Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

is this environmental change or am I just cold???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Well would you believe it , Ive just put on my wood burning stove Exclamation Exclamation

I know I am poorly just now, but Im cold as well!!!

Its only 15 deg here , so on goes the fire brrrr

mind you its also raining fit to burst!

So much for those balmy August days that I remember, or maybe thats just nostalgia/ or maybe my fevered brain Rolling Eyes

What do you think?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:52 am      Reply with quote
It has been 100 plus for a bit here in Texas. think the hubby would trade you these hot attics in August, haha! Being a home inspection biz, hot summers are dreaded.
Where are you located?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Haarp controls the weather.Check it .It is in Alaska. Here in Greece at 5-6 pm it gets now cloudy for 3-5 days in a row.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Annie, we are in the Scottish Highlands (UK)

Think we've had our summer, hey Id trade it for a hot august!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:38 am      Reply with quote
The weather over here has been totally crazy going from one extreme to the other since early spring. We've just had a heat wave, now a few days of overcast, rainy weather but in a few days it will heat up again.
We had frost at easter. Totally crazy. Because of the climate change, the direction of the prevailing winds has changed, so that we are now welcoming Siberian frosty winds untill early June. The spring here totally sucked. We had better get used to it.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Where do you live Lotusesther?

I've moved into a garden suite (partially underground). Its beautiful but I'm prone to cold too, and the air remains cool and the carpet cold.
Here in Vancouver we've had an absolutely glorious summer (sunny warm temps & broken records for days without rain), but I still want to turn the space heater on! I don't, only because I don't want to pamper myself TOO much, or come off crazy. I just go outside. Smile

Yesterday we finally had a quick thunderstorm where lightening hit the ground. This rarely if ever happens here. I've also seen a couple of episodes of monsoon-type rains in the past year which I've only ever witnessed in foreign countries before. Winters have also been really mild compared to when I was a kid.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
It is stifling here in north Florida...I am sooo ready for fall and some lower humidity!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
I live in the Netherlands.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:15 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the weather here seems to be all wrong too!!
We had really cold snowy winters whenI was little here, but its not the same Sad

And I am like you Lori, I am always cold Rolling Eyes I think my DH thinks I am a reptile Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Scottish Highlands, my dream/bucket list place to visit! Guess I will make sure the weather is a little warmer first, haha.
I have this thing for your Scottish accent, it is just so amazing to me. My hubby laughs and puts on the golf channel so I can listen to the announcer, he calls it my Scottish ------------, haha.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
If you are cold and also tired all the time, get your thyroid checked. I love cloudy, cool English weather. Hate heat and humidity. There is no perfect place to live.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I believe I've had most things checked, but thanks for the suggestion. I'm very healthy, but somewhat sedentary (not due to lack of energy)... so that may be the culprit. Yup, reptile sounds about right!

I THOUGHT I loved heat (20-35C Vancouver summers) until I moved to Austin during the hottest summer on record (40's/113F!). They also got arctic winds in February that came straight down due to no mountain ranges to divert them - UGH, my poor ears (earaches)! And my limited experience traveling has shown me I certainly wouldn't be able to tolerate humidity. So back I am to our lovely moderate climate. Now I don't bitch about the rain - its part of the reason its so green... and clean here! Smile

Woah, Scottish Highlands, Netherlands, Florida, Texas... love this.

Are you feeling better 10Sylvia5? I missed the fevered brain part earlier.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Sylvia if its just a feeling of being cold it might be just you! but if you have other symptoms like chills, sweats, fever, aches, pains, scratchy throat, etc etc, you might have the flu or URI. Hope youre better by now but see a medical person if things get worse, of course. Anyone else sick around you? Kids? DH?

I do envy you in Scotland tho ... would trade my hot humid sticky summers for your cool moody cloudy skies any day!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Actually Fawnie I think you do have a point I am or rather do have a stinker of a cold just now!

But having said that I am usually more cold than hot.!!!
OH dear just realised how that would read Bad Grin

You know what I mean.
And yes the skies are rather moody and pictursku!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Being ill makes it the perfect excuse to crank that heat up and bundle up! Lots of hot (maybe spicy) soups, and teas too... especially in Scotland (shudder). Smile Sucks to be sick... keep us posted on how you're doing!

Where are you Fawnie?

*had this up on my edit screen too long and now you've already posted.. ah well, still applies. Feel better soon!

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |