Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
DIY Structured/Energized Waters
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
...I will ask him though! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Also, I guess we can go on asking various people's opinions on structured and energized water until we are blue in the face but it will remain a matter of individual opinion and personal belief. Back to the "Whatever you believe in, is..." line of thought.

I don't think it is a matter of individual opinion - I think it's the case that it's either possible or not. Of course, it might be that it is possible but current general scientific knowledge doesn't yet understand it.

This is from Steve Lowers Chem1 website:

Quote:
These claims are bunk; there is no scientific evidence that water can be "energized", re-structured, or otherwise altered by filters or external forces.

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/EnergizedWater.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
This is Dr Lower's opinion on using a catalyst to energise water - he is discussing Willard's Water - but his comments would also apply to ASG as well:

Quote:
Yet another product ("Catalyst-altered water.. a more efficient form of water") is supposed to have been discovered accidentally by a late John Willard, a chemistry professor at the South Dakota School of Mines. (It would be interesting to see if there is any evidence for this!) It's hard to believe that a legitimate chem prof would promote such bunk.

"...the molecular structure of H2O is altered by a catalyst. As a result, the catalyst altered water ([CACA]) acts as a normalizer on all living things not in a healthy state. "

Maybe this guy could do it, but no other chemist has ever succeeded in altering the structure of a small molecule like H2O, and no evidence for this remarkable feat is offered.

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/clusqk.html#IES

For me, this is the problem with ASG too - no evidence is offered.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Did I send you that piece I read on Amazon? I read it when I was considering buying a "Vitalizer." If someone else has posted this somewhere, I apologise for the repeat.

"I am an environmental engineer with a masters degree and several years industry experience specializing in drinking water treatment.

Based on my professional experience I can definitively state that this product is absolutely nonsense. The description is riddled with pseudo scientific language completely devoid of meaning.

To address specific claims:
1)In a liquid, atoms do not form a crystalline lattice, nor do they show any other form of long-range order. This is one of the fundamental properties of a liquid. Hexagonal water is ice. There is no form of hexagonal water that is not ice. Furthermore no magnetic or infrared forces generated from a counter-top device could have any effect on the molecular structure of water. Nor would you want them to. Water is good and healthy the way it is.

2) The oxygen content of water varies from 0-~10 mg/L based mostly on microbial activity and exposure to air. This matters a great to fish and microbes who "breath" the water and not at all to mammals who drink it. Increasing the oxygen content might in some small way increase microbial growth, but mostly it will not matter at all.

3) Minerals might be added to your water. Theoretically this could be beneficial although, again, it will mostly not matter. Most alarmingly is the claim that the mineral cube lasts 4000 minutes. Most of the minerals you want added to water are extraordinarily insoluble. They are literally rocks, which do not dissolve quickly. Either these mineral cubes provided are microscopically small or they are not the minerals that belong in drinking water.

4) Unless you subscribe to some quasi religious view of energy then adding energy to water does not translate into you feeling energized. In this application adding energy pretty much means adding heat. If you want warm water then use a microwave or stove-top.

In summary, do not buy this product. Also learn science or, at a minimum, give a scientist a hug. We pretty much keep this world running."

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
The general opinion of all the scientists that I have asked, and of those who have shared their opinions on the net, is that the structure of water molecules can't be altered.

The only people who claim they can are people who are trying to sell something - and unfortunately they provide no scientific evidence to back up their claims.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
...Also learn science or, at a minimum, give a scientist a hug. We pretty much keep this world running."

Note the people who commented about this amazon review and laid into the reviewer for that last line!

I'd never wandered into that part of the amazon world, by the way. Lots of fascinating devices. You could spend all kinds of money.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
Antonia wrote:
...Also learn science or, at a minimum, give a scientist a hug. We pretty much keep this world running."

Note the people who commented about this amazon review and laid into the reviewer for that last line!

I'd never wandered into that part of the amazon world, by the way. Lots of fascinating devices. You could spend all kinds of money.

Where did you see the link Hermosa? I managed to miss it? Amazing how some react isn't it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I thought he said it tongue in cheek. Yes, all sorts of things. Alkaline water get a lot of people excited but there is no way it changes the body's pH (nor should it). If the body
wanders too far from its optimal pH, we die, so we don't need alkaline water. The body attends to the balancing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
I thought he said it tongue in cheek.

I thought it was pretty funny, and for some reason it reminded me of high school, where our math/English/social studies/science teachers would all try to convince us that their subject (and only theirs!) was the key to understanding life, the universe, and everything.

http://www.amazon.com/Vitalizer-Plus-Hexagonal-Oxygen-Water/dp/B0017SJFEG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I really like this part of one reviewers explanation! Laughing

You see this little tornado like in the picture and it breaks up the water molecules and does all this scientific stuff to the water to make it easier for your body to absorb.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I really like this part of one reviewers explanation! Laughing

You see this little tornado like in the picture and it breaks up the water molecules and does all this scientific stuff to the water to make it easier for your body to absorb.

Lolol. I didn't read that. Too funny. Hermosa, you and I must have gone to the same school. My history teacher was so upset when I took biological sciences that she showed up at my house and gave my mother heck. So insane!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, just chiming in to say I'm totally bored to death with spritzing water day in and day out.. I'm beyond blasting the blow dryer, as all it did was leave me with a dry, tight feeling.

I'm not quite sure what the reason is, but I do have a (very slight) visible tightening of skin around my eyes. Pictures confirmed this for me.

Last week I thought I was seeing a nicer look to the skin on my neck, but now that I compared some pictures, I still look the same. (Didn't realize just how good my neck and skin looked until this last round of pictures..Laughing) In fact, a lot better than 5 years ago.. Shock

Any other DIY'ers willing to chime in now publicly... Question Bad Grin Laughing

Still enjoying my energized drinking water for sure! Worth every bit of my little investment.

ETA: Never mind... Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Ahhh Kassy, so nice to break away from WORK yet again to read your post. First, you are very lovely and young-looking to begin with. That photo you sent a while back was just stunning.

Second, I am very interested in the results you had around your eyes. I don't know if you posted a recipe, so will go back and look.

You mention looking younger now than five years ago. I look way younger than I did five years ago. The trouble is, how does one know what to attribute it to when there's a drawer full of gizmos, a closet full of creams and (in my case) a huge 4' wide kitchen drawer full of supplements? I also think that the fillers I used to have made my face look older somehow.

I'm going to get Harlan to weave some magic over his Kangen water and start squirting. I won't use the hair dryer though. That never felt right with me...just the LightStim or the BQ. I always used my ASG with serum over it, so I'll continue doing that too (with the Kangen). No idea why, since the ASG didn't appear to affect my skin as positively as it has done for others, but with the Spirits White Gold supplement, ya never know! I'm all for vibrating at a higher level Bad Grin

Back to #%&@^*$ work.

Kassy_A wrote:
Okay, just chiming in to say I'm totally bored to death with spritzing water day in and day out.. I'm beyond blasting the blow dryer, as all it did was leave me with a dry, tight feeling.

I'm not quite sure what the reason is, but I do have a (very slight) visible tightening of skin around my eyes. Pictures confirmed this for me.

Last week I thought I was seeing a nicer look to the skin on my neck, but now that I compared some pictures, I still look the same. (Didn't realize just how good my neck and skin looked until this last round of pictures..Laughing) In fact, a lot better than 5 years ago.. Shock

Any other DIY'ers willing to chime in now publicly... Question Bad Grin Laughing

Still enjoying my energized drinking water for sure! Worth every bit of my little investment.

ETA: Never mind... Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
FWIW, there is such thing as water clusters (transient weak Van der Waals forces among water molecules), but they are not the same thing as structured water. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but structured water is indeed bunk pseudo-science. While I love the power of positive thinking, no one has been able to replicate Dr. Emoto's studies. Also, the studies done on water clustering with NMR (i.e., fMRI) imaging is very reliable, again proving that structured water is bunk. Less than < 0.01% of scientists may believe in it, and 0% of the Ph.D. chemists that I personally know believe in it.

Also, in regards to Toby's brown spot fading, MSM is known to fade brown spots. No energized water is needed to explain that. In fact, many people have phenomenal skin results just from applying MSM topically. Combine that with aloe, and some herbs and minerals, and you've got a good skincare product for many. Like from the beginning, though, I still am suspicious about the ASG product as there's nothing in it that would merit such a huge price tag. Not skeptical about the product being great for many people's skin, just skeptical about the price tag, some of the (pseudo-)scientific claims, and a couple of the business practices.

Finally, "vortexed" water tastes better to many people simply because the oxygen content of the water can been increased by the shaking of the water. If I recall correctly, vortexing can up to double the oxygen content of the water. If any of you have pets, you might know that some pets are finicky and will not drink water that's been sitting out for days. However, if you then have that some water recycled through a fountain, which acts to increase the oxygen content of the water, then the finicky pets will then drink the water again. This may explain why the vortexed water tastes better to Kassy---it is simply less flat (less "old" tasting).

Just my thoughts on the subject (hope this doesn't come across as too negative!).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
FWIW, there is such thing as water clusters (transient weak Van der Waals forces among water molecules), but they are not the same thing as structured water. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but structured water is indeed bunk pseudo-science. While I love the power of positive thinking, no one has been able to replicate Dr. Emoto's studies. Also, the studies done on water clustering with NMR (i.e., fMRI) imaging is very reliable, again proving that structured water is bunk. Less than < 0.01% of scientists may believe in it, and 0% of the Ph.D. chemists that I personally know believe in it.

Also, in regards to Toby's brown spot fading, MSM is known to fade brown spots. No energized water is needed to explain that. In fact, many people have phenomenal skin results just from applying MSM topically. Combine that with aloe, and some herbs and minerals, and you've got a good skincare product for many. Like from the beginning, though, I still am suspicious about the ASG product as there's nothing in it that would merit such a huge price tag. Not skeptical about the product being great for many people's skin, just skeptical about the price tag, some of the (pseudo-)scientific claims, and a couple of the business practices.

Finally, "vortexed" water tastes better to many people simply because the oxygen content of the water can been increased by the shaking of the water. If I recall correctly, vortexing can up to double the oxygen content of the water. If any of you have pets, you might know that some pets are finicky and will not drink water that's been sitting out for days. However, if you then have that some water recycled through a fountain, which acts to increase the oxygen content of the water, then the finicky pets will then drink the water again. This may explain why the vortexed water tastes better to Kassy---it is simply less flat (less "old" tasting).

Just my thoughts on the subject (hope this doesn't come across as too negative!).

No negative at all, as you mention the oxygen content in the last paragraph... to do with pets... which in a way must relate to humans, animals after all, ....
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
"cm", I couldn't agree more (on all you said), and think the majority on this thread would concur.. Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
"Finally, "vortexed" water tastes better to many people simply because the oxygen content of the water can been increased by the shaking of the water. If I recall correctly, vortexing can up to double the oxygen content of the water. If any of you have pets, you might know that some pets are finicky and will not drink water that's been sitting out for days. However, if you then have that some water recycled through a fountain, which acts to increase the oxygen content of the water, then the finicky pets will then drink the water again. This may explain why the vortexed water tastes better to Kassy---it is simply less flat (less "old" tasting). "

How interesting. A couple of weeks ago, I woke up in the middle of the night with a migraine. I had a glass of water next to the bed, covered with a little lid but (shame on me) I hadn't changed it for over a week. *Gross* It did indeed taste "old" and I mentioned this to Don the next day. (It's a long story but my daughter's significant other won't drink water that's not fresh out of the tap/filter/bottle or whatever as he swears it tastes "like it's gone off." We rag him about it all the time.) I'm going to leave some water again and then stick it in my BlendTec to see if it changes to more fresh tasting.

The rest of CM's comments are spot on IMO.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Cm5597 - thank you for this insightful input. I am taking the liberty to copy and paste your post to the ASG Diamond thread as I believe people there deserve to be informed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, Kassy, I'd also be curious whether the water tastes just as good for you and/or works just as good on your skin if you shake it in a bottle for the same amount of time as you vortex it normally. Would you be willing to test this out for us, testing "shaking" versus "vortexing", and see if you notice a difference? If the water tastes the same, that might suggest that it is just oxygenation. However, if the vortexed water tastes better, maybe the vortexer is better at oxygenating the water and/or maybe there is something else going on (e.g., I think I heard a couple vortexers also add minerals to the water).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
There's a locally famous coffee place called Philz where the baristas prepare each "cup of love" individually. The process includes pouring the coffee from a great height, a primitive way of aerating the drink. I always thought they did it for dramatic reasons, but maybe it's for the taste. (The coffee is outstanding.)
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Dry Skin Cream (3oz)

1/2oz CeraVe Cream
1oz CeraVe Lotion
1/2oz Aloe Vera Gel (I used fresh, but if you can find a good bottled gel, go for it)
1 tsp Niacinamide
1/2 tsp Glycerin
2 tsp Virgin Coconut Oil
2 tsp Distilled Water

Mix the CV products together
Mix the niacinamide into the water, then add to the base
Now add and stir in the remaining ingredients.

***For those who opt for fresh aloe***

- Cut a leave from the bottom of the plant
- Stand in sink, cut side down, so the nasty liquid runs out
- Slice leave lengthwise, and scoop out the 'gel' only with a spoon

Fair warning, fresh aloe gel will (and should) look quite snotty (Laughing) If you have a little DIY mixer, it will come in handy to incorporate it into your cream.. If not, just do the best you can to mix thoroughly..

If you use fresh aloe, you might want to add a few drops of preservative.

BUMP..

I've long since put the energized water behind me, but if anybody else suffered from dry skin with the *water*, then you might want to whip up this cream.. (Frankly it's great when your skin returns to normal as well..)

***Adding a couple of thousand mg's of OPTI-MSM to the water phase of the recipe, makes it awesome!*** Very Happy

echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
I use quite a few devices that need to be used in conjunction with this specific type of product. Question, can you use lubricant, like KY jelly?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
havana8

Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Some more informative, pertinent information:

Water Education
Do specially structured forms (clusters) of water give water unusual health benefits?

No, this is a drinking water scam. Water molecules do tend to form polymers in solution that are constantly changing, but there is no scientific evidence that water can be induced to form a particular polymer for an extended period of time nor that this particular polymer gives water special healing properties. Such views are usually advocated in the literature and web sites promoting the sale of products for the "alternative" health care market.

According to the promotions and hype by some water vendors, there are special forms of water to be found in nature if you know where to look. Supposedly, these specially clustered forms of water are different from ordinary water and have all sorts of healing power and medical benefits. Some are advertised as containing primordial water, a special form of ancient water that has retained a type of energy associated with the beginning of the universe and the source of life itself.

There are also claims of special polymer water being found in remote springs around the world. These treasured springs are usually from some high mountainous region, where the people drinking water from these sources, enjoy healthy lives to aripe old age. Like other medical mumbo-jumbo, this magical water will energize your body because it improves cell hydration with increased nutrient transport into cells and increased transport of toxics out of cells.

There are hundreds of water vendors offering a special form of water that is supposed to contain microclustered colloids. According to promotional schemes, these oxide-containing colloids have the ability to trap ions and particularly hydride ions (negative hydrogen ions) by altering local water structure around them. This hydride ion water is supposedly found only in special glacier waters in specific mountainous regions of the world. Its primary claim to fame is anti-aging benefits due to its activity as an antioxidant. There are other claims related to increased nutrient uptake by cells and elimination of free radicals.

The fact is that no one has found hydride ions to actually exist in water.

There are numerous claims about how alternative medical practices are more effective in healing than conventional medicine. Some of these claims deal with healing benefits of magnetism to include unique forms of water that have been generated by some specially designed magnetic treatment device. You can read things like colloidal groupings of water molecules to form small icebergs. This type of water is often called "liquid crystalline water", "structured water" or "micro-structured water". It is easy and cheap to produce this uniquely structured water because no external power source is needed. It can be generated with the simple use of powerful magnets. This type of water is supposed to improve ion exchange in cell membranes, improve vitamin and mineral absorption, result in better removal of toxic wastes, and have free radical scavenging and anti-oxidant action. This type of structured water contradicts the need for using structured water to enhance oxygen uptake by a cell. There are a number of companies pedaling special water magnetizing machines that are supposed to modify the structure of water or create a very active micro-structured water.

There is much promotional hype as to what the water produced by these machines can do. Water produced by some machines is supposed to have a hexagonal structure and "energy memory", which is advertised as being good for all living organisms. Special magnetic filters can supposedly produce water that is eight times as effective as most unstructured water in terms of health benefits. If you cannot afford a magnetizing machine, you can purchase a magnetic drinking mug or magnetic stirring rod that will do the trick.

Electrical energy can be used to produce magnetism and supposedly the magnetically clustered water mentioned in preceding paragraphs. Vendors are also peddling machines that use electrical energy applied through electrodes in what is like an electrolysis chamber to create active microclustered water. Some claims are that this surpasses all other structured waters. A similar process is used to create what is called ionized water or water separated into its acidic and alkaline components. The acidic component is promoted as being excellent for cleaning while the alkaline component is excellent for drinking.

One pseudoscientific health claim is that as the body ages it collects acidic waste products, a process called acidosis. An easy way to rid your body of all these acidic wastes is to drink pure ionic water. The key claim of ionized water or ionic water is the separation of water into acidic and alkaline components, both of which have special properties. Drinking the alkaline component is supposed to have all sorts of health benefits and is especially effective in washing awayn all the acidic wastes that accumulate with age. There are numerous companies selling this type of water and the machines to make it.

As if the concept of amazing clusters of water were not enough, there is an alternative view that ordinary water is too "clustered" and that the clusters are too large. This type of water is not beneficial for you because these large clusters impede the flow of water molecules into and out of individual cells. Water vendors promoting this scam say that ordinary water tends to behave like one giant cluster and "un-clustering" is the way to go to improve the hydrating capacity of water. Sound waves and electrolysis are some of the technologies that these "un-clustering" devices use to supposedly break up and reform water into much smaller, more beneficial clusters.

Once all the talk of clustered water has as settled, it is still a fact that water molecules are bi-polar and this causes what is commonly referred to as hydrogen bonding or an attraction between hydrogen atoms in water molecules to oxygen atoms in nearby water molecules. This does give water the ability to form short-lived polymers that are constantly changing. Their health benefits, if any, are not yet understood.

http://www.freedrinkingwater.com/water_health/health2/unusual-health-benefits-from-structured-forms-water.htm

sister sweets wrote:
If you check this site out you will see unfortunately this site is on to promote their business interests, IE: selling drinking water systems.
In the world of academia it is not considered a valid source (not juried, etc) of information.

Just letting you know.

Keliu wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
If you check this site out you will see unfortunately this site is on to promote their business interests, IE: selling drinking water systems.
In the world of academia it is not considered a valid source (not juried, etc) of information.

Just letting you know.

Fair comment - but in the world of academia, nothing that Jim says nor the information on his website is valid either.

At least the article does refer to factual information - the fact that they are using it to promote natural water instead of "miracle" water is irrelevant.

aprile wrote:
Keliu wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Just letting you know.

Fair comment - but in the world of academia, nothing that Jim says nor the information on his website is valid either.

At least the article does refer to factual information - the fact that they are using it to promote natural water instead of "miracle" water is irrelevant.

Good one Sis ... if I want to buy a Reverse Osmosis System, etc. it might be a good site to visit. However, I am always skeptical when self promoters discredit others. Btw, Keliu, Jim's information on his website is very credible. There are links to sources as well as credible doctors who have validated his work. I wouldn't exactly call the information on his site invalid. It's working for many of us... ~ Aprile

Keliu wrote:
There is not one credible shred of evidence on the entire AS website. This is a man who claims he has bottled Dark Energy.

If you want to read some credible evidence on Dark Matter, read the work of Stephen Hawking - he states that Dark Matter is everywhere in the atmosphere and has no effect on the human body whatsoever.

Keliu wrote:
I have already posted this link in the past - it will tell you everything there is to know about water and validates the information in the article I recently posted. However, you will find no validation of Jim's theories:
http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/water/molecule.html

Keliu wrote:
Well, I had a very interesting conversation today - on the radio!! Australia's answer to Prof Sumner Miller is a gentleman called Dr Karl Kruszelnicki. He regularly appears on TV and radio and is a very popular science "geek". You can read about him here:
http://www.abc.net.au/science/drkarl/

He was on the radio this afternoon asking listeners to phone up with questions. So I rang and asked him whether it was possible to alter the structure of water molecules and energise water. He told me (and all the other listeners, of course) that this has not been proven possible and that energised, structured or harmonised waters are a scam. In addition, there is no medical evidence that drinking energised water has any health benefits.

Toby wrote:
Is there anyone drinking structured water?

Keliu wrote:
Toby wrote:
Is there anyone drinking structured water?

Kassy gave it a try.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Some more informative, pertinent information:

Water Education
Do specially structured forms (clusters) of water give water unusual health benefits?

No, this is a drinking water scam. Water molecules do tend to form polymers in solution that are constantly changing, but there is no scientific evidence that water can be induced to form a particular polymer for an extended period of time nor that this particular polymer gives water special healing properties. Such views are usually advocated in the literature and web sites promoting the sale of products for the "alternative" health care market.

According to the promotions and hype by some water vendors, there are special forms of water to be found in nature if you know where to look. Supposedly, these specially clustered forms of water are different from ordinary water and have all sorts of healing power and medical benefits. Some are advertised as containing primordial water, a special form of ancient water that has retained a type of energy associated with the beginning of the universe and the source of life itself.

There are also claims of special polymer water being found in remote springs around the world. These treasured springs are usually from some high mountainous region, where the people drinking water from these sources, enjoy healthy lives to aripe old age. Like other medical mumbo-jumbo, this magical water will energize your body because it improves cell hydration with increased nutrient transport into cells and increased transport of toxics out of cells.

There are hundreds of water vendors offering a special form of water that is supposed to contain microclustered colloids. According to promotional schemes, these oxide-containing colloids have the ability to trap ions and particularly hydride ions (negative hydrogen ions) by altering local water structure around them. This hydride ion water is supposedly found only in special glacier waters in specific mountainous regions of the world. Its primary claim to fame is anti-aging benefits due to its activity as an antioxidant. There are other claims related to increased nutrient uptake by cells and elimination of free radicals.

The fact is that no one has found hydride ions to actually exist in water.

There are numerous claims about how alternative medical practices are more effective in healing than conventional medicine. Some of these claims deal with healing benefits of magnetism to include unique forms of water that have been generated by some specially designed magnetic treatment device. You can read things like colloidal groupings of water molecules to form small icebergs. This type of water is often called "liquid crystalline water", "structured water" or "micro-structured water". It is easy and cheap to produce this uniquely structured water because no external power source is needed. It can be generated with the simple use of powerful magnets. This type of water is supposed to improve ion exchange in cell membranes, improve vitamin and mineral absorption, result in better removal of toxic wastes, and have free radical scavenging and anti-oxidant action. This type of structured water contradicts the need for using structured water to enhance oxygen uptake by a cell. There are a number of companies pedaling special water magnetizing machines that are supposed to modify the structure of water or create a very active micro-structured water.

There is much promotional hype as to what the water produced by these machines can do. Water produced by some machines is supposed to have a hexagonal structure and "energy memory", which is advertised as being good for all living organisms. Special magnetic filters can supposedly produce water that is eight times as effective as most unstructured water in terms of health benefits. If you cannot afford a magnetizing machine, you can purchase a magnetic drinking mug or magnetic stirring rod that will do the trick.

Electrical energy can be used to produce magnetism and supposedly the magnetically clustered water mentioned in preceding paragraphs. Vendors are also peddling machines that use electrical energy applied through electrodes in what is like an electrolysis chamber to create active microclustered water. Some claims are that this surpasses all other structured waters. A similar process is used to create what is called ionized water or water separated into its acidic and alkaline components. The acidic component is promoted as being excellent for cleaning while the alkaline component is excellent for drinking.

One pseudoscientific health claim is that as the body ages it collects acidic waste products, a process called acidosis. An easy way to rid your body of all these acidic wastes is to drink pure ionic water. The key claim of ionized water or ionic water is the separation of water into acidic and alkaline components, both of which have special properties. Drinking the alkaline component is supposed to have all sorts of health benefits and is especially effective in washing awayn all the acidic wastes that accumulate with age. There are numerous companies selling this type of water and the machines to make it.

As if the concept of amazing clusters of water were not enough, there is an alternative view that ordinary water is too "clustered" and that the clusters are too large. This type of water is not beneficial for you because these large clusters impede the flow of water molecules into and out of individual cells. Water vendors promoting this scam say that ordinary water tends to behave like one giant cluster and "un-clustering" is the way to go to improve the hydrating capacity of water. Sound waves and electrolysis are some of the technologies that these "un-clustering" devices use to supposedly break up and reform water into much smaller, more beneficial clusters.

Once all the talk of clustered water has as settled, it is still a fact that water molecules are bi-polar and this causes what is commonly referred to as hydrogen bonding or an attraction between hydrogen atoms in water molecules to oxygen atoms in nearby water molecules. This does give water the ability to form short-lived polymers that are constantly changing. Their health benefits, if any, are not yet understood.
http://www.freedrinkingwater.com/water_health/health2/unusual-health-benefits-from-structured-forms-water.htm

For what it's worth, all the information in this article is correct, with two slight modifications:

(1) In the first paragraph, I'm not sure that the word polymer is the quite the right word, as polymers connote permanent bonds whereas the author is referring to transient bonds between water molecules...but it's enough for me to know what s/he means

(2) Acidosis....well, this term gets abused in the natural health community and often is misunderstood and used incorrectly. However, when scientists refer to acid-alkaline balance in the body they usually are referring to what is called Potential Renal Acid Load (PRAL). PRAL may or may not affect bone health (e.g., http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21715531, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21289203, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20005315). However, alkaline water has not been unequivocably shown to produce results to back up the claims used in marketing the products.

Also, I will add, the work of Masaru Emoto has not been confirmed by another other scientists.

Otherwise, as a PhD scientist myself, I agree with this article quoted by Keliu and the fact that Jim's "science" doesn't hold water....even though some of the ingredients in Ageless Secret are great.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:55 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
Also, I will add, the work of Masaru Emoto has not been confirmed by another other scientists.

Otherwise, as a PhD scientist myself, I agree with this article quoted by Keliu and the fact that Jim's "science" doesn't hold water....even though some of the ingredients in Ageless Secret are great.

Cm5597 - thanks for your knowledgeable input. I should have also mentioned that when I spoke to Dr. Karl on the radio he stated that he had read Masaru Emoto's book and that none of his work was recognised by the scientific community.

Also, in regard to the good ingredients that are in ASG - according to the seller of the product, they are there in such minuscule amounts that they are undetectable when the product is analysed. Cm5597 - it would be fantastic if you could analyse this product and tell us your findings.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |