Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

stretchmarks- Strivectin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Has anybody tried strivectin? Is it as amazing as they claim? I have growth stretchmarks on my thighs which I want rid of!! Their not terrible, but they are there, think I'd feel a lot sexier with out them. If this product works, then it's worth every penny. If it doesn't, I can't really afford it at mo!
Any info would be much appreciated. Also, if it does work, how long does it take? Got a hol coming up soon!
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Sorry can't tell you how it works on stretchmarks, but as a wrinkle reducer, it did NOTHING for me. I used it for 6 months on my "11s" and my forehead lines and saw NO improvment whatsoever.

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have also been in search of a product that takes away my stretchmarks but have not found anything yet. I"ve tried various creams, cocoa butter, Vit E serums etc. and also wondered bout Stri-Vectin however i doubt that it will be a miricle cream. My doctor told me not to waste money on creams for stretch marks, but to prevent new ones from forming make sure you drink lots of water and use body moisturizer. Also laser may help to reduce stretch marks but they are costly.

Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
It didn't work for me either, but I switched to a combo of Decleor Aromessence Tonilastil Firming Aromatic Body Concentrate and Decleor Tonilastil Cream and my stretchmarks have improved. Your dr.'s right... it's all about moisturizing.
fierce
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
although i do believe moisturizing is one of the things you should do in preventing stretch marks. I have to say that although i drank lots of water and moisturized several times a day while pregnant. I still ended up with some stretch marks. I think it has to do alot with how much elastin is in your skin.

Try not to look for a miracle in a bottle that will cure your skin. you wont find one.

I will tell you what i do use for taking the redness out of them. i use a product called scarzone. it has worked great so far. my boyfriend was the one whom said he noticed they were alot lighter. I also use Biotherm's Biovergertures, i have been using it even before the scarzone and really it smells great but I am not sure if it works. Never noticed anything from that product alone. Biothem claims it rebuilds the skin.... so only time will tell i guess..... oh scarzone is cheap. 10 bucks a bottle. 10 bucks is worth trying for 3 months.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I also used biotherm and didnt notice any difference on my stretchmarks. Sad I've never been pregnant yet and still have stretch marks. I've never been obese or even chubby before, i weigh 110 at 5'4 and have stretchmarks on my breasts, inner thighs and butt. Oh how i hate stretchmarks

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl, preenie,

I am not sure of you ages. My friend ashley, when she went through puberty she ended up with stretch marks or her breasts, outer thighs, stomach. At first it was very painful to her, boys made fun of her breasts if they saw the marks saying someone beat her up or scratched her (kids are mean in school. That is something that will never change)

Ashley is now 22. She went to show me these marks over last summer because i was sad over getting some on my tummy (i have them on my butt and out thigh near the butt, and breasts as well but i am not worried about those)from being pregnant and I couldnt see them, only up eye level with the skin could i even notice it was a tiny bit lighter. So i dont want you to feel like this is the end of the world. Its not. BCgirl go to costco if you have a membership and get some scarzone to help take the red out a little faster. preenie, costco is the only place i know to get it so if there is one where you are, i would at least try it.

Here's the thing, the stretch marks on my breast have been there for almost a year now and you cant see them anymore. only if you are like standing in front of them a few inches away. You might see them. so i say who cares if they are on your bum, no one sees your bum but you. The others will lighten up i promise.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard a few positive things about using Strivectin for stretch marks.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:32 am      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
I've heard a lot of good things about Strivectin for stretch marks.

where did you hear these things, Veronica.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Catski,

I heard them on other forums. Not everyone, however, got good results.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |