Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Yamuna "Save Your Face" Massage (Yamuna Ball)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
beautybee
5% products discount

Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi has any one tryed or heard of YAMUNA FACE MASSAGE ? (Yamuna ball)
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
No, but here is one website.

http://yamunabodyrolling.com/store/body_focus/face/?show_item=36

5% products discount

Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Frodo, I saw this in a fitness magazine.
And looked it up on the net all I could fine was the description.The video really helped.... looks interesting
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I had to look this up. Is this just a sand filled medicine ball?? Pretty sure I lack the coordination to pull this one off, but it sounds logical. Maybe would work for someone that is already into yoga.

5% products discount

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I have them and love them!

No, they're not sand filled. The larger ball is placed under your head (you do it lying down), but most of the time I do it in bed so I just use the small ball on my face while laying on a pillow.

I love using the ball not only 'opens out' my face but also as I use it and breathe and relax I can feel tension in the back of my head and neck relaxing/releasing, and elsewhere too.

For those using safetox I find they work well together.

For those doing face exercises I find, again, they're a nice thing to use alongside.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Hey Sunrise and welcome to EDS wave ,
Tell me what you see happening with your face when using this yumuna technique. I remember you from the Flexing forum!!!!
Toby Wink

5% products discount

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Toby!!! thanks for the welcome Smile

The ball workout makes my face look - and feel - way more relaxed and open - I have horizontal lines (since my early 30s!), and sometimes light 11s which come and go depending on eyestrain and relaxation in that area and face exercises, massage, etc... Definitely makes me look younger as a result of that. It opens out the face, Yamuna says that it also helps with sinus tension and headaches when done regularly.

And it feels sooooo good to do! Imagine a cross between a wonderful shiatsu (or acupressure) and a gentle (not painful) rolfing (or deep tissue massage).

Yesterday I used the safetox (hadn't used it much for ages cos I was travelling), and afterward did the yamuna face workout. The lines I had beforehand were no longer visible and this morning they are still barely visible (will do another workout after I post this and then they'll probably disappear again).

You roll and press the ball along bone but also smooth/iron out the fascia at the same time (as per rolfing/deep tissue), stopping at points and, I guess, pressing along the way (as per shiatsu, or if you prefer, acupressure) and just relaxing into it. When I do this, I feel muscles at the back of my head and all over the place, including digestion areas opening up and relaxing. It's gotta be good for the health!!!!

At the moment, being a bit lazy with face exercises I will often do some FE upper face and then Ageless for the eyes and rest of the face, and then I'll do a (yamuna) ball routine - not taking as long as the DVD but usually around 15-20 mins, all while still lying in bed. It's a GREAT way to wake me up. I'm a zombie in the mornings but after I'm done with this routine I feel awake and refreshed (great when I have to get up earlier than I'd like!). Definitely energizing. Of course face exs are too, but the combo is great! (my only issue is to remain consistent, cos sometimes I jump straight on the computer and/or then run out of time - a no no for health!!!!!) It can also be helpful for headaches, esp with a combo of safetox and/or face exs, massage, etc…

With the ball routine there's definitely some lifting effect too - including with cheeks, and I'm sure helps NLs (though I don't have lines, just folds there). I even felt my baby jowls were improving when I was doing it really regularly (just getting back to regularity now after being crazy busy the last few weeks of my traveling), though I can't say for sure, didn't take photos. Of course the lifting effect is going to be temporary (just like safetox) if you don't use it much. However with regular use it may, like the safetox, help retrain some muscles, and thus change the way we hold our faces, cos the muscles would be learning that they have other choices besides just staying in a chronically contracted state!

Some years ago I went thru a period where I was doing a lot of bodyrolling (BR) - this was way before Yamuna developed her faceballs. So when I found out about the faceballs I already had an idea of what it might be like.

I loved BR when I was doing it a lot and would carry a small ball or two around with me when traveling too. I also fell in love with the Franklin Method (using body imagery - and also balls and therabands) back then, but then I became a callanetics addict (and still am) and hey, there's only so much time in the day, and as you know there is soooo much we are all doing to look after ourselves! My BR balls need pumping up now, I'd like to get back to doing it again, though it would be less regularly than I had in the past due to lack of time. But actually BR after a callanetics workout would be great to do!

If you are able to buy the 'save your face' DVD separately from the balls you can probably substitute them, though the faceballs are made specially to feel softer and nicer on the skin, so I don't mind having bought the whole kit. I bought mine on Amazon, it was cheaper than on Yamuna's site.

I don't think there's anything more I can add, but ask away if you think of anything.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Sunrise this is all VERY interesting. I watched the videos and the body roll with the balls looks like it would be wonderful. I am finding myself looking for things that are "feel good", they help deal with stress. Stress really shows on the face so I it makes sense that this pressure type massages would be transforming. Looks like Debra Crowley and this guy were on the same page about bone loss in the face. How long is the dvd for the facial program?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Wow Sunrise this is all VERY interesting. I watched the videos and the body roll with the balls looks like it would be wonderful. I am finding myself looking for things that are "feel good", they help deal with stress. Stress really shows on the face so I it makes sense that this pressure type massages would be transforming. Looks like Debra Crowley and this guy were on the same page about bone loss in the face. How long is the dvd for the facial program?

Sorry for saying guy here, the author of the program is a woman...I was tired when posting and didn't catch the mistake Embarassed

5% products discount

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:58 am      Reply with quote
haha no worries!

Yes, it's all very interesting indeed, I agree! The DVD runs for 1 hour and 15 mins. Aside from talking about it for a few mins in the beginning the rest is running thru a routine with a class, one side at a time. (though I often work both sides of a section before moving on myself!)

Another way I was able to temporarily erase lines on my forehead was to go to the other extreme and using an ankle weight on my forehead I'd do Tom Hagerty's scalp exercise while lying down - though I'd both frown and raise my brows while holding the weight as resistance against whichever direction my brows were moving in. There's something very satisfying about being able to frown or raise brows against some resistance. Almost like the satisfaction of scratching a deep itch! At any rate it clears tension. Must do it again now that I've reminded myself how satisfying it is!!!! lol!

If you want another interesting stress release, check out tremoring, or I think the call it TRE (trauma release exercise). A natural (and uncathartic) way to release built up stress in the body! There's so much cool stuff out there!

Julie
LBH
5% products discount

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone thinking of trying this? I am very tempted. I am currently using Safetox, Tanaka, facial acupressure, Vaculift and AALS...but Sunrise's description is very compelling....

My issues are horizontal forehead lines and the beginnings of NL lines. All of the above has helped a lot, but Yamuna looks very interesting.

5% products discount

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone thinking of trying this? I am very tempted. I am currently using Safetox, Tanaka, facial acupressure, Vaculift and AALS...but Sunrise's description is very compelling....

My issues are horizontal forehead lines and the beginnings of NL lines. All of the above has helped a lot, but Yamuna looks very interesting.

5% products discount

Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
What's AALS? (just curious).
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
AALS is the Anti-aging Lightstim(LED Light).

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Sunrise....

How much pressure would you describe you recieve will doing the face. The more pressure (short of breaking bones, causing pain etc...) the better!

Does the ball give? What's it filled with? Air, or sand/beads? Have you ever used those small bead filled squeazy balls (stress balls for squeezing in the hand)? I've rolled those over my face, like teeny tiny fingers giving you a message... Feels good!

This looks pretty interesting! My initial reaction is that it would be quite complimentary to facial exercises...

It also looks as though you could have a partner do it for you?

Did you all take a look at the DVD for the feet. Seriously, that makes my ol' beaten up ballet feet drool... can feet drool?

I might pick that set up!

Thanks for sharing... This looks very interesting.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Also... This reminded me of the Melt Method... have you heard of that?

https://www.meltmethod.com/store

5% products discount

Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Claudia,

I have the footsavers, yes, good but owch! Laughing I've gotta start undusting all this stuff, as it's been a few years since I was using yamuna's products, and all this has gotten me interested in working with it again. I see she now has an ankle savers dVD, that looks particularly interesting to me with slightly fallen arches, looks like it also encompasses the feet. And the breathing one looks good too.

The balls are air filled. There is pressure of course, but I don't think you get quite the pressure you're referring to but if you wanted it's probably quite easy to substitute with a harder ball (and yes, I guess if someone did it on you you'd feel even stronger pressure), however I believe it works the bones and fascia and the cranial area in a different way to just challenging bone with pressure - in a way related to my experiences from rolfing and various cranial work).

Definitely a complement to FE, though not a replacement for say - jolting, as the two techniques are quite different.

Here is an article I found online by a yamuna teacher that will probably explain it better than my layman's knowledge. I can't post links yet, but if you google anjali yamuna face you'll find it.

Although I never seem to get around to using the bigger ball as well (which you put under your head), as I do it in bed on a pillow, and the time I used the ball I found it less comfortable, but in googling online today and reading further it seems that the two ball combo is used to help for a more complete release.

I followed your link, thanks - yes, looks like it may be kind of similar, though not sure of those particular techniques. Though following the link to her integral anatomy DVD series, that looks absolutely fascinating!

(waves to claudia)
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
There is another ball program, that for the life of me I can't remember the name. But HAVE the product. I'll have to look for it. My kids have managed to take the balls...

But you place them under various muscles and then just rest on them... really lets the muscles go... WEIRD for sure, but works... also air filled...

I'll post when I find them... I KNOW they're here somewhere!

5% products discount

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:17 am      Reply with quote
I don't think that's wierd, cos that's also my experience with bodyrolling and the face balls (and with shiatsu with practitioners that go slowly into the points rather than just going in too extremely).

I treat it like a meditation, go slowly and breath into it when pressing the ball on a point. That's when I can feel releasing going on in other areas as well as the point I'm on. (like back of head, or even in my body - probably like foot reflexology).
Sunrise
5% products discount

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:28 am      Reply with quote
Oh, Claudia, I meant to also say - re your feet - have you ever tried any Feldenkrais on them? For instance there's a book of Feldenkrais exercises called Relaxercise which I have. And there's a specific exercise for the feet - and, like the rest of feldy stuff, all really gentle and painless, but the feet get soft and relaxed.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:41 am      Reply with quote
I HAVE tried Feldenkrais. Not on my feet however. It def. gets into the body. I was shown a move once for the neck that BLEW ME AWAY!

I'd be curious about a foot move. So would DH, who is a chef and stands A LOT! Will investigate.

All that said, I have not done a lot of feldenkrais, because I think I'm a bit too hyper for how slow it is... well, that was years ago. Maybe now I'd dig it more.

Another word... Ok 2... YIN YOGA! LOVES!

Oh and another 2... Chi Gong... Check out Jennifer Kries for these two methods... She ROCKS!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Caught my attention about headaches, I'm willing to give this a try just to release the tension I get from headaches (migraines) as well as my neck. Sounds so interesting, thanks for the posts.

5% products discount

Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Love Qi Gong, but haven't done it for ages - no classes around here. I guess you could do it from DVDs, hadn't thought about that.

Not heard of yin yoga, going to check this woman out now, thanks! For hubby there are also feldy standing exercises... (even walking ones, which I sometimes do when walking in the park). But yeh, you do have to slow down so I don't always do them myself! Laughing
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I ordered this yesterday. They lady said it would really help with expression lines, grinding teeth and and the ugly way I hold my chin! i1f your interested , I will post the results

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm not quite understanding the concept here as the video at the beginning doesn't show anything of how it works,
Would working with a knuckle massage have a similarity? Just want to know what the Yamuna balls resemble, can't see any good info of how to use them on the video. Or in any case which are the movements one has to do with these balls?
TIA, A.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |