Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Cleansing oil recipes with rinsing agents
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I found these on the site linked too, I know some want the option of a rinsing agent in a cleansing oil recipe so thought I would share. Smile

For those who want a rinsing agent in a cleansing oil here is a link with some very nice recipes tailored to skin type!

http://www.a1-natural-beauty.com/Cleansing_Oil.html

The recipes:

Cleansing Oils Recipe:

For oily and acne prone skin

3 tbsp. aloe-vera juice
3 tbsp. liquid castile soap
3 tbsp. sunflower oil
1 tsp. vegetable glycerin
3 drops lemon essential oil
3 drops tea-tree essential oil

For normal and combination

3 tbsp. aloe-vera juice
3 tbsp. sunflower oil
3 drops lemon essential oil
3 drops orange essential oil

For dry and mature skin

3 tbsp. aloe-vera juice
3 tbsp. sunflower oil
3 drops carrot-seed essential oil
3 drops geranium essential oil

For sensitive skin

3 tbsp. aloe-vera juice
3 tbsp. sunflower oil
3 drops German-chamomile essential oil
3 drops helichrysum essential oil

For the whole body

3 tbsp. aloe-vera juice
3 tbsp. sunflower oil
3 drops peppermint essential oil
3 drops rosemary essential oil

Mix all of the ingredients in a glass bottle. Shake thoroughly before each use. These cleansing oils will keep for about 1 month and can be custom-tailored for every skin type using various essential oils. Caution: Pregnant women and epileptics should avoid using lemon, orange, carrot-seed, peppermint and rosemary essential oils.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Those look lovely. Will have to try that out soon.

Another one that I am using and really liking as it is a breeze to remove.

Whatever OCM and EO mix you are using for your skin type and add 10% of total volume or a tad less of polysorbate 20. It rinses off beautifully.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:44 am      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
Those look lovely. Will have to try that out soon.

Another one that I am using and really liking as it is a breeze to remove.

Whatever OCM and EO mix you are using for your skin type and add 10% of total volume or a tad less of polysorbate 20. It rinses off beautifully.

That's another great idea DragoN, you are always on top of things! Smile

I posted for others that don't want to do it the standard way, oil only which is what I do.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Someone read my mind. I've procrastinated on starting this thread for 2 days. Laughing I like oil cleansing because surfactants just eat the skin off my face. But the whole steaming the skin thing is a no-go for me. It does horrible things to my skin.

I'm going to try the polysorbate thing. Sounds good. I also make a cleansing milk that works nicely to remove all makeup and pats off easily with a damp face cloth.

30% Rice bran oil
5% e-wax
65% distilled water
1 tsp glycerin per 100mls of emulsion.

Melt the wax in the oil, add water and whizz with a stick blender. Creates a liquid milk cleanser that hydrates the skin while removing all traces of makeup. Massage on and pat off with a damp facecloth. Leaves skin clean and hydrated. Super gentle without being oily.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:19 am      Reply with quote
NotMeNotYou,

LOL, I must have read your mind, or the powers that be sent me on the right road! I happened upon that site and the recipes while researching something else entirely. I knew that some wanted a rinsing agent to use so thought I should post them on the OCM thread and decided to start this thread as well! Smile

Thanks to you for adding your recipe!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
30% Rice bran oil
5% e-wax
65% distilled water

Melt the wax in the oil, add water and whizz with a stick blender. Creates a liquid milk cleanser that hydrates the skin while removing all traces of makeup. Massage on and pat off with a damp facecloth. Leaves skin clean and hydrated. Super gentle without being oily.

Ooooh...I like the sound of that one!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
Quote:
30% Rice bran oil
5% e-wax
65% distilled water

Ooooh...I like the sound of that one!

Just soooo many yummy recipes to play with DragoN! DIY heaven! LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
True....and a good one to throw in the luggage for travel. Sometimes the hot water in some places is not all that 'hot."

DIY heaven...and only one body to play with it on. My hubby just rolls his eyes and wants my bug repellent. *sigh*

But...I did talk him into doing a mask Very Happy
He didn't seem to mind it either.
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Here's another 2 emulsifiers to consider:

PEG-7 Olivate
Suggested Usage Rate: 1%-10%

Cromollient SCE
Suggested Usage Rate: 2%-10%

I am still working on a good mix for my skin. Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:48 am      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
True....and a good one to throw in the luggage for travel. Sometimes the hot water in some places is not all that 'hot."

DIY heaven...and only one body to play with it on. My hubby just rolls his eyes and wants my bug repellent. *sigh*

But...I did talk him into doing a mask Very Happy
He didn't seem to mind it either.

So true about just one body to play with! Hubby sounds like a typical man, they roll their eyes, but show them attention and pamper them and they purr like * spam * cats! LOL Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:50 am      Reply with quote
circus wrote:
Here's another 2 emulsifiers to consider:

PEG-7 Olivate
Suggested Usage Rate: 1%-10%

Cromollient SCE
Suggested Usage Rate: 2%-10%

I am still working on a good mix for my skin. Smile

Thanks for your addition circus, and hope you find your perfect mix soon! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. So these aren't ocm oils... are these more like light, soapy cleansers, or rich cleansers? I once tried a really beautiful, creamy Clarins cleansing milk which rinsed off my oily skin nicely - would they be like that?

I don't seem to have any trouble wiping off my 50/50 castor/oil with my micro-fibre rinsed in hot water, but I'm assuming what you're saying is that if I wanted to just rinse my face and not tax it with the use of a cloth, I should try these or the addition of "polysorbate 20"? I hope that or the e-wax/Olivate/cromollients stuff are easy to find - don't worry I will begin googling!

You guys are like magic.. so grateful, thank you! Smile

============ (I'm editing more in)

Forgive me, but I'm still trying to understand. The reason why my skin's liking the OCM as my only cleanser these days is because it doesn't strip my face. If I used Dr Bonners straight (which I do on my body), it would be too drying, but these recipe's with the oil & glyc & aloe should counteract that. Does that sound reasonable?

My skin is in the best shape its ever been thanks to ocm, micro-fibre & vit c, but I'm thinking the occasional break from the micro-fibre might be a good thing.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
NotMeNotYou wrote:
Someone read my mind. I've procrastinated on starting this thread for 2 days. Laughing I like oil cleansing because surfactants just eat the skin off my face. But the whole steaming the skin thing is a no-go for me. It does horrible things to my skin.

I'm going to try the polysorbate thing. Sounds good. I also make a cleansing milk that works nicely to remove all makeup and pats off easily with a damp face cloth.

30% Rice bran oil
5% e-wax
65% distilled water

I like the 'look' of this recipe, does it have to be Rice bran oil?? I can't find it so I thought maybe just plain olive, grape seed or corn oil could work? Guess I'll just give it a try say with the grape seed oil I have around which I bought for DIY recipes, -the olive oil I use mainly for cooking!
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
I like the 'look' of this recipe, does it have to be Rice bran oil?? I can't find it so I thought maybe just plain olive, grape seed or corn oil could work? Guess I'll just give it a try say with the grape seed oil I have around which I bought for DIY recipes, -the olive oil I use mainly for cooking!

Not at all. I use it because it's abundant in my supermarket (cold pressed, unrefined) cheap and it has a super-light weight feel to it. It's one of the fastest oils to absorb into the skin. So any very easily absorbed oil that's light would do the same thing. Other similar oils include but are not limited to....

Apricot kernel
Fractionated coconut oil
Sweet almond oil
Grape seed
Corn oil

I would just clear of the heavier oils like olive and avocado.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. So these aren't ocm oils... are these more like light, soapy cleansers, or rich cleansers? I once tried a really beautiful, creamy Clarins cleansing milk which rinsed off my oily skin nicely - would they be like that?

Hi Lori,

Yes exactly like that. I love OCM but for me the application of a fairly warm face towel seems to dehydrate my skin overly much. If you have a decent amount of skin oil then this would not be a concern. But since my skin is very fine and mostly dry, steaming the face is not a good idea for me. I needed to create a cleanser that would come off with either cold water or only lukewarm water and no rubbing of the face.

The emulsion I posted does that. I can remove it simply by patting a near cold face towel on my skin so it's gentler than original ocm. I made it because I didn't have any polysorbate to hand in order to create an oil that's self-emulsifying in water and rinses off. Cleansing milks were all the thing about 20yrs ago but seem to have fallen out of favour these days. Nevertheless they are nice and especially good for delicate skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA,

Sorry for causing you confusion, I do OCM and have for several years with an oil mix only!

I posted these because some just don't like the process of removing the oil and wanted rinsing agents.

I use a regular baby wash cloth to remove oil with hot water no microcloth here I find the baby wash cloths so very nice and soft! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
NotMeNotYou wrote:
ATester wrote:

Not at all. I use it because it's abundant in my supermarket (cold pressed, unrefined) cheap and it has a super-light weight feel to it. It's one of the fastest oils to absorb into the skin. So any very easily absorbed oil that's light would do the same thing. Other similar oils include but are not limited to....

Apricot kernel
Fractionated coconut oil
Sweet almond oil
Grape seed
Corn oil

I would just clear of the heavier oils like olive and avocado.

Many thanks! Very Happy
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
I don't seem to have any trouble wiping off my 50/50 castor/oil with my micro-fibre rinsed in hot water, but I'm assuming what you're saying is that if I wanted to just rinse my face and not tax it with the use of a cloth, I should try these or the addition of "polysorbate 20"? I hope that or the e-wax/Olivate/cromollients stuff are easy to find - don't worry I will begin googling!

You can just rinse, but I prefer to use the cloth still. Two long good swipes and it's all off.

Polysorbate 20/ Tween#20 same thing. Some makers sell OCM oils with Polysorbate Tween#80 at a large markup. Make your own. Usage is 1%-10%. I free pour...5%ish. Works well. And add EO's.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for responding!
I will try the recipes. I have everything but the sunflower oil, but I have others I can substitute. And I will make it a point to get my hands on one of the emulsifiers sometime soon.
"Lovely" is the word, so thank you for posting these. I learned after way too long how harshly I was treating my skin (and often wonder how many others are doing the same thing), and sometimes I think I should pull back again just in case I may still be overdoing it without knowing it!

Cheers... this is still so exciting for me, interacting with y'all instead of just looking...
annacarla
5% products discount

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:18 am      Reply with quote
is there a substitute that I can use instead of Aloe Vera Juice. It's not available here in my area and I live overseas. Thank you Smile
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I was using the cleansing oil from Silk Naturals.

http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/apricot-cleansing-p-823.html

I tried a sample first; then ordered the full size.

I decided to just order the same emulsifier
Cromollient SCE from Garden of Wisdom. I started off with Grapeseed oil and apricot oil.

Basic recipe is 90% oil (your choice) and up to 10% emulsifier.

This rinses clean. I don't believe in steaming and or hot water for my face. I don't do anything to encourage redness.

For those that don't want to mix a DIY cleansing oil; you can cleanse with just one oil (or more) first. Then use a foaming cleanser to remove residue.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |