Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DIY serum for acne and other benefits.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Based on several clinical trials, a little potion was born. I have noticed a member asking often about acne. I had that for many years and can relate to the dilemma.

This is what I threw together and have found to be the best solution. I cannot say that is will work for everyone with the same problem, however there is a good chance that it will help and definitely not harm. Other have used this recipe and really like it. My GF's also really like it.

The ingredients are inexpensive, boring and dull, they are not under patent protection and so no one is hawking them as the next latest and greatest...but they tend to be extremely effective.

Idebenone 0.15 grams= active
Niacinamide 1.5 grams=active
NAG [ N-acetyl D glucosamine] 0.6 grams=active
Ethanol 0.15 grams=diluent and penetration
Borage oil 9.0 grams= oil and carrier, 'thickener', high GLA content...great oil
SKB / OR Sea emollient 9.0 grams=humectant and carrier
Vit E 0.3 grams =Antioxidant for skin and oil
Vit A 0.3 grams = Antioxidant and skin essential active
Hyaluronic acid 1% 2.4 grams = humectant and 'thickener'
H20 6 grams= diluent for B3 and NAG
Polysorbate 80 0.6 grams= emulsifier...and can be split 75/25 with poly 20 to enhance vit A absorption. [ but that gets into piddly measurements and what not so don't worry about it]

Procedure:
1. Idebenone and ethanol first, drop by drop of ETOH Let sit for a while and continue with part 2. ETOH 99% is best, however 75% will do, just enough to get it into solution and not more. If you still have bits, let it sit for a while, stir and maybe a drop more. Patience.
2. Niacinamide and NAG and H20, stir till dissolved and clear.
3. Borage oil , Vit E and Vit A, and Polysorbate 80 stir well
4. SKB and HA,mix well and keep mixing, use a mini mixer if you have it. Then pour #2 while mixing into #4 and keep blending/ stirring till smooth.
5. Then add the Idebenone #1, which should now be a clear bright orange solution to your OILS #3, not to the water half, and stir well.
6. Then slowly pour #3 while mixing into #4 and keep stirring, do not stop. Soon you will have a bright creamy orange serum. Stable and smooth.
*n.b. There are no preservatives in this serum. One must always sterilize and disinfect all tools and containers prior to use, or use a preservative.

The idebenone is added to that boring old mare of a potion to make it more exotic...and you can eliminate it altogether to simplify. It will be creamy white.

The recipe was based on several studies regarding the effects of B3 on the skin, one in particular dealing with acne vs clindamyacin. B3 is very effective for helping to up regulate the skin's endogenous capacity for hyaluronic acid production as well as aiding in DNA repair...it's quite remarkable. Double bonus, it's cheap and easy to formulate with.

B3 also helps to regulate sebum production and as a result, shrinks pore size. It has been effective for *me* and several friends of mine.
clock

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Could you please reference the clinical trials you mention? Thanks
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:12 am      Reply with quote
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19691938
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19845667
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19845667
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19247681
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16029679
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7657446?dopt=Abstract
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19017042
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17129261
Jhayce

Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Where can I get these items?
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds amazing!!! M next project, thank you!

Newbies- get these things from Skinactives, Bulkactives, Lotioncrafters or any other cosmetic grade potion supplier.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:36 am      Reply with quote
seems easy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
DIY tutorial for the Prevage Knock off:

http://myfunnyvalentineblog.com/2011/05/diy-idebenone-niacinamide-glucosamine-anti-aging-serum-dragons-recipe.html

You may also want to take a look at the KinNiaNAG ...quite similar and a nice switch from the Idebenone mix. Also very effective.
beaufort323
5% products discount

Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:16 am      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
Based on several clinical trials, a little potion was born. I have noticed a member asking often about acne. I had that for many years and can relate to the dilemma.

This is what I threw together and have found to be the best solution. I cannot say that is will work for everyone with the same problem, however there is a good chance that it will help and definitely not harm. Other have used this recipe and really like it. My GF's also really like it.

The ingredients are inexpensive, boring and dull, they are not under patent protection and so no one is hawking them as the next latest and greatest...but they tend to be extremely effective.

Idebenone 0.15 grams= active
Niacinamide 1.5 grams=active
NAG [ N-acetyl D glucosamine] 0.6 grams=active
Ethanol 0.15 grams=diluent and penetration
Borage oil 9.0 grams= oil and carrier, 'thickener', high GLA content...great oil
SKB / OR Sea emollient 9.0 grams=humectant and carrier
Vit E 0.3 grams =Antioxidant for skin and oil
Vit A 0.3 grams = Antioxidant and skin essential active
Hyaluronic acid 1% 2.4 grams = humectant and 'thickener'
H20 6 grams= diluent for B3 and NAG
Polysorbate 80 0.6 grams= emulsifier...and can be split 75/25 with poly 20 to enhance vit A absorption. [ but that gets into piddly measurements and what not so don't worry about it]

Procedure:
1. Idebenone and ethanol first, drop by drop of ETOH Let sit for a while and continue with part 2. ETOH 99% is best, however 75% will do, just enough to get it into solution and not more. If you still have bits, let it sit for a while, stir and maybe a drop more. Patience.
2. Niacinamide and NAG and H20, stir till dissolved and clear.
3. Borage oil , Vit E and Vit A, and Polysorbate 80 stir well
4. SKB and HA,mix well and keep mixing, use a mini mixer if you have it. Then pour #2 while mixing into #4 and keep blending/ stirring till smooth.
5. Then add the Idebenone #1, which should now be a clear bright orange solution to your OILS #3, not to the water half, and stir well.
6. Then slowly pour #3 while mixing into #4 and keep stirring, do not stop. Soon you will have a bright creamy orange serum. Stable and smooth.
*n.b. There are no preservatives in this serum. One must always sterilize and disinfect all tools and containers prior to use, or use a preservative.

The idebenone is added to that boring old mare of a potion to make it more exotic...and you can eliminate it altogether to simplify. It will be creamy white.

The recipe was based on several studies regarding the effects of B3 on the skin, one in particular dealing with acne vs clindamyacin. B3 is very effective for helping to up regulate the skin's endogenous capacity for hyaluronic acid production as well as aiding in DNA repair...it's quite remarkable. Double bonus, it's cheap and easy to formulate with.

B3 also helps to regulate sebum production and as a result, shrinks pore size. It has been effective for *me* and several friends of mine.

Hi Dragon,

I like the sound of this recipe and I am going to order the ingredients. My son has occasional spots mainly on the forehead and neck but also gets dry patches around the nose and chin.

I am going to make him an oil cleanser emulsified version as I have some poly 80.

I also want to make him a moistursier.

Where would your serum fit in to his routine? would cleanse with the oil, rinse and then apply the serum and then whatever moisturiser he has? or would this serum act as a moisturiser.

i have some Hylauronic acid, can a simple moisturiser be made with this and if so do you have a recipe at all please?

many thanks Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Beaufort323, DragoN doesn't post here anymore.

I sent you a PM with info on how to contact her.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Does DragoN post elsewhere? Just curious. TIA.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:37 am      Reply with quote
thanks Bethany .

She posts on skin care talk forum I think
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Doctor Oz said that this Flawless Skin Home Remedy is a great way to clear up your skin. The aspirin (salicylic acid) helps to heal and prevent acne and pimples since it is anti-inflammatory. The lemon juice has vitamin C to minimize sun damage. Baking soda neutralizes the salicylic acid.

1. Mash up 6-12 non-coated aspirins and combine with freshly squeeze lemon juice.
2. Let the aspirin dissolve until it turns into a paste.
3. Apply the mask to your skin and leave it on for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the face mask by dipping a cotton round in some baking soda and some water.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
secretly wrote:
Doctor Oz said that this Flawless Skin Home Remedy is a great way to clear up your skin. The aspirin (salicylic acid) helps to heal and prevent acne and pimples since it is anti-inflammatory. The lemon juice has vitamin C to minimize sun damage. Baking soda neutralizes the salicylic acid.

1. Mash up 6-12 non-coated aspirins and combine with freshly squeeze lemon juice.
2. Let the aspirin dissolve until it turns into a paste.
3. Apply the mask to your skin and leave it on for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the face mask by dipping a cotton round in some baking soda and some water.

I saw that also Secretly,

It is amazing how the simple things can do wonders and how easily overlooked they are. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
I know! I started using pore toner with salicylic acid, and gave it to my DIL, reallllllly helps to keep skin clear.

5% products discount

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:55 am      Reply with quote
beaufort323 wrote:
thanks Bethany .

She posts on skin care talk forum I think

DragoN also posts on skincare boards net
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone here tried it? i.e. is that recipe really safe? I don't have the most sensitive skin, but even when using 2 aspirin, a couple drops of lemon with honey or yogurt, it seems harsh. I couldn't imagine using just aspirin & lemon juice.

I did leave it on for way longer than 10 minutes though.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |