Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How To Get Rid of Dry, Cracked Heels
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
spabeauty

Sun May 15, 2011 1:10 am      Reply with quote
I want to share some tips how to get rid of dry, cracked heels. While this tends to be a summer hazard, it can happen all year-round. If you can’t afford a fish pedicure, get rid of dry heel syndrome with this five-step process I cobbled together and use myself from time-to-time.
Because this is a 3-step process (foot soak, foot scrub and then overnight mask), you can skip parts of this process if you choose. If you continue to wear the foot mask every night for a week, your problems should be solved.

Here’s How:
1.Soak feet for 5-10 minutes in a warm foot bath made with 1 cup milk and 5 cups warm water.
2.Create a homemade foot scrub by putting 4 tablespoons salt or sugar in 1/2 cup oil. Baby oil, sweet almond oil or coconut oil or even vegetable oil works well.
3.Massage the homemade foot scrub in a circular motion into bottoms of feet.
4.Scrub bottoms of feet with the pumice stone. Rinse and dry feet.
5.Before you go to bed that night, try this tip from beauty guru Paula Begoun: rub a Stridex pad over dry areas of feet. Stridex, a product found in the acne section of any drugstore, contains 2 percent salicylic acid so it’s a great exfoliant for the feet.
6.Apply moisturizer thickly on feet (do not wash off Stridex). A super-rich moisturizer like cocoa butter, Eucerin (my favorite) or even Vaseline works best.
7.Pull on socks and keep them on throughout the night for at least 4 hours.

What You Need:

•1 cup milk
•Sugar or salt (either will work)
•Baby oil, sweet almond oil or coconut oil
•Pumice stone
•Stridex, found in the acne section of any drugstore
•Thick moisturizer
•Socks
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2011 1:58 am      Reply with quote
After you moisturize wrap your feet losely in olastic wrap then put on your socks. The body heat makes more efficent use of the moisturizer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2011 2:03 am      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
After you moisturize wrap your feet losely in olastic wrap then put on your socks. The body heat makes more efficent use of the moisturizer.

Sorry, PLASTIC WRAP, DUH!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2011 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Udderly Smooth® Udder Cream for years on my elbows and heels and both, well all four, areas are really smooth!
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I just use a Ped Egg once in a while after I shower. I think revlon has a version of this tool also. I wear sandals and open shoes constantly in the summer and I find this works a lot faster than trying to remove the dead/dry skin with soaking and slathering my feet with overnight lotions and socks. I still use lotion but the Ped Egg takes care of the majority of the dry skin build up.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?ItemID=100961
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Spabeauty for the advice.

I've been thinking what I can do for my feet. They look really bad right now (I've basically ignored them the last year due to the baby). I just noticed them recently and I, too, have a pediegg but I can't find it. I've been thinking if I want to buy another one (which means I'd find the first one right away). I hate to have two, but you know how you're ok with something when you didn't notice it, but once you do....it starts to bug you? I'm there now. Laughing

I have everything but the stridex so I'll give it a go after the baby is in bed. I'll see how it goes. Thanks again!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2011 3:21 am      Reply with quote
If you search this forum under the words "cider vinegar" you will also find a simple, seemingly miraculous cure for dry, cracked heels.

BFG
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2011 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
This thread is perfect timing for the summer season!

My husband had really bad dry, cracked heel and finally it is getting better. Now I am having this problem. I just got a pedicure today, & having one done on regular basis does help. I bought shea butter and I am putting that on at night. It's working Very Happy
ElleWoods
5% products discount

Fri May 20, 2011 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! I'll pass this onto my mom.

The doctor recommended this stuff called "bag balm" for cows utters Smile we haven't tried it yet but I've heard amazing things.
paulspnao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2011 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Wow it’s really very amazing. I'll pass this onto my mom. My mom had really bad dry, cracked heel and finally it is getting better. Now I am having this problem. I just got a pedicure today, & having one done on regular basis does help. I bought shea butter and I am putting that on at night. It’s working. Great site. Nice post. Thanks for sharing.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2011 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Microplane foot file and M2 body refinish Smile
= happy feet.

Also hate how someone just randomly comes here and first post is a "how to" ...selling something?
sound like it anyways.....

Fish pedicure is banned in many places because they reuse the fish on many people and do not always clean the water tank between people.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2011 3:20 am      Reply with quote
ElleWoods wrote:

The doctor recommended this stuff called "bag balm" for cows utters Smile we haven't tried it yet but I've heard amazing things.

I have bag balm & it is usually kept at the barn where I ride horses. Cosmetically, it's nothing special, but it works.
LuvToSmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2011 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
ElleWoods wrote:

I have bag balm & it is usually kept at the barn where I ride horses. Cosmetically, it's nothing special, but it works.

ped egg and bag balm are the "total" cure for this problem ! easy and effective.
ladyroxanne

Sat May 21, 2011 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
i have used the stridex and the bag balm and they work great. i have the ped egg and even though it does work it has on occasion made my feet sore. i've stopped using it because i think i'm doing something wrong. anyone else ever have a problem with the ped egg?
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2011 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
lagomorph wrote:
I just use a Ped Egg once in a while after I shower. I think revlon has a version of this tool also. I wear sandals and open shoes constantly in the summer and I find this works a lot faster than trying to remove the dead/dry skin with soaking and slathering my feet with overnight lotions and socks. I still use lotion but the Ped Egg takes care of the majority of the dry skin build up.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?ItemID=100961

Yeah it's a pretty aggressive buffer imo but it still works
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Paula uses Callous Eliminator; she says its very good. So I bought it from Ball Beauty and the small bottle for cuticles on hands. Its fantastic. Did a great job on my heels, the Callous Eliminator that is.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I love the pediegg. The directions say to use it before showering on dry heels. When I first got mine, I was overzealous and sloughed a little too deep! Since then, I am better and I love the smooth heels I get from using it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I have dry, cracked heels and have tried so many rememdies. I am scrubbing with a pumice stone, applying a 20% glycolic solution to the area, and then pure shea butter afterwards. It's an ongoing problem, though. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I try to get a pedicure every 4 months in the summer. Not only are they a big treat, but they make a huge difference with the health of my feet. Between pedicures, I use the paddle the estheticians use on my feet. I scrub the areas that get dry and where callouses form. After doing that, I use the same sugar or salt scrub that I use on my body. You have to make sure you rinse your foot really well before you start standing on it or you'll slip. I prefer th scrubs that aren't as oily; the oily ones make the shower floor too slippery. After the shower I moisturize my feet and I do it everynight. It can be a bit of a pain in the butt, but it really pays off if you stay on top of it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I tried everything under the sun to cure my cracked heels - from cheap to too expensive.

I finally found the cure. I soak my feet while watching 30 or so minutes of TV - I use about 2/3 apple cider vinegar to 1/3 water.

After soaking, I jump in the shower with a scrubbing paddle and scrub my heels. The excess skin falls off in sheets.

My feet are then sweet and smoothe until the next time. No cracks, no flakes, no roughness.

BFG
Skyla
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, that sounds like a great idea! Smile I use apple cider vinegar for so many things, and this is just another great suggestion!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Barefoot- Thanks for that reminder! I put DH's feet into a pan with it last night for an hour and then had himscrub off the dead stuff and slather in cream with socks.
It works! I read that before but had forgotten.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for this great advice.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
And if your feet stink, a baking soda and water soak for 20 min twice a week does wonders!!! Bad Grin
Skyla
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |