Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
DIY Haircare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
tindra1816
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Shampoo

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 egg
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

Instructions:
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until well combined. Use like regular shampoo.
tindra1816
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Conditioner

Ingredients:
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
3/4 cup lukewarm water

Instructions:
Beat the egg yolk until it's thick and white. Add the oil and mix well. Then add the water into the egg mixture and mix well. Massage into clean, damp hair. Rinse with plenty of warm water after about 10 minutes.
tindra1816
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Hair Spray

Ingredients:
1 or 2 citrus fruits (lemon or orange)
2 cups water

Instructions:
Chop 1 lemon (or orange for dry hair). Place in a pot and cover with 2 cups of hot water. Boil until only half remains. Cool and strain. Add more water if needed. Refrigerate in a spray bottle.
tindra1816
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:31 am      Reply with quote
A Thickening Mask for Massive Volume

1 ripe banana
1 egg
1/2 cup flat beer
1 tablespoon of honey

Mash your banana, creating a thick consistency
Mix in one egg and blend until smooth (hand mixer could be helpful...).
Add 1/2 cup of flat beer, then a tablespoon of honey and blend.
Apply to scalp, roots and all the way to your ends.
Let your mask sit for a few hours, and then shampoo out.

(Why beer? Well, beer has properties that help to thicken the hair, giving the appearance of fullness and volume. It also contains proteins that provide shine and strength.)
tindra1816
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Citrus-Lavender Hair Spray (maximum hold)

1 orange or lemon
2 cups water
1/4 cup rubbing alcohol or clear grain alcohol (vodka, gin, etc.) (UPDATE: We no longer recommend using rubbing alcohol, as it is drying on hair/scalp, and has been linked to some negative health effects.)
6-8 drops of lavender essential oil

Cut a whole orange or lemon into wedges and combine with 2 cups water in a small pot. Boil over medium high heat and reduce liquid by half

Strain liquid through cheesecloth into a measuring cup. If you boiled too much liquid out add water until you have 1 cup. Allow citrus juice to cool.

Add alcohol and essential oils to the cup of citrus juice. (Feel free to experiment with your favorite essential oil or leave them out altogether.)

Use a funnel to pour into a spray bottle (at least 10 oz.). Shake gently before each use.
tindra1816
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Honey-Avocado Invigorating and Revitalizing Hair Treatment

(Makes 1 application)

1 medium avocado — peeled and stoned
2 tablespoons honey

Mash together the ingredients in a small bowl. Massage into hair.
Leave for 20-30 minutes.
Wash hair as usual.
tindra1816
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Dry Scalp treatment

Ingredients

1/2 cucumber
1/2 avocado
1/3 cup sour cream
Large cube of eggplant

Blend the cucumber, avocado and sour cream together in a blender and scoop onto scalp. Massage the mask into your hair and scalp with the eggplant cube. Then cover your hair with a shower cap or seran wrap for a half an hour, finishing with a rinse that will leave your hair follicles moisturized and scalp soothed. If you can make it a cool rinse, all the better for a shiny result.
tindra1816
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:18 am      Reply with quote
Brittle / Damaged Hair Treatment

Ingredients:

1 packet Knox Gelatine (unflavored), melted in 1/2 cup hot water
3 egg yolks
4 tablespoons grape seed oil or olive oil
3 capsules primrose oil

For a less oily feel, grape seed oil. Mix all ingredients together, puncturing the primrose capsule to use the oil only, and discard of the rest of the capsule. Saturate hair and scalp with the mixture, and cover with a shower cap or seran wrap. Leave on for 45 to 60 minutes for an indulgently deep treatment that can be further intensified by running a hair dryer over your wrapped head.

(It's great if you can take a hot bath while this is on your hair, as the heat will open up the pores of your scalp and penetrate the mixture into the root of the hair shaft)
tindra1816
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Oily Hair and Scalp Spray

Ingredients

3 cups water
2 tablespoons dry chamomile flowers or 4 chamomile tea bags
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon fine sea salt

Boil the water and pour it in a non-metal container. Place tea bags in the water and cover well. Let stand for five to six minutes. Strain the liquid and add the vinegar and sea salt. Pour in a spray bottle. Then spritz as often as necessary to saturate your hair from roots to ends. It's ideal to air dry your hair if possible, but you'll still see results if you blowdry too.
vienna_h
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for these recipes, I think I will be trying some of them. But I don't like the idea of using raw eggs... Confused maybe I'm overly paranoid but I think I'll skip the eggs.

After years of wasting money on expensive hair products, I finally tried good ol apple cider vinegar and grape seed oil in my hair - wow, what a difference! This stuff works so much better than anything you can buy,including expensive salon brands! Can't believe how soft and shiney my hair is, no more frizz! Very Happy
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:51 am      Reply with quote
I don't like eggs on my hair too but love it on my face Smile

vienna_h, what is the ratio of apple cider vinegar with the grape seed oil? I have apple cider vinegar in my kitchen... I would like to try your suggestion.

I've tried lemon juice on my hair before and it was silky and very light...
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Careful with lemon juice and olive oil if you color treat your hair, the chemicals do not play nice and can cause fading. I use olive oil when I've gone too dark and need to lighten up without stripping, and lemon juice can cause brassiness.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
tindra1816 wrote:
Citrus-Lavender Hair Spray (maximum hold)

1 orange or lemon
2 cups water
1/4 cup rubbing alcohol or clear grain alcohol (vodka, gin, etc.) (UPDATE: We no longer recommend using rubbing alcohol, as it is drying on hair/scalp, and has been linked to some negative health effects.)
6-8 drops of lavender essential oil

Cut a whole orange or lemon into wedges and combine with 2 cups water in a small pot. Boil over medium high heat and reduce liquid by half

Strain liquid through cheesecloth into a measuring cup. If you boiled too much liquid out add water until you have 1 cup. Allow citrus juice to cool.

Add alcohol and essential oils to the cup of citrus juice. (Feel free to experiment with your favorite essential oil or leave them out altogether.)

Use a funnel to pour into a spray bottle (at least 10 oz.). Shake gently before each use.

This one sounds interesting. If you left out the essential oils and used vodka, you'd have a screwdriver! LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Ava with wings Smile I use lemon juice once in a blue moon when I feel like it. However, I don't color my hair at all but uses Natural Henna as an alternative to add "highlights".. I am blessed with black hair and still do.. I use different types of natural oils such as almond oil and Moroccan argan oil on a daily basis as a live-in conditioner at night (I massage oil on my hair scalp and put some on ends of hair) and wash it next day "lightly". Though I wash every single day, my hair is not dry nor has split ends... and my hair is healthy and shiny...

Ava with wings wrote:
Careful with lemon juice and olive oil if you color treat your hair, the chemicals do not play nice and can cause fading. I use olive oil when I've gone too dark and need to lighten up without stripping, and lemon juice can cause brassiness.
auburneyz
5% products discount

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies, I would love to have an oil treatment similar to V05, but 1) cheaper to make, 2)scent myself 3) possibly easier to rinse out, as my hair is oily. Anyone have any recipes that is a partial oil/mix? Thank you in advance!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
auburneyz wrote:
Hello Ladies, I would love to have an oil treatment similar to V05, but 1) cheaper to make, 2)scent myself 3) possibly easier to rinse out, as my hair is oily. Anyone have any recipes that is a partial oil/mix? Thank you in advance!

You could make a hair ocm. I make a really crude one every week or so with coconut oil, olive oil, and sometimes sal acid and/or any oils I need to get rid of. Then I melt it all down with some good old fashioned e-wax to give it consistency. (I stopped measuring and weighing because it took too long. Now I just eye ball it. I use 15-20% e-wax, though.)Mix like hell and put it the fridge for about an hour. Then just brush on and rinse or wash out in the shower.

I know there aren't any appropriate conditioning agents in this recipe, but you could tweak it to include whatever you wanted in that regard.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
auburneyz wrote:

Coconut oil as a pre-treatment is mentioned on other forums (makeup alley - hair board). I did try it. I put the oil on from the eyes down and left for at least ten minutes; then shampooed. Works better than the V05 and is much cheaper.

I bought my oil in the grocery store.

5% products discount

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies, I will have to buy some coconut oil, that is one I have not added yet. I appreciate the tips!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:

Hi Ava,
Is this true with all oils? I color treat my hair (dark brown) and apply oil regularly (daily for hair dressing and weekly as a treatment).

thanks

5% products discount

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Ava with wings wrote:

Hi Ava,
Is this true with all oils? I color treat my hair (dark brown) and apply oil regularly (daily for hair dressing and weekly as a treatment).

thanks

I color treat my hair as well....

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Not the case with all oils-coconut, avocado, argan does not seem to strip the color out like olive oil. It took me a while before I realized what was going on. I color my white hair very dark if anyone is wondering.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |