Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Updated Post-Rolling Serums
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:19 am      Reply with quote
It's been a few years since I developed my first recipe/regimen, so I decided it was time for an update:

Dr. Fernandes updated his original (2005) white paper on PCI in 2008, so it made sense to me...

After deep rolls, I plan to apply a blend of the following in approximately equal amounts, using red palm oil as a base (I realize there may be some sustainability issues with this oil, so I may end up using another carrier in the future):

At the risk of being obvious, this is an oil based serum:

In a base of red palm oil:

D-Alpha Tocopherol
THDCA (oil based C)
Retinyl Palmitate or Acetate
Beta Carotene and/or Lycopene oils

I will sport this on my face for the first day after a roll (when I am home).

Dr. Fernandes also discusses using a short needled roller after a deep roll (once the channels have closed) for penetration of other actives following a deep roll, so I plan to
add pentapeptides to the Garden of Wisdom base gel (water soluble) and use that serum, following a deep roll as well.

After a couple days of this regimen, I'll go back to my usual routine.

Also, considering adding an extracellular matrix powder to one of these mixes, hopefully once I learn more or hear back from Josee. (She used Matri-Stem)

If anyone thinks I am missing an ingredient or anything looks out of place, feel free to chime in.

Thanks, BFG

Once I have all ingredients safely tucked away on my fridge shelf, this is really easy to use.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:26 am      Reply with quote
You are one of our Rolling experts so I hesitate to add, but have you considered adding D3 which is oil soluble into your mix?

Just a thought..... Question

ETA:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/02/070208230136.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I admit this is the first I've seen of skin benefits for Vitamin D.

This article doesn't say whether oral or topical Vitamin D was used in the study, but mentions future clinical trials using both oral and topical.

It's from 2007...if we have anything more recent we can find, that might be informative.

Thanks, BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Most all medical, but seems to be good for the skin?

Psoriasis (vitamin D analogs)
A number of different approaches are used in the treatment of psoriasis skin plaques. Mild approaches include light therapy, stress reduction, moisturizers, or salicylic acid to remove scaly skin areas. For more severe cases, treatments may include UVA light, psoralen plus UVA light (PUVA), retinoids such as isotretinoin (Accutane), corticosteroids, or cyclosporine (Neoral®, Sandimmune®). The synthetic vitamin D3 analog calcipotriene (Dovonex®) appears to control skin cell growth and is used for moderately severe skin plaques, particularly for skin lesions resistant to other therapies or those located on the face. Vitamin D3 (tacalcitol) ointment has been reported as being safe and well tolerated. High doses of becocalcidiol (a vitamin D analog) used on the skin may be beneficial in the treatment of psoriasis.

Senile warts
In early research, senile warts have been treated with topical vitamin D3.

Skin conditions
Calcipotriol (Dovonex®) is a synthetic vitamin D3 analog with a high affinity for the vitamin D receptor for the active form of 1,24-hydroxyvitamin D3. It is widely used for the treatment of plaque psoriasis. Calcipotriol may also be effective for skin conditions other than psoriasis.

Skin pigmentation disorders (pigmented lesions)
Application of vitamin D3 ointment on the skin, in combination with intense pulsed-radio frequency, may be beneficial in the treatment of pigmented lesions associated with neurofibromatosis 1 (NF1).

http://naturalmedicinejournal.com/article_content.asp?edition=1&section=2&article=221

The Latest Research on Vitamin D

8/2/2011

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |