Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What to buy in USA? From Europe, on my way to NY in a month.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy So, I'm wondering what products would you recommend to purchase while in New York. I live in Europe so wondering if there are marvellous products not on sale over the net that I could buy. By the way there are many products on the review products forum that I have never heard of and are not sold where I live, so I'd be grateful for any advices, whether creams, makeup or whatever!
TIA, A.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Nothing? Laughing
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:51 am      Reply with quote
If I was going over to the states I'd buy the pico toner from neurotris and bring it back with me to Europe, and save myself a ton of shipping and tax.
rudmon
5% products discount

Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:47 am      Reply with quote
I was thinking the same, Catski
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:19 am      Reply with quote
If I was in NY I would go to Pratima spa - for the experience and products. She does have a website, but shipping is high and I'd would like to try out some of her products before I buy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
If I was going over to the states I'd buy the pico toner from neurotris and bring it back with me to Europe, and save myself a ton of shipping and tax.

Gosh, I should not have asked!!! Looks sooooo good, but sooo expensive... Sad
Thanks, I really like this,... but my budget is not up to it unless I win the lottery during the next month Very Happy
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
If I was in NY I would go to Pratima spa - for the experience and products. She does have a website, but shipping is high and I'd would like to try out some of her products before I buy.

Thank you erg, just checked out the Pratima Spa on the web. Looks good and certainly worthwhile trying.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
catski wrote:

Gosh, I should not have asked!!! Looks sooooo good, but sooo expensive... Sad
Thanks, I really like this,... but my budget is not up to it unless I win the lottery during the next month Very Happy

I can't find the price, how much is the Pico Toner? TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:

I can't find the price, how much is the Pico Toner? TIA

It is $595.00. Here is a link for it.

https://www.photofacialmachines.com/catalog/neurotris-pico-toner®™-personal-face-body-toner/

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Pratima sunscreen
Chagrin Valley soaps

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Pratima sunscreen
Chagrin Valley soaps

Thank you fawnie, the Pratima has now a two thumbs up!
I hadn't heard about Chagrin Valley soaps, they look really yummy, yet I can't find any store that will sell them in NY, only in Ohio. Do you know of any in NY?
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I live in NYC and I do all my skincare shopping online, now I am mostly in DIY but even before.. however you should go to saks 5th ave to check out the ridiculous prices on everything! btw. Macy's on 34th street is v good for shopping for clothes, they always have great sales and they give an additional 10% off for visitor's , u need to show your passport and get a coupon which remains valid for the entire day or may be few days... Europeans go crazy in Macys, I have seen em carrying loads of bags! Smile There is no tax on clothes/shoes under $100 but if you buy something expensive you can get your tax paid back at the customs on your way back, just save your receipts..
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
I live in NYC and I do all my skincare shopping online, now I am mostly in DIY but even before.. however you should go to saks 5th ave to check out the ridiculous prices on everything! btw. Macy's on 34th street is v good for shopping for clothes, they always have great sales and they give an additional 10% off for visitor's , u need to show your passport and get a coupon which remains valid for the entire day or may be few days... Europeans go crazy in Macys, I have seen em carrying loads of bags! Smile There is no tax on clothes/shoes under $100 but if you buy something expensive you can get your tax paid back at the customs on your way back, just save your receipts..

Many thanks Daler! Just been checking out Macy's on the net... I will leave space in my suitcase for clothing bought there!
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:22 am      Reply with quote
you are v welcome ATester. I hope you enjoy your visit in my beloved city!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Cle de Peau makeup and Georgio Armani makeup. Cle de Peau makes the best concealer, Armani lipsticks are gorgeous.

American skincare products are far superior to European, IMHO. I don't believe that either SkinMedica or Lifeline is sold in Europe. Well, Lifeline can be ordered online. SkinMedica TNS Recovery Serum got a lot of praise. Skinceuticals serums are much cheaper in the US than in Europe.

Buy American brand clothing in the US, it is much cheaper than in Europe.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it but I hear a lot of great things about CeraVe which isn't available in Europe yet as far as I know. They are basic but well formulated creams, lotions and cleansers and it seems to be fairly decently priced as well. I have ordered some from the US but will have to wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
A friend that was over at NY about two years ago said that for clothing the best place is a Century 21 store... Is it better than Macy's?
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
A friend that was over at NY about two years ago said that for clothing the best place is a Century 21 store... Is it better than Macy's?

Do you mean Forever 21?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know about Forever 21, I think it is Century 21 that my friend referred to, like here: http://www.c21stores.com/

What is Forever 21?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |