Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Life Without Gallstones
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
mastergavi

Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:01 am      Reply with quote
A lot of people have gallbladder removed every year and this is the only way for us. Apparently , this procedure is only 60% accurate. I mean 6 out of 10 patience will have the desired results.

One of the side effects of gallbladder removal can be the dumping of bile which is now not as easily regulated and can send someone running to the bathroom immediately after eating. Not to mention abdominal pain, nausea, gas, bloating, and diarrhea are common following after that.

Not everyone knows about this yet, there is a surgery that would only include removing the gallstone from the gallbladder. Thus, after this surgery, everything is cured including zero pain and other of those symptoms.
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Yes , I am one of the victims of this surgery:(
I had it done 6 years ago and since then my digestive system is a mess and no one can figure out what is going on. All the tests are ok and still I can't eat properly and I live in pain and discomfort So please if you think to remove your gallbladder , think twice
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I guess my story is a little different. My gallbladder became infected in July, which I didn't know, I thought I had the flu. By the time they diagnosed what was wrong with me, the infection had spread into my blood and turned into Septic Shock with extremely low platelets. I almost died on the operating table and when I woke up 2 days later, I had a drainage tube in my gallbladder, sticking out of my abdomen. I had to have the tube in for 6 weeks before they could remove my gallbladder. I had no gallstones, but the doctor said that if I would have had any, that they would have to be removed before they could take out my gallbladder. I have had no health issues since I had it removed. Before all this happened I had no issues with my gallbladder and I really don't notice anything different now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
I guess my story is a little different. My gallbladder became infected in July, which I didn't know, I thought I had the flu. By the time they diagnosed what was wrong with me, the infection had spread into my blood and turned into Septic Shock with extremely low platelets. I almost died on the operating table and when I woke up 2 days later, I had a drainage tube in my gallbladder, sticking out of my abdomen. I had to have the tube in for 6 weeks before they could remove my gallbladder. I had no gallstones, but the doctor said that if I would have had any, that they would have to be removed before they could take out my gallbladder. I have had no health issues since I had it removed. Before all this happened I had no issues with my gallbladder and I really don't notice anything different now.

Gosh doodles I am sure that was quite a scare. I am glad that you are ok.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Cookie Very Happy

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I am so sorry you had such a hard time. I had mine out in Nov. And I haven't had any problems. Sometimes I don't have bowel movements for a couple of days but other than that I am good. And I have lost 45 pounds.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:13 am      Reply with quote
talyta wrote:
Yes , I am one of the victims of this surgery:(
I had it done 6 years ago and since then my digestive system is a mess and no one can figure out what is going on. All the tests are ok and still I can't eat properly and I live in pain and discomfort So please if you think to remove your gallbladder , think twice

Talyta - here's my experience; I hope it helps you and anyone else with this problem. (I apologize in advance for the length.)

In early 2012 I had my gallbladder removed because of gallstones. Shortly thereafter, I developed "Post-Cholecystectomy Syndrome," evidenced by sporadic severe biliary pain after eating. I am not a doctor, so I cannot give medical advice. However, I can talk about what has worked for me, with the proviso that you should always check with your physician before trying it.

Step 1: I created a chart of trigger foods to avoid while I figured out how to handle the food-triggered pain. The chart identifies trigger foods (e.g. coffee, tea, chocolate, nuts, etc.) and the time that elapses between food consumption and the pain attack. Generally, the pain comes within an hour of consuming the food. After that, I can relax. Wink

Step 2: In my case, the pain appears to be caused by a buildup of bile in the common bile duct, when the sphincter of Oddi is not functioning properly to allow passage of bile from the common bile duct to the duodenum. I manage the pain by drinking an Epsom salt solution of 1/2 cup water + 1/4 tsp Epsom salts. This relaxes the sphincter of Oddi and resolves the pain within about 4 minutes; if the pain has not subsided within 8 minutes, I take another dose. (The second dose has only been required a few times.) The magnesium in the Epsom salts acts directly to relax the sphincter as a calcium channel-blocker; the magnesium sulfate also causes an increase in cholecystokinin, the hormone that triggers relaxation of the sphincter.

Note: Epsom salts are FDA-approved to take orally as a laxative at a much higher dose than I take. Nevertheless, an overdose can be toxic and the body can habituate to their use, so I use them cautiously.

Step 3: How to naturally increase cholecystokinin levels, so as to allow the sphincter of Oddi to relax in a normal way? There are at least two foods/supplements scientifically found to have this effect: Korean pine nuts (only Korean, not Italian), and beans (the kind that can be dried, as in navy, kidney, garbanzo, etc.)

The beans can be eaten as part of a meal, in which case I avoid gas problems by cooking them myself (long, slow cooking with multiple water changes) or by taking an enzyme with them, like Beano or Bean-Aid. Beans can also be taken as a white bean extract; I am currently experimenting with the effects of Puritan's Pride Konjac root + white kidney bean extract.

The Korean pine nut oil can be taken in pill form; I use Life Extension's Natural Appetite Control, from Amazon. Cholecystokinin also triggers satiety if the pills are taken an hour before eating. However, since I'm looking for the relax-the-sphincter-of-Oddi effect, I take them 30 minutes before consuming a trigger food (such as coffee) and this works well for me. (Note: this contains an omega-6 fatty acid, so I take omega-3 supplements to counteract any inflammatory effect.)

I've also read that whey protein can stimulate CCK (cholecystokinin) production, but I haven't tried it.

I have had great results from this approach, and am able to eat and drink virtually anything without problems, although I'm still careful. The few attacks I've had in the past months have been very mild and easily resolved with the Epsom salt drink. I have run this regimen past an internist and an anesthesiologist, without objection from either. I hope you can find some information to help you, as this condition can have a truly terrible effect on quality of life. Good luck!

P.S. Some studies you might find helpful: The effect of magnesium sulfate on the Sphincter of Oddi
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02997291

Beans increase CCK plasma levels (in men) http://jn.nutrition.org/content/131/5/1485.long

The effect of Korean pine nut oil on in vitro CCK release http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2322999/

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |