Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Preventing Cancer...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
the biggest problem with laundry products is that for some reason they don't HAVE to list all of their ingredients.

You will find on many lists, things like "natural ingredients", or some other type of word... that's bothersome to me. And of course they sight propriatory information. But I really think that's just too bad. When we live in a world full of skin conditions, it's not suprising that detergent and extras aggrevate these.

http://www.methodhome.com is pretty good at listing their ingredients. And responding to questions about them...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Oh right Method, my DIL uses that too. It's SO COOL that more companies are coming out with non-toxic stuff, I love it!

Along the lines of cancer prevention, this is a quote from an integrative doctor I know.

"And so, we know that sea plankton has all the right ingredients; the right amino acids, the right sugars, the right micro-nutrients, the right fats, the right antioxidants, the right vitamins, in such a degree, that consumption of sea plankton alone, as a superfood, should be very successful in treating practically all diseases."

Right now I'm researching Dunaliella salina (sea plankton), I'm going to buy some for myself to use instead of the greens supplement powders I use. Amino acids are big for CFS peeps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Brand? Link?

Please tell my wimpy self it does not taste bad!

I love method... seriously the bathroom products MAKE you want to clean your bathroom, they smell so good! And not terribly expensive.

I've been using their dishwasher tabs... dishes are clean. perhaps not sparkly... but I've generally only got 5 y/o's to impress... and the real crystal would never go in there! (and that's the story I'm sticking to!)

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I ended up getting this phytoplankton. And am using it alternating with greens powder drinks for the uber nutrient value.

http://www.umaclife.com/

here's another cool video about healing from cancer

http://positivetv.tv/channels/topic-of-the-week/can-we-eat-to-starve-cancer/

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting it!
I love this video!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Interesting article that goes along with this topic - The 7 foods experts won't eat: http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/the-7-foods-experts-wont-eat-547963/

1. canned tomatoes
2. corn-fed beef
3. microwave popcorn
4. nonorganic potatoes
5. farmed salmon
6. milk produced with artificial hormones
7. conventional apples

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:25 am      Reply with quote
While I applaud bringing to awareness all the ways we can cut out toxins from our diet and environment, I get weary of the slamming of the medical profession as being complicit in "poisoning" us.

"This health care system actually encourages people to eat products that have contributed to the epidemic of disease"
http://www.nancydeville.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Death_by_Supermarket_excerpt.pdf

Could she give some examples? Nutrition isnt stressed in medical schools in USA, but MDs do refer to dietitians.

Otherwise an interesting thread. tx

5% products discount

Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I don't mean to sound harsh , but in todays time cancer is very hard to avoid! unless you somehow go back to the cavemen times . There are toxins everywhere! especially in polluted cities . The habits we possess in todays time let alone toxins has a much higher chance of getting cancer . We are constantly stressed , we have less sleep as our we're always occupied with jobs , we hold extreme expectations of ourselves both health and looks and we're running around all the time and some may make it even more difficult for themselves by living on junk food/ciggerates and dealing with a lot within families and friends .

Personally I have a theory... if you ran to the jungle and lived on nothing but clean food and lived a very simple life and lets say for argument sake that there were toxins there too... you have a far less chance of getting cancer. The moral of the story.. it all comes down to stress , toxins play a small role in this. Think about the people who lived over 100 , most of them had bad habits but always kept themselves occupied but stress free whenever possible.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
The lecture on YouTube gives good summary of the book contents along with some diagrams from the book. I read Anticancer book by David Servan-Schreiber sometime last year. He has a lot of examples with real people similar to the letter to a woman that he used in the video.
Anticancer: A New Way of Life
By David Servan-Schreiber
http://www.amazon.com/Anticancer-New-Life-David-Servan-Schreiber/dp/0670020346

Another good anti-cancer book that I liked better then a book mentioned above is Foods to Fight Cancer by Richard Beliveau.
Foods to Fight Cancer: Essential foods to help prevent cancer
By Richard Beliveau
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0756628679/ref=oss_product#noopAs

As it is obvious from the title of the book it focuses on food aspect, and is really clear and well written. I think that David used some of Richard's info when writing his Anticancer book. I implemented some of recommendations from Foods to Fight Cancer, although I had been eating pretty healthy anyway.

Here's another cancer prevention book that I found on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Avoiding-Cancer-One-Day-Time/dp/1592981593/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377993562&sr=8-1&keywords=preventing+cancer

It looks like it could be potentially beneficial.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
There is an old author that wrote a book with a title''THANKS GOD I HAVE CANCER''.

After years of abuse the logical would be the body to have cancer which is A GOOD THING CAUSE IT SHOWING A MEANINGFULL BIOLOGICAL MECHANISM THAT IT HELPS YOU BRING BACK THE HEALTH BUT THE PHARMA IDIOTS FIGHT CANCER!!!!THATS WHY MOST OF THE TIMES THEY KILL PEOPLE.THEIR DRUGS KILL THEM.

If you want check also Dr Hamer who proved the above but in more of a pshychological aspect.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:

After years of abuse the logical would be the body to have cancer which is A GOOD THING CAUSE IT SHOWING A MEANINGFULL BIOLOGICAL MECHANISM THAT IT HELPS YOU BRING BACK THE HEALTH BUT THE PHARMA IDIOTS FIGHT CANCER!!!!THATS WHY MOST OF THE TIMES THEY KILL PEOPLE.THEIR DRUGS KILL THEM.

Pano, I don't think this is a nice or appropriate thing to say to anyone and certainly not to someone who may have cancer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
panoslydios wrote:

Pano, I don't think this is a nice or appropriate thing to say to anyone and certainly not to someone who may have cancer.

As someone who had cervical cancer at 23, I would definitely categorize this comment as insensitive and clueless. I was a dedicated student throughout my youth, and there was no abuse of any kind.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:39 am      Reply with quote
My apologies then .

I was aiming at the way mds treat diseases and didnt want to go personally.

Please,if someone has time check Dr Hamer on this subject.

Everybody should understand that we have born in the most toxic enviroment possibly in all of human history.

I totally believe most of diseases are there to help the body.Cause fighting a disease shows its something thats doesnt work.
To prevent cancer is to prevent enviromental toxins,stress,bad circulation and many many more.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:53 am      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:

Everybody should understand that we have born in the most toxic enviroment possibly in all of human history.

I do agree that man-made things are far more toxic than people realize. The rise in autism rates and early onset of puberty in children is proof of that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:43 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

As someone who had cervical cancer at 23, I would definitely categorize this comment as insensitive and clueless. I was a dedicated student throughout my youth, and there was no abuse of any kind.

I'm really sorry to hear this, bethany.

Glad that you're cancer free now.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
bethany wrote:

I'm really sorry to hear this, bethany.

Glad that you're cancer free now.

Thanks Veronica!

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |