but nothing for odor during the day. So I originally was just trying to find something natural for odor to use in conjunction with the Certain Dri. First I tried the Kiss My Face roll on, but it just didn't seem to do anything for me. And then someone recommended L'Occitane deodorant. I gave it a shot and it works WONDERFULLY. It actually works so well that now I use just that and no longer use the Certain Dri. It's about $15 for a bottle, but it lasts a good 4-5 months.
It's a liquid roll on and it takes a few minutes to dry. So I'll put it on after I get out of the shower, and by the time I've lotioned my whole body, it's dry. Very easy part of my routine.
Apparently this deodorant has gained quite the cult following. It was time to get a new one, and I was picking up something at Sephora, so I figured I'd just pick this up there as well. They were all out though, so I went over to L'Occitane (luckily they have a store in the same mall!) to buy it there. The sales guy told me that they FINALLY had gotten more in after being out for awhile. Apparently he had been sending people over to Sephora since the store was sold out, which explains why Sephora was sold out as well. He says that they are having a hard time keeping up with demand and that people have started stock piling this stuff! Shock
Whatever you try, I hope you find your HG deodorant, because I'm so happy to have found mine!! Very Happy
lesleyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
closes your sweat glands

This kind of product truly terrifies me and I very rarely use anti-perspirant for this reason: Blocking the sweat glands on a continuous basis is not healthy and I really wonder if there's a direct link between chronic closure of glands and breast cancer.

I could be wrong about this, but there's something very wrong, it seems to me, with products that block the skin's ability to release toxins. There's a reason we have sweat glands.

Crystals deodorize beautifully. You still sweat but there is no smell whatsoever.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
This is a great thread!

I have been thinking of switching to something more natural that what I am using now and this gives me some great thoughts.

I think that Kiss My Face puts out some great products, so I may just start there.

Thanks!
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Tea Tree Deodorant stick from Alba Botanica.

http://www.albabotanica.com/?id=67

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, the only thing that I can say REALLY works contains aluminum zirconium trichlorohydrex (anhydrous). Secret Clinical Strength is very gentle on the skin for being so strong. I have skipped 2 days and it's still effective. You apply it at bedtime. For $7.99 price it's still worth it.
Fawnie

Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Several years ago I came to the conclusion that our arm pits were made to sweat for a reason and quit using antiperspirants. Some days call for a few shirt changes. At the same time I started using all natural deodorants though I was fooled into thinking some of them were all natural when they weren't. I've tried every natural deodorant I could get my hands on and never was satisfied with the result until last September when I finally found one that works. It eliminates (not masks) odor on contact and lasts all day. So while this is a small company, I think everyone would want to know about this brilliant all natural (really!) product. It is called "In Love With Body Care."
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:24 am      Reply with quote
my favorite natural deodorant is weleda's citrus deodorant. you can find it on EDS http://www.essentialdayspa.com/weleda-citrus-deodorant-p_9969.htm

i am on my 10th bottle or something. it does sting if you use it right after shaving your arm pits. i have tried a lot of natural brands and this one is the best for heavier perspiration.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I just bought Naturally Fresh Crystal Deodorant yesterday at Target after reading through this thread. I can already tell I'm going to have problems with it in the summer, because it won't keep me dry and I hate wet underarms. Just wondering if Weleda's citrus deodorant keeps you dry, skincareaddicted.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Skippie,

I doubt that Weleda will keep you dry. I don't think any "natural" deodorant has anti-perspirant properties which is what would block the pores from sweating. the ingredients that can do that are also quite unhealthy. deodorants mask or minimize smells from forming.

http://greenlivingideas.com/topics/personal-care-and-services/natural-deodorants-and-antiperspirants

Skippie wrote:
I just bought Naturally Fresh Crystal Deodorant yesterday at Target after reading through this thread. I can already tell I'm going to have problems with it in the summer, because it won't keep me dry and I hate wet underarms. Just wondering if Weleda's citrus deodorant keeps you dry, skincareaddicted.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:25 am      Reply with quote
The best I have used so far is the Adidas CottenTech+ deoderant.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Liquid Rock by Kiss my Face! It's very gentle, has a delicate smell and is very good for sensitive skin. Dries fast. I use it all the year round.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried this myself yet but I know a couple (very organic and "green") who have used straight Tea Tree oil I know it works as far as odor control, but agree the organic methods really don't control wetness.

DM Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I use Alba Botanica's Lavender deodorant. It's effective and doesn't change on me during the day. Not an anti-antiperspirant.

Other things I like: Clarins Spray deodorant, especially the blue one because the smell is so light you can wear your own perfume.

And Body Shop's Oceanus body spray. Unfortuantely, it was discontinued.

I liked it because the smell was oceany and didn't linger, so, again, no perfume clash.

Otherwise, I have used various perfume brand deodorants, and they have worked very well. The Chanel ones, for example.

With these sprays the trick was to carry the stuff with me and spritz in the ladies' as needed. I needed to do this when I was wearing a cami with a cardi or blazer so that the cardi or blazer didn't have to go to the dry cleaner after one wear.

Pluto
jamie74
5% products discount

Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nymue,

What was the name of the L'Occitane deodorant you use? I see there are a few different kinds out there.

Thanks,

Jamie
marinekko

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Body Shop has a deodorant that I've used and liked. And I'm pretty sure it's all natural.
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
my favorite natural deodorant is weleda's citrus deodorant. you can find it on EDS http://www.essentialdayspa.com/weleda-citrus-deodorant-p_9969.htm

i am on my 10th bottle or something. it does sting if you use it right after shaving your arm pits. i have tried a lot of natural brands and this one is the best for heavier perspiration.

I just bought the Weleda rose deodorant and I don't think I will ever use anything else. The best natural stuff I've found, and I've been searching for years. Smells heavenly to me too.
winni333

Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all. I posted this somewhere else on this forum, but I thought I'd add it to this thread too.

I have tried a pile of expensive all natural deodorants and not one of them has ever worked as well as the one I've been making for myself for the past few months:

-2/3 cup cornstarch
-1/3 cup baking soda
-5 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil
-10 drops of lavender (cuz I like the scent, but it is optional)
-also optional, 10 drops of sage oil

You have to melt the coconut oil and add everything together. I keep mine in a little pot with a lid on my bathroom counter. I just scoop some out with my fingers in and rub into my armpits. I am still amazed by how well it works. I live in CO, where it is pretty warm, but it even worked when I was in New Orleans for a week. I also poured some into an old (cleaned) deo container and I keep it in the fridge.
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use this, but for awhile Howard Stern was really concerned about Anti Perspirant and someone suggested this one to him. He said it really worked, as other naturals have not worked.
http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Gate-Winter-Clean-Deodorant-Stick/?pd_section=pr#ProductReviews
Tallisa
5% products discount

Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:33 am      Reply with quote
I've just been using lady speed stick invisible which has been great, keeps b.o away doesnt really leave any white marks on my clohing but I wouldn't say that it's my HG deodorant. So next time I might try some of the ones you all have suggested.
fairy_dreams
5% products discount

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I use Tom's of Maine (Apricot scented) and it's great. I don't smell at the end of the day and it has a clean and fresh scent (although you have to get used to it). I use it when I play sports and it's really long lasting. Plus, it has lots of natural ingredients Smile
medangit

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
This may be "bare bones" for some people. But I've been using a lemon. Just keep 1/4 or 1/2 of a lemon in a pretty lil bowl in my bathroom and rub on my underarms mornin and night. Sometimes there's a stray seed or bit of pulp, but I've made it through a month of Oklahoma summer with out any odor at all. I sweat a bit more, but when it's this hot I will anyway. It's CHEAP! I use it untill the juice is gone or it starts to turn dark. I suppose the "real" bottled stuff may work as well. I haven't checked it for additives. Just make sure you wait a bit after shaving your "pits"! Shock

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:24 am      Reply with quote
I use a crystal deodorant from Crystal Spring it's really effective at preventing odour, but doesn't prevent sweating. It has no chemicals and comes in a rock format or spray format which is also really good, if you're not into the whole rock thing.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |