Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Flu Shot Reminder
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to remind those of you that get one every year to not forget.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Very kind reminder. Thank you!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
And now, a higher dose flu vaccine for those 65 and older.

"Why is a higher dose vaccine available for adults 65 and older?

Human immune defenses become weaker with age, which places older people at greater risk of severe illness from influenza. Also, ageing decreases the body's ability to have a good immune response after getting influenza vaccine. A higher dose of antigen in the vaccine is supposed to give older people a better immune response, and therefore, better protection against flu."
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/qa_fluzone.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:30 am      Reply with quote
thanks for this Frodo, I had forgotten!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I finally got my Mom off annual flu vaccines & now she hasn't had the flu in 8 yrs. (got it EVERY year when she was getting them!) Shock Rolling Eyes In fact she never gets sick & says she feels better than she has in years. Oh & BTW she's 83!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
And now, a higher dose flu vaccine for those 65 and older.

"Why is a higher dose vaccine available for adults 65 and older?

Human immune defenses become weaker with age, which places older people at greater risk of severe illness from influenza. Also, ageing decreases the body's ability to have a good immune response after getting influenza vaccine. A higher dose of antigen in the vaccine is supposed to give older people a better immune response, and therefore, better protection against flu."
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/qa_fluzone.htm

Wow, I went in and got my shot today and they didn't say anything about receiving a different dose. I will be calling them Monday morning and ask about this as I am 67.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I never get a flu shot and I never get flu. Nor colds, for that matter. My elderly aunts stopped getting the flu shot at my urging and guess what? No flu! They always got it before. Maybe it's just a coincidence. Rolling Eyes
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:31 am      Reply with quote
•It takes weeks for the vaccine to boost your immunity. So if you were exposed to a virus before the vaccine had a chance to work, you could get sick.

•The vaccine does not confer 100% immunity for all strains of flu virus. Just the most common ones the previous flu season and the ones projected to be most virulent this one.

•Its a killed vaccine, not a live virus. It cannot make you sick to receive the vaccine. You may feel slightly "under the weather" as your immune system gets boosted tho. You may get a sore arm as a local response the vaccine.

Its a personal choice tho. Since Im in contact with sick ppl all the time and I sometimes care for the immune-suppressed, I choose to get vaccinated and I also use common sense as far as hand-washing, good nutrition and other good health practice measures!

Good health to you all this winter!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:44 am      Reply with quote
You would have better chance to boost immunity
woth herbs than dope.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:44 am      Reply with quote
It would help if people who are sick would stay home, especially if they have sick days and can work on their computer at home. No brainer.

Also working in a building that is sealed liked an airplane doesn't help the situation.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:16 am      Reply with quote
It certainly would, but there seems to be a strange mentality that sees " working through it". "sweating it out" amongst other people , a virtue to be applauded.

Not soo go home and stop spreading germs , around especially among people who may be vulnerable.

Ok Rant over Bad Grin Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
This is going to be a controversial post for this thread. I wonder if anyone else feels the same. I never get a flu shot. I work with all kinds of people in a healthcare setting - multi-cultural, multi-age, environment.

In my experience (my work environment) - those who get the shot have been ill with flu more than I have. My take: I've built up natural immunity over the years and it has worked. But that's me. Maybe I'm just fortunate.

My mother used to get the flu shot - had a terrible reaction about 10 years ago - She was hospitalized for months.
My father never gets a flu shot (83). Never sick, but he was always rather healthy.

The flu shot is not a guarantee - it is a guesstimate. I am 20 years in healthcare and have decided it's not for me.

My opinion only. I'm not saying there aren't merits but I don't think it's a "must" for everyone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I am not anti-vaccine, but I am anti flu shot. The vaccine is continuously shoved down our throats at the company I work at. My boyfriend, who worked with me at the time, went to get his free flu shot. The end result was a disfiguring rash all over his chest that lasted for TWO YEARS. Its a personal choice, and I choose not to. Please stay home if you are sick- I think urging common sense goes a lot further than this guestimate cocktail.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Some of you may find this interesting and informative.

http://www.anh-usa.org/crony-medicine-offers-exotic-new-flu-vaccines/
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
Some of you may find this interesting and informative.

http://www.anh-usa.org/crony-medicine-offers-exotic-new-flu-vaccines/

Actually frightening was more like it! Shock
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
That too! I am VERY afraid of most of what Big Pharma has to offer!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'll skip another year, thank you. I used to get shots for two or three years straight and I ended up sick and missed a week of work. So not worth it.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Sign me ~~ Not a fan of the flu shot.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Funny, just put that reminder on the calender for the hubby and son. They go into 2-3 homes a day, many with sick children home from school/daycare. We get them every year and have for more than 20 plus. We cannot afford to get sick nor get anyone else sick. People are on short option periods with home inspections and cannot afford to be left in the lurch if we cancel.
My DIL is pregnant so it is also important not to bring anything home to her.
The only year I did not get one I ended up with the flu from Vegas and it was miserable so I wont do that again.
Thanks for the reminder Frodo and on my to do list.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:11 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
My take: I've built up natural immunity over the years and it has worked.

Mind telling us how you did that?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |