Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lasik eye surgery for a not-so-young person
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I had the surgery done on Thursday and couldn't believe how fast it was. I walked out half an hour after I went in. It was relatively pain-free - the only thing that hurt was when they took off the tape they had put on to hold my lashes down. By the follow-up appointment the next morning, I had 20/20 vision in my right eye. I'm still adjusting to monovision but it's better than it was when I was wearing one contact. The worse thing is no eye makeup for a week. Most people have never seen me without mascara so I'm sure I'll be scaring a lot of them. Cool
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats, Skippie. Hope you enjoy your new vision! Very Happy
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear it went so smoothly! Congrats!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats Skippie!! I'm sure that once you've adjusted you'll consider it one of the best things you've done.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Skippie so glad things are looking good in the vision dept. Dancing I have also decided to deal with my vision issues and have scheduled surgery for lens replacement in two weeks. I am really excited and now so happy that you are pleased as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the encouragement, girls. Without your support, I'm not sure I would have had the courage. I'm already saying I wish I had done it 10 years ago.

Good luck Toby - I'm excited for you.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Thanks for the encouragement, girls. Without your support, I'm not sure I would have had the courage. I'm already saying I wish I had done it 10 years ago.

Good luck Toby - I'm excited for you.

Skippie,
It was your post that got me motivated to see if I am a good candidate for this surgery and as it turns out I am one of the best.A big thank you for generating the interest that spurred me on to pursue it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Well yesterday I had lens replacement and I am so thrilled with the results. It is the biggest confidence booster that I have had in years......It is suppose to take some time to get the vision fine tuned but one day one after surgery I can see everything beautifully.ImageI could shout it from the rooftop...I can see!!!!The other eye will be done in a couple of weeks....I can't WAIT!Image

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
That's so wonderful, Toby. I'm excited for you!! I'm happier than ever with mine. My right eye is now seeing 20/15.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations to you both! I am very happy that all has and is going so well Skippie and Toby! I am totally jealous too! Shock LOL Looking forward to hearing your great results on the second eye Toby!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
That's great Toby! I'm so glad for you & Skippie that it turned out to be a positive experience for the two of you!
I also found it to be a real confidence booster.
jmcadon

Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I didn't have Lasik later in life, rather I had it probably 12+ years ago now. Just remember that while your distance vision will be perfect (or near perfect) you will still have age related eye changes and will need the reading glasses eventually. They did my eyes where one was better for distance and one was better for close up. It took me quite a while to adjust to that and not feel off balance, but it has kept me from needing reading glasses until this year.

This sounds like me. Had mine done about 6 years ago after age 45. One for distance, one for reading. I do use glasses for reading for long periods, but for about 80% of what I do I am fine, although they are not as good as when I first had them done.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Just had second eye done last week and the results are unbelievable. I had no idea things would be this wonderful...surgery and vision! I feel like a teenager again and feel like I can do anything now....strange how better vision makes you feel so empowered! I have given glasses and boxes of contacts to my friends and not looking back! Laughing
I almost forgot my doctor told me it might take a little while for my brain to adjust to my new lens and my vision might be a little while before being perfect. Well he didn't know how much my brain wanted to see!!!My vision was perfect as soon as the dilation was gone....the surgery took all of five minutes and it is the same as cataract surgery only a Restor lens is put in. LOVE it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Just had second eye done last week and the results are unbelievable. I had no idea things would be this wonderful...surgery and vision! I feel like a teenager again and feel like I can do anything now....strange how better vision makes you feel so empowered! I have given glasses and boxes of contacts to my friends and not looking back! Laughing
I almost forgot my doctor told me it might take a little while for my brain to adjust to my new lens and my vision might be a little while before being perfect. Well he didn't know how much my brain wanted to see!!!My vision was perfect as soon as the dilation was gone....the surgery took all of five minutes and it is the same as cataract surgery only a Restor lens is put in. LOVE it!

Great news Toby - I'm glad it was a grand slam!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am so happy for you Toby!!! Very Happy You sound so thrilled and it's just great to hear that and all went so smoothly with such a quick recovery! Yea You. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:49 am      Reply with quote
That's exciting, Toby. I'm glad it went so well for you and that you're happy with the results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Toby,

congratulations.
I am so happy for you!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:05 am      Reply with quote
I've been told by my eye dr (that I started seeing a few years ago) that I am not a candidate for Lasik. Before I started seeing him I had a consultation for Lasik and they fitted me w/ temporary glasses to sample a monovision surgery. I hated that and did not proceed.

Reading about the ReSTOR lens implant sounds really great for me and I think I might look into it.

Has the ReSTOR and other lens implants been around for vision restoration (v cataracs) for very long? It was only 4 yrs ago that I did that Lasik consult.

I did start wearing contacts about 3 yrs ago and they are monovision. They also correct for astigmatism. They are not very good at their correction as my vision is so-so using them. I much prefer to wear my bi-focals for reading when at home, but wear the contacts for going out since I think I look terrible in glasses. I would love for this type of SX to work for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I really appreciate all the congrats...it is so nice to have people sharing in the success.

Now for information on the Restor lens....I wouldn't have considered surgery if I could still successfully wear contacts....I had a love affair with my contacts for 15 years and wore them 24/7...not such a good idea because with constant wear and hormone change I wound up with dry eyes. I tried glasses for a year and my vision just was never as good with them. Also I hated keeping them clean, knocking them off doing my hair, and I never liked having a picture made with them on...although I had killer stylish glasses Laughing So at the end of a year of frustration I ask my doctor if I was a candidate for the lens replacement surgery. He said I was and because I have the most wonderful doctor around(I should know because I went through four before I found this one that could help with my dry eye situation)I knew if he felt good about this procedure for me....I had no worries. He said this type of upgrade lens has been used for 20 years in Europe but only seven in the US...(US had to wait for FDA approval). As with anything you have to find out if it is for you and your eye concerns. I don't think the Restor lens is as successful for people with astigmatism...also pupil size could be an issue.....there are other replacement lens that are available for astigmatism. Also some people that have had lasik and then later have this surgery sometimes have to have to have some things tweaked with a simple laser procedure on down the road.I had never had lasik but whatever the criteria was I met it and my success has been nothing short of amazing!! I really don't ever advocate surgery....I am one that prefers the natural approach if possible....but I tried the natural approach with supplements and programs to retrain my vision and I had no success. So this option was perfect for me. Dancing
I will add this...I did some internet research prior to surgery but when you read reviews from people you don't know it can be misleading for numerous reasons. I did talk to people face to face that had the procedure done...some that had lasik before...others that had not ever had any eye surgery. Also I spoke with people that had the surgery done by my doctor and others that had their surgery done with other doctors. All of this really helped me decide what I needed to do.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Toby - thanks for your response. I don't know many that have had laser eye Sx - 2 or 3 at the most. And one of them had it so long ago (and also suffers from chronic dry eye) - so not a good reference.

I did read some online reviews and those didn't sound too good. I'm sure there are many more that are happy (and it's good of you to report that here).

Quote:
So at the end of a year of frustration I ask my doctor if I was a candidate for the lens replacement surgery. He said I was and because I have the most wonderful doctor around(I should know because I went through four before I found this one that could help with my dry eye situation)I knew if he felt good about this procedure for me....I had no worries.

I will need to ask if I would be a candidate for lens replacement - I had only asked about Lasik. I do believe the consult I had years ago had brought that up and I promptly put that suggestion down.
I may also need to search out other dr's. This one I've seen for the last few years seems fine, but my script for my glasses isn't the best and I wonder if someone else can give me a better one. Prior to seeing him, I only used chain stores, and only renewed my script every 4 yrs or so (eyes were not bad until the last 6 or so). I could read for a short while w/out glasses 5 yrs ago. It's just all gone downhill very fast from there.

I will look more into this. Thank you for posting on this (and congrats on such a successful result)

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
wow,

lasik surgery is great,
I saw a video of a lasik surgery and it was done so fast.
cookies
5% products discount

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I heard that there is a risk in riding planes after you do lasik - is that true?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:14 am      Reply with quote
cookies wrote:
I heard that there is a risk in riding planes after you do lasik - is that true?

I don't know if it's true, but I just went on a trip where I was on a plane four hours each way and had absolutely no problems with my eyes. When I wore contacts, on the other hand, I would have major problems if I left them in while I was on the plane.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Bumping this thread up because I just recently had Lasik done (8/31) and I love it. However, I'm wondering when I can start using skin care devices again. Like the ReAura, Lightstim, Pico Toner.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

P.S. I totally love Lasik Smile

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |