Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Up to date photos - Facial Exercise Program Founders
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
aprile wrote:

TM - These are very good comments, and honestly could be applicable to several threads on this forum. Bashing a business is bashing a business in my book. When a person comes on a forum and makes comments about FE ruining their face, or a microcurrent device causing a seizure, or even intimating that a product's founder is unethical, these ARE detrimental to those businesses. Further, when these comments are not backed up by absolute proof and are written in such a slanderous way as we've all seen many times on EDS, it's nothing short of defamation of character. To me, it just stands to reason that people should leave *personal* out of the equation when they don't like a certain product or device, and at some point they need to "LET IT GO AND MOVE ON!" If you want to post something nice and share how it worked for, then go for it...otherwise, IMO to continue on in this fashion on this thread or others, it's just beating a dead horse. ~ Aprile Laughing

So you're saying that no negative reviews should be posted? Do you really mean that if you used a topical and it gave you an adverse reaction, or you used a device which caused you a physical injury, that it shouldn't be mentioned? Do you believe that Cookie did the wrong thing by posting her experience with the DermaJet? Do you believe that she should be sued or accused of defamation?

These types of forums are the easiest way to get feedback on products - if you're going to start insisting people only post positive reviews what use is that to anybody. And anyone in business should be prepared to deal with unsatisfied customers and negative feedback.

Why don't people just let other people have their say - let the combatants battle it out - as long as they do so in a civil manner.

Suffice it to say Keliu, you and I are in different camps on this topic. I, unlike many others on this forum do not continually bash something that didn't provide me with the results I sought. Anyone can experience adverse affects from any device, product or program they use. HOWEVER, even you must admit that when someone continues to bash a product, device or program years later, that IS taking it to a whole new level. Who knows? But guess what? People make their own decisions about what they buy and use. Unless a device is proven to be *truly faulty*, the individual user is always part of the equation.

Sure I've used products that have caused adverse effects. I used an OTC retinol once that burned the area beneath my eyes. But guess what? I stop using it, got a prescription and moved on. Perhaps I used too much of the product, perhaps I developed a sudden allergy, who knows? But I would not get on the forum and continue to bash the product at every turn. So NO I don't think it's appropriate. Not to mention, with different situations, there are many variables involved ... With devices, people might not use it properly, they use it too often or whatever. That is the reason most devices come with some sort of disclaimer or warning because companies can't guarantee each person will use their device, product or program properly. Also, personal health status IS an important part of the equation (whether you want to believe it or not). Certain reactions such as your eye twitch can be attributed to other underlying medical problems or deficiencies.

So seriously people, we need to stop blaming others for things that happen to us. Each of us are responsible for our own health and safety. I say we move on from this facial exercise fiasco. As previously mentioned ~ it's definitely overkill and I never even used the FE program so I have no horse in the race ~ Aprile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Keliu - I don’t think anyone is saying negative reviews shouldn’t be posted, but its what is said in the reviews that has the capacity to do harm that needs to be considered here. As we all know Nonie purchased it ages ago – when the forum etc was a much different place, but sometimes when you read her posts you would think it was yesterday. Also we are constantly bombarded with how she “spoke” to Deb, and Deb has asked her several times to let her know who she was (which speaks volumes to me). It also strikes me as strange why she won’t just say privately to Deb, “I’m so and so and I purchased it here on this date”. Deb has even said she’d publicly apologise if she did that, but to no avail. Anytime any posts about FlexEffect, its almost like the past is dug up again and again and its done with what I think is a deliberate intent to harm Deb and her business and put off new customers. Whislt I agree your right people should have their say, its not to say that they should be allowed to completely misrepresent the truth or individuals who were involved, nor should they not expect to get asked questions about what happened too. After all, sometimes we only get partial parts of what happened, and I myself have experienced this on the forum and regretted it many times thereafter.

John Perry – please don’t let this put you off. There is a long history that sadly you have walked into the middle of here, but we’re glad to have you and its great that you shared your experience. We definitely need more men, at the moment there’s only a few here.
havana8

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi All, Please move this discussion back on topic and take any further back-and-forth regarding the ongoing personal dispute off-forum. Any further off-topic posts will be removed. Thank you.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:50 am      Reply with quote
jrp0610 wrote:
Nonie....New member here ( soon to be ex member with this psycho nonsense going on around here)....My name John Perry has been thrown around a couple of times now....

"On 8/22/2013 you posted
Deb Crowley said earlier in this thread that she was way ahead of Theresamary on this idea of posting recent photos but her photos are glaringly absent.

That two of the popular face exercise programs on EDS are not represented in this thread when both founders are members of this forum is a bit of a disappointment, don't you think?"

Only reason I felt motivated to share my experience and video with you....To show someone who has had success with Flex Effect since you brought to my attention that she (Deb Crowley) had not posted recent pictures yet...

"You posted on 9-5-2013
For the record, I did not bring the discussion about FE experiences into a thread that is about founders' photos. John Perry just joined the forum and in his very first post addressed me to tell me about his experience with FE even though I didn't ask nor was that a topic in this thread."

I was just sharing, thought it was a good idea...See now it wasn't, but to be fair your statement was a slam at the founder of Flex Effect so I thought I would share a positive experience....You have made it very clear you do not want to hear anything positive about Flex Effect after reading this entire thread...Okay fine.....No offense was intended to you with my share of my video or any comments I made to you.....

"You posted 9-5-2013
Still I appreciated his generosity and willingness to share his experience and video with me, although it did take me aback because it seemed kind of random and out of the blue"...

Why would that take you or anyone aback or think it was out of the blue when I was reading the thread that mentioned Flex Effect and it's founder?.....I thought cool, I've been doing this for years and have reaped the benefits and wanted to share.....Nothing random or strange about it......

Like I said in an earlier post, all the best of luck to you....And you know what?....I mean it....John Perry AKA soon to be ex member as soon as I figure out how to do so.....

Don't leave John Perry - I think you're fun! And most of us like a positive vibe Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Don't leave John Perry - I think you're fun! And most of us like a positive vibe Very Happy

Agreed! There should be room for everyone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question for Deb Crowley.

Deb, your daughters both look fantastic. (I can see a lot of YOU in your daughter Audrea, actually. Smile ) I know they are both trainers but my question is how long have they been doing FlexEffect? Did they begin as teenagers or did they begin later than that?

Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:02 am      Reply with quote
John Perry watched your video. New to all of this but if that is you at 55 sans makeup I am sold on facial exercise!
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:47 am      Reply with quote
AngelaE8654 wrote:
I have a question for Deb Crowley.

Deb, your daughters both look fantastic. (I can see a lot of YOU in your daughter Audrea, actually. Smile ) I know they are both trainers but my question is how long have they been doing FlexEffect? Did they begin as teenagers or did they begin later than that?

Hi AngelaE

The girls grew-up with FlexEffect. Audrea actually taught FlexEffect classes when she started collage at 18. I know both my girls were in full training by their mid 20s. Around the age of 25, those who will be prone to wrinkles will get there first one, and,... that’s when... the word... as we know it... ENDS! Shock . As far as I’m concerned, starting early puts you way ahead of the game. It’s far better/easier to prevent than start right off the bat with damage control.

I know there are those who believe starting early is not a good idea, but I strongly disagree.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi All, The discussion on Flex Effect has been moved to an existing FE thread found here:

The New Edition of FlexEffect is Here!
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6512496#6512496

and the discussion on the best way to start with facial exercises has been moved here:

Which is the best facial exercises to try?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6512498#6512498

Thank you.
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Ok, my up-to-date photos are up. That should last me another 3 years Rolling Eyes I turned my full front face shot into black/white... makes me feel like I have makeup on. I do have on mascara... but somehow it just doesn’t do it for me. Can you believe the hair on my face!!! There is no way in hell I could laser all that

http://www.flexeffect.com/debpic.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Deb, you do make 65 look GOOD!

Thank you for posting the updates and giving us the heads-up that they were up. Wink
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
WOW - VERY Impressive Deb! You do NOT look 65 or even close! Thank you for posting!

I have other facial exercise programs but continue to use much of yours & I have to say your Bone program looks like it has benefited you & hopefully me as well! Very Happy Very Happy

I will forge on! Smile Smile
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Deb, Thank you for posting these photos! Smile The extra motivation always helps. Now, I'm excited to do my FlexEffect tonight! You have such beautiful eyes.
Beehive
5% products discount

Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Wow is right! You look fantastic Deb. I would guess you to be at least 20 years younger than your age. Bravo!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |