Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Facial Exercise: Share the Process and Results
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I think you'll be very pleased with the Natural Radiance products, Sister. Everyone I've turned them onto have been very happy with the products and service.

I've been doing facial exercises about 15 years...I wasn't super consistent the first 10 years but have been faithful the past 5 years. I do more resistance on the CFF exercises, especially the cheek ones, then what she shows on the DVD...I guess I take this from FE. I think the most important thing with facial exercises is to be consistent...I've been doing them so long now, it's just another thing to do like brushing my teeth.

You'll love the bed of pins if you order it...it's very well made and something that will last years.

I'll be really curious as to your results if you use the estriol and natural progesterone cream on your face/throat...I saw/felt a difference in hydration within a few weeks. One very positive thing I've noticed is that dratted facial fuzz has greatly decreased. I had read that it could take 5-6 months to see any improvement in that area, so I'm pleased to see the growth diminishing in only 3 months...so perhaps in a couple more months it won't even be an issue. I use a facial hair remover cream so I can track my intervals getting longer.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I was inspired to use my dpl panel last night. It's kind of neat - just lay down and put the whole thing over your face Laughing It is especially nice with hands and chest.

For the last several months I was doing less full facial exercises; maybe hitting it 2-3 X per week.. (actually I always do some simple ones everyday but in terms of a fall face I really cut back). Lately I've kicked it back up to almost everyday and am using in conjunction with the Far infrared mineral lamp -I spray Ageless secret gold or diamond between exercises and do in front of the lamp. The lamp helps with product penetration and also seems to amplify exercise results - the plumping, lifting effect.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I am also the opposite to Jen, and haven't been doing it as long as her, but its coming up to my 11 year mark but I also started out quite late (but interestingly enough I have done the programs she mentioned and started out with Facial Magic or Eva Fraser - I forget which one it was, but the other wasn't far behind it).

I also have Rose's and had it before Gary came out with Happy Face Yoga, and used to feel that she was getting a hard deal (Rose) because its never credited as her stuff, which it is in essence (and you'll see when Gary popped on here I did ask him that and he said so).

I think there isn't one complete program out there for anyone, as we all have different faces and rightly so.
sister sweets wrote:
Thanks Jen for all of your helpful information. How long have you been doing facial exercises? By the way it reads you use only Carolyn's and don't pick and choose from other programs? I am so the opposite! There are some exercises from every program that are favorites plus I tend to alternate programs as the core! My favorite right now is Rose Tran's Facial Yoga - I can FEEL IT! and that hasn't happened in a while.
I try to hit all facial areas. Most of the programs have very similar eye exercises as you say - I've noticed each seems to have their specific claim to fame.

Loving that Rolling bed of pins - I keep looking at it. Laughing
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
For me, rotating the programs seems to decrease any issues with overbulding or overdoing anything plus it keeps my attention to detail on target when I change things up from time to time.

I think my muscles are happier and more responsive when I change the approach. Just like with body exercises. The body gets "used" to the same old things and will respond better when challenged by a new exercise. It's a kick start.

I can really feel my face working hard with Rose's program and I like it Very Happy .

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:19 am      Reply with quote
I was looking at the Rose Tran YFT program. I just love checking out new programs. But, I'm always hesitant to purchase another one because so many programs mimic each other. I looked at her sample exercises on her website. A few of them are similar to Carole Maggio's exercises. I was going to purchase Carolyn's Facial Fitness until someone on this forum basically said it was similar to Flex Effect. I did try a few of the exercises on Rose Tran's website. sister sweets is right, you can really feel them! I like that.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:53 am      Reply with quote
I do have Rose's and I like it, she also includes a massage type thing of accupressure which is nice and other tips about making food snacks etc. I think she has borrowed from some things but they all seem to do that.
packratmack wrote:
I was looking at the Rose Tran YFT program. I just love checking out new programs. But, I'm always hesitant to purchase another one because so many programs mimic each other. I looked at her sample exercises on her website. A few of them are similar to Carole Maggio's exercises. I was going to purchase Carolyn's Facial Fitness until someone on this forum basically said it was similar to Flex Effect. I did try a few of the exercises on Rose Tran's website. sister sweets is right, you can really feel them! I like that.
TheresaCats
5% products discount

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:11 am      Reply with quote
I've written about this in another thread but I just wanted to voice an opinion that I don't believe facial exer should be done by anyone who is under 40. I did them to ward off aging signs and instead feel like I've aged terribly as a result. My eye area appearance has completely changed and it looks terrible.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:42 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:

packratmack - I know what you mean - How many FE programs does one need really? I do find Rose's a little more unique - hitting different muscles but I'm sort of a facial exercise connoisseur Laughing

I agree with TheresaMary - they do all seem to copy each other to a degree. How many times can one invent the wheel.
I have several programs - not as many as TM but I have felt that Rose's was more unique - to me that others. Although... I have gotten something out of every program I've tried; always find exercises that "speak" to me and my needs personally.

5% products discount

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've been doing FlexEffect for about 10 months now.
My lower face is stronger, jowls little less noticable,skin much thicker due to massage.
I had a 1 from 11's between eyebrows which is much deeper now and I got 2 new horizontal lines between the eyebrows now. As I look in the mirror this really looks bad. The skin seems looser between the brows too.
I have the impression that my eyebrows or sagging more and the skin beneath my outer eyebrows is puffy with wrinkles (crepey like) which I didn't have a year ago. I've been thinking what I am doing wrong and I think I have overbuilt the glabella, corrugators. I am a real frowner, esp. at night.
Are there other people who have the same experience and can someone give me some good advice please.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
HI - I am primarily doing Rose Tran's Facial Yoga now for facial exercise with a few other favorites (mostly for cheeks and eyes) thrown in I love many of the Flex Effect and Facercise exercises for cheeks and lips. I never did the forehead exercises of flex effect. (or anyone). I think some of the eye lift exercises work the forehead and my favorite forehead workout is massage! I highly recommend this.
My facial exercise focus has been eyes, cheeks and lower face. You may want to try forehead exercises from another program but certainly stop all forehead exercises completely until you get things cleared up in the forehead area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Rudmon that’s great re your lower face, but there sounds like something funny going on with the brows. I really recommend you to get some frownies. I used to frown during my sleep and so used to wake up with deep elevens and they really helped me to unlearn that. Not sure re the looser skin bit, but it does sound strange. You should go to the forum and get the trainers to help you out. The only thing that it might be is if your doing the cross stretching. Initially I was doing it daily, and that’s not recommended (it is in the book – but in the beginning I was using just the dvd).

rudmon wrote:
I've been doing FlexEffect for about 10 months now.
My lower face is stronger, jowls little less noticable,skin much thicker due to massage.
I had a 1 from 11's between eyebrows which is much deeper now and I got 2 new horizontal lines between the eyebrows now. As I look in the mirror this really looks bad. The skin seems looser between the brows too.
I have the impression that my eyebrows or sagging more and the skin beneath my outer eyebrows is puffy with wrinkles (crepey like) which I didn't have a year ago. I've been thinking what I am doing wrong and I think I have overbuilt the glabella, corrugators. I am a real frowner, esp. at night.
Are there other people who have the same experience and can someone give me some good advice please.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Rudmon,

I just want to echo TheresaMary that your best bet is to go to a FlexEffect trainer to get things diagnosed so you can figure out whether it's a technique issue, an overbuilding issue, or something else. Best wishes Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have done FlexEffect consistently from 2002. I will be 53 in February. FE plus DIY skin care products, facial rejuvination tools, healthy eating, exercise, rest, and a good mental attitude work together to maintain good quality facial structure and skin.

These photos were taken today:

Yes, when I smile I have crow's feet! Working on those with retin-a, FE, and dermarolling. This is about one hour after an FE session and accidental 10 hours sleep which made me a little puffy but I must have needed the sleep.

The photo below is of me in my 30's, sorry I'll have to verify the precise age, I forgot!

Bottom line, I will do facial exercises for as long as I am able.

xo

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
You look very pretty and natural!! And you look very young for your age Smile Congrats, it's definitely paying off Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you CM5597! A little bit of discipline and consistency over time pays off in the long run!

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
rudmon
5% products discount

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Thank you all for your replies! I posted a reply this morning, but now when I checked I see it isn’t there.
What could have happened?
All over again then!
My special thanks to you Hydrogeogirl, your photos give me the courage to get back on track! Time stood still with you!
You look fantastic. High eyebrows, open eyes, firm cheeks and jaw line, you have it all.
NO lip lines, FULL lips: what did you do?
I wonder why you started FE in the first place. Did you have some problems? How was your first year. I‘m really impressed.
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi rudmon,

Thank you so much for your encouraging words! It feels great to receive acknowledgment for my skin care efforts.

I began FE when my lower eyelids were puffy and getting saggy. After memorizing the exercises, it took me 1/2 hour per day and I did them 6 days a week consistently for about 5-7 years. I can't remember exactly. Then I did them 3 times a week and I continue with that most of the time, once or twice a week at a minimum. Because of the increased circulation from doing the exercises, my skin looks great after exercising.

After about six months I could feel my lower chin strengthen. Otherwise, I could not feel any of my facial muscles working for about the first year. I did them anyways and with time, one by one different muscles strengthened until after many years, my entire face feels strong and will feel sore the next day.

Each year, a new area got better. That kept me going. I figured that, if with time different areas showed improvement, I should just keep it up. Once your facial muscles have atrophied, you need to do the exercises consistently until you can finally feel the muscles when they contract and with time feel them build.

I do other facial stuff, but facial exercise is certainly a foundation for me. I do them very strong and sometimes get small bruises that disappear by the next day. Although, the stronger your skin gets the less this can happen. Also, I have very strong lines on my face immediately after doing the exercises, however these go away within minutes of completing my routine. I don't worry about them. As you can see, my muscles are strong on my chin and I do not have lines from my mouth to my chin. This is all from exercise. My lip muscles are strong with minimal lines due to exercise and dermarolling that thickens my skin.

Keep at it! This is a long term process. Your overall health impacts your skin as well. Exercise, eat well, rest etc.

I am not recommending that anyone follow my routine. I am only sharing my routine in support of my photos.

xo HGG

Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:

Packratmack, there aren't that many ways to exercise the muscles of the face so of course you will find similar exercises in different programs. It isn't individual exercises that make a program but the combo of exercises and the technique behind them.

I did FE for four months and had the worst results from a face exercise program I ever had. I'm in my in my 6th year of doing CFF and I've had nothing but wonderful results, including fixing the horrors I got from doing FE. Others may have the opposite story, but that just goes to show no program is like any other no matter what people say, otherwise we'd all have the same results. Clearly that's not the case.
havana8

Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Whatever the case may be, unpleasant exchanges like the one we just removed are truly not appreciated here. If you wish to participate further, then please ensure your posts are directly on topic without any sarcasm, inflammatory language or reference to personal differences or they too will be removed irrespective of any useful content they may have.

Please do not post any comments to the moderation itself. Thank you.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
All,

I am one of the people who get positive results of doing facial exercise (to be specific FlexEffect) & would like to share my success story with you.

I joined EDS was to get advice of how to smooth, flatten & if possible eliminate the
bulge of my face (nasoyugal groove) which looked like the one of Kay of FlexEffect.

You may see my concern from my post in 2009.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:18 am
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=488469&highlight=#488469

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=441775&highlight=#441775

I firstly purchased Ageless and did the exercises for few months but did not see any improvement.

Later on, I purchased the latest FlexEffect in 2010 but did not do it religiously - sometimes 5 days a week and sometimes once a week.

After a couple of months of doing FlexEffect in such halfhearted manner, I had even stopped doing it completely.

Not until July 2011 did I re-take FlexEffect.

Also I followed the advice of the FE trainers that I pm them in the FE forum.

After 8 months of doing exercise 12 to 16 three to five days a week, I find that the bulge - nasoyugal groove has flattened a lot; much smooth and flattened than the "after" Kay.

Before doing FE, I could even feel the bulge by touching my face. Now I did not feel it.

Before doing FE, I could see it in the mirror of my bathroom. Now, I can only see it from the reflection of dark glass.

However, it does not mean that the bulge has been eliminated completely; as I said, I can still see it from the reflection of dark glass.

After all, I am happy the result - fuller cheek!!!

Here are my tips of doing FE.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:51 am
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6438271&highlight=isolate#6438271
rudmon
5% products discount

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Summer,
it's always encouraging to hear positive results and stimulating to go on with facial exercise.
Bye
CS23
5% products discount

Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

My facial exercise focus has been eyes, cheeks and lower face. You may want to try forehead exercises from another program but certainly stop all forehead exercises completely until you get things cleared up in the forehead area.

Hi SisterSweets,

Which program did you use to build your cheek muscles? I would love to get the same results you had. I would very much like to build my upper cheek muscles and make them more prominent
foxescaz

Sat May 19, 2012 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaCats wrote:
I've written about this in another thread but I just wanted to voice an opinion that I don't believe facial exer should be done by anyone who is under 40. I did them to ward off aging signs and instead feel like I've aged terribly as a result. My eye area appearance has completely changed and it looks terrible.

I started doing facial exercise two months ago and I now have crows feet when before I had none at all, my under eye hollows are at least twice as deep, and nasolabial folds twice as long. It's unfortunate, because I like what it's doing for my jawline. I hope that my face returns to normal eventually.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2012 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
foxescaz wrote:
TheresaCats wrote:

I started doing facial exercise two months ago and I now have crows feet when before I had none at all, my under eye hollows are at least twice as deep, and nasolabial folds twice as long. It's unfortunate, because I like what it's doing for my jawline. I hope that my face returns to normal eventually.

Which program are you using?
puddlelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hello - I hope I'm in the right place! I've been doing FE and Ageless for a year or so now - I was getting overbuild in the NL area so switch around a little.
Does anyone have any advice about dealing with neck cords? I don't have a double chin, but I have two grooves from the back of my chin to my neck (I think they're known as neck cords)
The other thing I would like to ask is, does anyone have any suggestions for lifting at the temple area, in front of the ears, I can't seem to get to that area with any exercise I've tried. I even wondered about adding a tua or somesuch into the mix as this area seems to be key, if that would help?
Thanks for your advice!

Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |