Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone try a Mail Forwarding service?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Hello! I live in Canada and want to purchase some items from the USA. However, some shops such as Ann Taylor etc. do not ship outside the US.

I know there are internet sites such as myus.com, and these businesses will receive mail on your behalf and forward it along to you (for a charge of course!)

I am wondering whether anyone has experience with these types of services/sites. Any advice would be most appreciated!
Cheers
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:53 am      Reply with quote
I know that feeling of disappointment when a site doesn't ship to your country!

I live in the UK and have usedwww.shipito.com several times - all good experiences.
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much for this information - I checked and am pleased with Shipito as there is a surface mail option (much cheaper shipping to Canada!). Knowing you have had success utilizing them gives me an added bit of confidence too.

I am off to sign up - thank you again!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:41 am      Reply with quote
myamax wrote:
Thank you very much for this information - I checked and am pleased with Shipito as there is a surface mail option (much cheaper shipping to Canada!). Knowing you have had success utilizing them gives me an added bit of confidence too.

I am off to sign up - thank you again!

You're very welcome. I hope it works out well for you, too. Very Happy
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I signed up with myus.com some time back to buy some work equipment from the US, but ended up not needing their services (found what I needed locally).

Anyway ... after a year, myus.com automatically charged my credit card an annual account renewal fee. To be fair, it's partly my fault as I think they sent me an email notifying me, but I didn't attend to it promptly enough. The "automatic renewal" must have been somewhere there in the small print when i first signed up, although I didn't see it, and usually make a point of looking for that kind of thing.

No big deal, as it was only US10 or so, just something to be aware of.
La.Alex

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Could you guys please tell me about your experiences with shipitto and myus? I've also been looking at borderlinx and bongo and would like feedback on any of the services to make an informed decision. Thanks in advance Smile
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:43 am      Reply with quote
I used myus many many years ago. Was excellent. Same as appleitni though I got charged...oh well. Was my error as well. It was all sorted out.

Good service.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:09 am      Reply with quote
La.Alex wrote:
Could you guys please tell me about your experiences with shipitto and myus? I've also been looking at borderlinx and bongo and would like feedback on any of the services to make an informed decision. Thanks in advance Smile

With shipito, I only use the service every now and again so have only a basic free membership (no monthly fee). I find their fees for shipping to be very reasonable and they've always been very fast to despatch a parcel to me as soon as they've received it.
havana8

Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:02 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
La.Alex wrote:

With shipito, I only use the service every now and again so have only a basic free membership (no monthly fee). I find their fees for shipping to be very reasonable and they've always been very fast to despatch a parcel to me as soon as they've received it.

Me too on shipito. If it weren't for your recommendation, majorb, I would never have known about them so thank you very much!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:47 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Me too on shipito. If it weren't for your recommendation, majorb, I would never have known about them so thank you very much!

You're very welcome, havana. Very Happy

It's great to have found a company at last to replace the much-missed shopthestates.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:03 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

Ditto from me too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
havana8 wrote:

Ditto from me too!

Glad to have helped. Very Happy
havana8

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Just an update that my recent experiences with shipitto.com continue to be great. They are reasonably priced, great to deal with and speedy on forwarding packages... Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:49 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Just an update that my recent experiences with shipitto.com continue to be great. They are reasonably priced, great to deal with and speedy on forwarding packages... Smile

That's good to hear, havana. Same goes for me. Very Happy
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
I know that feeling of disappointment when a site doesn't ship to your country!

I live in the UK and have usedwww.shipito.com several times - all good experiences.

Thanks for the recommendation.
JessicaMurray

Tue May 21, 2013 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
It is hard not to be nickel and dimed with mail/parcel forwarding services.
I would suggest parcelbound International as the fees are straightforward and reasonable.
Free consolidation/repackaging of purchases is included in your membership in order to save you the most possible on duties, taxes, etc.

parcelbound . com
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:03 am      Reply with quote
JessicaMurray wrote:
It is hard not to be nickel and dimed with mail/parcel forwarding services.
I would suggest parcelbound International as the fees are straightforward and reasonable.
Free consolidation/repackaging of purchases is included in your membership in order to save you the most possible on duties, taxes, etc.

parcelbound . com

I wonder how reliable such services are for countries in the 3rd world?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:42 am      Reply with quote
About as reliable as their local mail I think.

Ive sent parcels Registered Mail to South Africa (not exactly a 3rd WC but mail is spotty there) only to have it returned to me a year later - it prob sat on someone's desk there for a year. The intended recipient never got a notice that it was to be picked up. Other times she gets things from me Regular International Parcel (no signature) without delay.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |