Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Earthing
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I read about this on a blog the other day. The idea is that by walking barefoot you can increase and balance your energy, relieve pain, decrease inflammation and probably reverse aging.
http://www.perriconemd.com/category/the+doctor/dr.+perricone+discusses/earthing+or+grounding.do

I found this website that sells gadgets like mats and bands you can use to have Earth energy while sleeping or using the computer. I was wondering if anyone has any of these:
http://www.earthing.com/default.asp
jazzi
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I would fully agree that walking barefoot is beneficial for one's well being. It's great, most wonderful micro massage available. Very de-stressing. I'm barefoot most times, but obviously I don't run around shoeless in the streets, I'm kinda reasonable that way. However... Having spent decades as avid barefooter I am more than convinced that the claims listed there are hugely exaggerated. There are downsides as well (infections, injuries, soil actually dries skin out, yadda, yadda, yaddaa). No device or gadget can even remotely replicate that, it goes beyond just wires and electrons. It's just as believable (well, actually less) than those energy hologram bracelets that are also a huge pile of horse manure, overpriced placebo effect is the only thing one purchases there.
I would also like to point out that for most part of human evolution the whole species were running around without any kind of foot wear and they did not actually live longer or better, despite being connected with earth 24/7. Some individuals happen to have a very romantic notion of that time. There are enough humans around now as well who are shoe less their whole lives, it's very easy to research their lifestyles and make educated decisions on the far-fetched claims in those links.
Another argument against those claims is that it's actually Dr Perricone and his pal endorsing it. Even if followers and by now even some mainstream people have embraced Perricone's other theories does not make them any more legit. I take everything he says with a truckload of salt and justly so, he's after naïve socialites' credit cards, nothing else, with his (fiction) books, (fad) diets and (essentially useless) products.

That said, I'm very pro the underlaying concept. Grounding as a connection to earth is actually free and does not require any gadgets. There are all kinds of visualization and meditation techniques that actually accomplish that and they are free, even available on YouTube. Just take a pick, yoga, Wiccan, shamanism, basic energy work... they all use same concept and the process itself is usually same, just goes under different names.
Whether those techniques actually charge people up with a tiny sliver of some higher energy or it's all just in the head is besides the point as long the result is achieved and no one got swindled. An open mind is a powerful ally is all I'm saying. I'm a realistic/skeptic person, even if horribly judgmental, very much into cold hard facts, fan of sound scientific research and I have insist that grounding meditation does work for me. That's also another reason why I find the BS that Dr Perricone and Dr Sinatra are sprouting insulting.
I invite everyone who's interested to try this simple meditation before judging the whole concept: http://www.project-meditation.org/mt/grounding_meditation.html
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like Dr.Perricone is trying to make money on this. If so, perhaps he should use marketing mgr as his moniker instead of dr.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I remember seeing earthing mats etc ages ago, and bedsheets that go into the wall socket and thinking that sounded strange. Wasn't comfortable as thought it would be easy to get electrocuted by a fault or powersurge so stayed away from it. There is an earthing book I read some time ago that was a list of people who spoke about the benefits they had, but don't recall any scientific factual evidence that it was beneficial. I do understand that walking around in rubber soled shoes prevents our bodies from coming into balance because positive/negative electrons are prevented from going into the earth, but whether you need very costly equipment to me doesn't feel right. However I'm interested in learning more for sure.

Also Donna Eden has a wonderful grounding technique in her book that I love!
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 11, 2013 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
On the same note, is anyone a barefoot walker? I've been wearing barefoot shoes for several years instead of standard sneakers and I really swear by them. I wake up with no joint pain (my knees irritated me in my 20s when I woke up in the morning or after physical activity), and I do not share the beginning back, hip, and knee pain that my peers are beginning to complain about. I could just be lucky, but I really do feel this plays a part. My boyfriend sits in a recliner and ices his back every night while I'm still digging in the garden in my somewhat bare feet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 11, 2013 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah.I love to walk barefoot across the sea coast's little rocks and then dive into the sea(no infections,nothing to be seriously afraid of).

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 13, 2013 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've walked barefoot several times the past few weeks and it seems very effective for reducing fatigue and stress. I've noticed some mild itching if I don't wash well afterwards but nothing too serious.

I'm not sure the scientific claims are overstated. It sounds true to me that the Earth can provide electrons to help anti-oxidize the body. Personally, I've noticed fatigue ever since I first started using a computer regularly 15 years ago. This has to be a cause of accelerated aging. So I think an Earthing band or sheet to sleep on might be a good investment. I think I'm sleeping better from walking barefoot, and think I would sleep even better if I had an Earthing sheet. The only drawback is I don't think they can be washed normally. So I will probably buy a wristband.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |