Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Feeding your skin with Smoothies!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:23 am      Reply with quote
Freckles what recipe are you using? I'd like to get started on this...
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I just did a smoothie in my food processer, I think I need to buy a proper smoothy maker, which one are you all using, my recipe that I got from the internet tasted nice but obviously there were lots of bits in it Sad

recipe (no fruit just veg)

I only did half this as I have just stopped drinking caffeine and have a throbbing headache today, I dont want to detox too quickly.

2 carrotts, 4 leaves kale, 2 zuccini, 3 celery stalks, 2 tomatoes, 1 lime juice, half cucumber, cayenne pepper, 1 or 2 cups o water.
this tasted quite nice to me, but my taste buds are accustomed to juicing and spirilina powder, my husband said he would have some if I add some blueberries, which could be nice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Oh Kassy don't toss the wine glass just put the smoothie in it Laughing
This is information on blenders I researched.
The big daddy blenders are Vitamix, Blentec, and Health Master. I have talked to people that own all three and one plus for the Blentec is it fits under the counter. You will see videos with people using all of these. There are people being very successful with regular blenders but they seem to need to cut things up and blend things in slower. I started with a L equip 228 for 89.00( I really searched for that buy) and it is a great one...it is too tall to fit under most counters but it is a great machine. The four I mentioned will blend everything almost instantly. It takes me exactly five minutes to put everything in....blend...then clean the blender. I have things ready in the fig.the night before. Time is critical for me. These prices may vary but it is a good ball park figure.
Price Healthmaster- 200.00(payments possible)shipping is 4-6 weeks
Blendtec -335.00(was on sale somewhere… with free shipping)
Vitamix- around 399.00
Blendtec-89.00 plus shipping(about 10.00 shipping)This is truly the value buy

Also the Healthmaster,Blentec, and Vitamix will blend veggies like tomatoes on a special cycle and it will end of being hot and is soup. This is a benefit because although is hot it hasn’t boiled thus not destroying nutrients. Also you don’t have to heat it up on the stove or microvave. This is the vitamix making soup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8urAvwykdhM
This is the Blentec making soup
http://revver.com/video/179538/chicken-soup/
This is Montel Williams with the healthmaster( Jack LaLanne used to have one…this is new and improved. When I called about it the shipping was 4-6 weeks and I could wait but it does have payment plan. Looking at this video will really get you interested. http://www.montelwilliams.com/videos.html

Have fun checking it out.Image

This was at the beginning of the thread...I hope it is still good information.

a little edit here QVC now has Health master and Vitamix

http://www.qvc.com/qsearch/search.aspx/q.healthmaster?ref=GHF&cm_ven=googlePAID&cm_cat=Sports+%26+Fitness+-+Branded&cm_pla=Healthmaster&cm_ite=ssOxtIunH_6482697780_HealthMaster
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.K28091.desc.Vitamix-Creations-Variable-Speed-10-in-1-BlendingMachine

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:19 am      Reply with quote
thankyou toby Very Happy
The vitamix is a bit too pricey for me but I was looking at the healthmaster on qvc, I like the idea of soups as well. I had a cuisinart soup maker for xmas but I didnt like it then the enamel all came of so I took it back.

Toby do you use the same smoothie recipe everyday?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Not really, you are suppose to switch your greens around...but I do stick very close to the recipe that Dr.Oz had....it is on the frist of the thread. Wink
I had this blender in the beginning and for the money it is wonderful...I did up grade to the another one but looking back this one was more than sufficient. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Not really, you are suppose to switch your greens around...but I do stick very close to the recipe that Dr.Oz had....it is on the frist of the thread. Wink
I had this blender in the beginning and for the money it is wonderful...I did up grade to the another one but looking back this one was more than sufficient. Wink

Forgot to add the link
http://www.fykitchen.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=1440

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
So glad this thread is coming back up because I am back to my smoothies....fell off the wagonImage this winter but did try to make up with the green powdered stuff. But nothing like the "real thing baby"!! Dancing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Green Smoothies Rock... Just had a "tall one" today... Loaded up the blender with spinach, one apple (skin on ladies!), one cup of blueberries (I pick these fresh and freeze them) flax seed - a good Tablespoon or more and enough purified water to blend. Simple and delicious. I just read in a book for better skin how Berries are key to the best skin. 1/2 - 1 cup a day: blueberries, raspberries, blackberries are the best.

for any newbies bananas tend to sweeten the smoothie up more than other fruits and may be a good way to start - add a banana and at least one other fruit to your abundance of greens.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still on the smoothie bandwagon, too!
I've got to say, eating pineapple virtually every day has made a huge difference in my skin. I no longer have puffy eyes, even when I wake up with allergies. My skin is a lot less red, too.
I've simplified my smoothie recipe to:
--handful blackberries
1/4 pineapple
3 tblspns canned pumpkin
handful spinach
handful kale
2 oz. aloe juice.

The result is delicious--tastes like berries and pineapple and not much else.
I usually try to eat a raw carrot and/or bell pepper per day in addition to the smoothie.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
I've got to say, eating pineapple virtually every day has made a huge difference in my skin. I no longer have puffy eyes, even when I wake up with allergies. My skin is a lot less red, too.
--handful blackberries
1/4 pineapple
3 tblspns canned pumpkin
handful spinach
handful kale
2 oz. aloe juice.

I usually try to eat a raw carrot and/or bell pepper per day in addition to the smoothie.

--avalange

I gotta try this!!! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Are you supposed to replace your entire diet with these smoothies? Meaning no more meat, oils, etc.?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:44 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Are you supposed to replace your entire diet with these smoothies? Meaning no more meat, oils, etc.?

No - not your entire diet. You CAN go to a more raw diet by incorporating smoothies but the basic idea of this thread is that by drinking a green smoothie you get multiple servings of GREENS and skin loving fruits. This will help your skin glow and help overall health.

Hopefully in the scheme of doing so you eat less junk food and processed foods which are bad for your skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Freckles wrote:
I think everyone's skin needs are different and my key was more greens in my diet. I can't believe how much of a difference this is making, and I always thought I ate pretty healthy...

I had the same experience, thinking that my parent's version of the Mediterranean diet (with salads and lots of cooked veggies every night) was hard to beat. But after doing the green smoothies and eating mostly raw fruits and veggies, it totally rocked my world, and made me realize that there was even levels above what I thought was the healthiest way to eat. My rational mind never would have bought into it before trying it and having huge undeniable benefits Smile A couple of my male physics friends, who used to think I was crazy, are now totally solid on green smoothies and eat them everyday Smile

ClaudiaFE wrote:
Freckles... most likely this is an indication that you were in fact dehydrated. Smoothies are an excellent way to get hydrated. As the ingrediants tend to be full of water...

yay!!!

Plus all the tons of minerals and anti-oxidants will help repair the skin Smile

avalange wrote:

--handful blackberries
1/4 pineapple
3 tblspns canned pumpkin
handful spinach
handful kale
2 oz. aloe juice.

--avalange

Toby wrote:
I gotta try this!!!

I'm very curious about Avalange's recipe, too. It sounds very interesting. Toby, if you end up trying it, I'd love to hear how you like it!

Btw, I was at a Whole Foods near Boston the other day, and they were selling a few green smoothies! Of course, there weren't a lot of greens in the smoothies--in order to make them more palatable for the average consumer--but how cool is that?! Maybe in the future "fast food" will equal places serving ready-made delicious "green smoothies" Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Oh and btw, I was on Amazon.com today and I stumbled across the fact that Mimi Kirk is coming out with a book! Very cool.

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Raw-Natural-Health-Timeless/dp/1616082747/ref=pd_sim_b_4

The book appears to be on raw foods, but I hope it also covers other aspects of healthy living and about Mimi's life.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Oh ok, so they are more of a "supplement" as opposed to a replacement
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:45 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Oh ok, so they are more of a "supplement" as opposed to a replacement

Actually, you can use them however you want. Most people replace all or part of 1 meal a day with a green smoothie. But some people will eat 2 (or occasionally) more meals a day as a green smoothie. It's really up to you, and you might want to experiment until you find what works best for you Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I usually have one as breakfast, lunch or Brunch! Depending upon the day. I also try to have a green drink (powdered variety) if I think about it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Sister - what powder green drink do you use, if I may ask?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I'm still on the green smoothie bandwagon too! I used to have several colds ech winter. In the two years that I've been drinking the green smoothies, I have only had one cold and it was very mild.

I'm glad Avalange mentioned pumpkin. I wanted to try it last year but they had the pumpkin shortage and I couldn't find any pumpkin. Now, I have some in the cupboard. I'll try it this afternoon.

I usually use my green smoothies to replace lunch or as an afternoon snack.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Sister - what powder green drink do you use, if I may ask?

Vitamineral Green. I've used others and have decided based on reviews this is one of the best. I also love the manufactureres' desire to product a top quality product - it's so evident. I also use a powder spirulina from Pure Planet.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
A few months ago, on his show Dr Oz said that anise helps to prevent wrinkles by helping with collagen. I've been unable to locate any data online, but figuring what can it hurt, have been adding some to my daily green smoothie - don't know what it's doing for wrinkles but it does add a sweet/licorice taste to the drink. I purchased a pound of Frontier Anise Seed Whole, grind up about a 1/2 c. to keep in the fridge, then add no more than 1/4 teaspoon to the drink.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to know Dr. Oz's rationale on how/why anise helps with collagen. Not sure about that one.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I want to start drinking green smoothies!!! I don't have a fancy blender and I can't afford one, is that okay?

What's the best way to start? Any cautions?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
natefan - Any blender is a good start. cut your fruit up smaller, always blend in smaller amounts. Add purified water to help it blend. I had a non-fancy cuisanart at first and it worked. Go for it....

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
natefan - Any blender is a good start. cut your fruit up smaller, always blend in smaller amounts. Add purified water to help it blend. I had a non-fancy cuisanart at first and it worked. Go for it....

Thanks for the response! Should I expect any side effects?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |