Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

add volume on the apple of cheeks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Cesc&Helena
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:17 am      Reply with quote
SansSouci572 wrote:
Cesc--I have a feeling, especially since you said that you were really tired in the afternoon--that your blood sugar is off or something.
Maybe carbs are making you tired and a little drained.
I can hardly see the tired you speak of, but I can tell a little bit, in two of your photos.

My daughter was having all kinds of weird things going on with her, and we discovered she has celiac.
Or,
Maybe you need some B vitamins? There is probably some kind of self-test somewhere you can find, perhaps to start, type in "tired in the afternoon".
I used to be super tired at your age too. Eating cereal for breakfast and things I thought were healthy were not, not for me anyway. I was like a new person when I figured out what was causing it.
Lots of people do take little power naps;
maybe that's just how you are..but, just to see if its your food, you try having protein and no carbs for a few days, in the mornings and see if it changes how you feel, You might be pleasantly surprised.
I think you might look tired because you are tired, and so if you fix what is causing it, that would be better than face exercises and so forth--
The solution is out there.

Very Happy Wow,thank you,Sans.You're right.I love sweet so much.I can eat no meat for many days.But I must eat sweet food everyday because I have a swwet tooth.I will try eat less sugar. Laughing
Cesc&Helena
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
sandooch wrote:
Cesc&Helena wrote:
Thank you,Nonie.But I'm only 22 years old.Is it too early to do face exercise?I'm afraid it can have side effects.I used to do tanaka facial massage and it damaged my face.

I'm sorry if I missed this, but could you explain how the Tanaka massage damaged your face? I haven't been doing this massage as frequently as I used to, but when I did, I loved how it softened my facial features.

Hi Sandooch upthread, Cesc&Helena said she used Tanaka Massage wrongly so maybe that's why it didn't work for her. I quote:

Cesc&Helena wrote:
Nonie,yes,my face doesn't age normally.All the changes appear because of the reasons I mentioned above. I used to have a yo-yo dieting and my weight changed rapidly.I did tanaka facial massage wrongly.I found that tanaka does good to people at older age.But for me,it has side effects. Sad

Also--and I don't know if this has anything to do with it, I'm just guessing: Could it be that Tanaka is a good thing to use after working muscles (Kinda like how people get massages after working out so they have soft features instead of hard cut ones--I remember reading years ago it's what the French ladies who work out would do so as not to have defined muscles on their legs but rather would have toned but not obviously muscular legs--of course trends change and the athletic body with definition on a woman is now considered a thing of beauty. Back when I read the article, the athletic defined muscular body was only seen as appealing on guys).

I know you, Sandooch use Tanaka with great results but you us it after your face workout. The program I do does incorporate massages in the workouts, so indeed massage is not a bad thing at all. But perhaps it's a two fold thing: first one has to use Tanaka the right way and then one's muscles need to be in good shape to respond? Coz wouldn't stretching skin that doesn't have a foundation but is attached to muscles that are losing tone lead to slack? Coz part of the goal of face exercises is to shorten muscles and create a lift with plumpness. I suppose pressure points come into play in Tanaka and there are many who find acupressure alone effective...but maybe the sliding of hands on a face that needs a bit of toning can lead to that face getting softer and hence saggier? I'm just thinking aloud. I dunno.

In CFF, there's a technique to how massage is done. It's not just a matter of sliding fingers over skin and that is loose and stretchy which I think would just be working how gravity works to make everything that isn't toned head south. This article explains the technique: http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/how-is-sliding-on-the-skin-superior-to-gripping-and-holding

daler and Jackie284 thank you for your kind compliments. Smile

Thank you very much,Nonie.Your cheeks are so beautiful! Very Happy
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Sweets will knock you on your behind as far as getting tired. Your adrenals, your liver, your face, everything. Sugar will make you wrinkled. It is really really bad for you.

I also have a very bad sweet tooth. If it were up to me, I would be like a little kid and eat nothing but cake.
In fact, even if you were to eat cake, do something like Hungry Girl does, and put a can of pumpkin in your mix, at least cut the "bad stuff" it in half..or find raw food recipes, make your cake healthier. I would not eat fake sugar, that is one thing I disagree with, in regards to Hungry girl.
I use low glycemic sugar, like raw coconut sugar. But, one step at a time..eventually you will be off and still have some sweets, just kinds that don't mess you up.

I also do not really like to eat meat. What I do is eat a boiled egg in the morning. If you do that, you will not crave sugar for hours. Later have some nuts or something,..then you will find you are not tired in the afternoon.

I detest eggs too, but, they are the easiest thing, no thinking cooking and all that. I put something like balasamic glaze on it, and black lava salt, so its not so horrid. The balsamic vinegar is so delicious, I hardly notice the nastiness of the egg! Fancy mustard will also work, like Sierra Nevada ones. But nothing beats the balasamic glaze for hiding egg taste. Maybe you like eggs, I cannot stand them.
I get the "don't be mean to chicken eggs" too. They are better for you anyway, by far. If you are going to eat something nasty, make it count and be as healthy as possible Smile That is my view point anyway..Smile. and figure out a way to cut the sweet damage as much as possible, substitute something else, etc.

That was one of my easy no thinking solutions. I have no choice. I have things to do, and can't be dragged down and I don't want my face dragged down either.

If you could do something like that, one step a day, eventually, you will get a handle on it. You could also have a smoothie. Put some whey in it, for protein, and make sure most of your fruits are not high sugar, like frozen berries, they can be your ice cubes.

Step by step get out of this loop. Get a chart of high-glycemic foods and start substituting one by one! You can do it! You are not the only one, there are LOTS of things you can do!

And also, start doing things to get your adrenals and such back on track. They are screwed up! There are herbs and tonics for that.
Smile! Yay! You don't have to have them be all tired and worn out.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:37 am      Reply with quote
VirginiaWhite wrote:
Cesc, I think you are very beautiful, you have an exotic look, smooth gorgeous pale skin, perfectly symmetrical straight nose, lush lips and a great face structure.

I think that plastic surgeon is just so terrible to tell you to touch your face! Don't do it, he just wants your money, you really don't need it. It is criminal!!!!

What you need most of all is confidence

I disagree with Nonie in that I don't see any slight sagging in your face in your "after" photo. Sure, you may not be 16 anymore like Daler said, but I couldn't agree more with VirginiaWhite's words above.

Don't get me wrong. Things like facial exercises at your age for preventative measures, tackling the sleep/tiredness issue, sleeping on your back, and reducing salt and *processed* sugar would help anyone look their best and are good starting points for prevention. But honestly, you look no older than your age and you already look so pretty!

To be candid, I worry that you have a distorted perception of yourself and just don't know how beautiful you are!! Smile I would encourage you to temporarily forget about your face and focus on how awesome of a person you are. Do something rewarding and spiritually uplifting, like volunteering in your community, go for a walk outside, or do some sports. These things always help me to feel my best and focus on what really matters: how we care for and treat others. Love and hugs Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
This site has some photos of what happens when you change your diet. Granted, some of them are just because they lost weight, but its more than that, you can see that their faces look different, more radiant, more alive and not tired..

Good Luck to you! http://www.beautifulonraw.com/raw_food_transformations_before_and_after.html
Cesc&Helena
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
VirginiaWhite wrote:
Cesc, I think you are very beautiful, you have an exotic look, smooth gorgeous pale skin, perfectly symmetrical straight nose, lush lips and a great face structure.

I think that plastic surgeon is just so terrible to tell you to touch your face! Don't do it, he just wants your money, you really don't need it. It is criminal!!!!

What you need most of all is confidence

I disagree with Nonie in that I don't see any slight sagging in your face in your "after" photo. Sure, you may not be 16 anymore like Daler said, but I couldn't agree more with VirginiaWhite's words above.

Don't get me wrong. Things like facial exercises at your age for preventative measures, tackling the sleep/tiredness issue, sleeping on your back, and reducing salt and *processed* sugar would help anyone look their best and are good starting points for prevention. But honestly, you look no older than your age and you already look so pretty!

To be candid, I worry that you have a distorted perception of yourself and just don't know how beautiful you are!! Smile I would encourage you to temporarily forget about your face and focus on how awesome of a person you are. Do something rewarding and spiritually uplifting, like volunteering in your community, go for a walk outside, or do some sports. These things always help me to feel my best and focus on what really matters: how we care for and treat others. Love and hugs Smile

Very Happy Thank you,cm5597!Love and hugs!
Cesc&Helena
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
SansSouci572 wrote:
This site has some photos of what happens when you change your diet. Granted, some of them are just because they lost weight, but its more than that, you can see that their faces look different, more radiant, more alive and not tired..

Good Luck to you! http://www.beautifulonraw.com/raw_food_transformations_before_and_after.html

The before and after photos are really impressive!They look fresh and alive in the after photos. Shock Recently I change my diet.I eat less sugar and more vegetable.I feel so good, very energetic. Laughing Thank you so much,Sans. Very Happy
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Your welcome, Cesc&Helena! I am so glad to hear you are feeling better!

I have been cleaning my diet up quite a bit too, and I too, am starting to look more alive, like those photos!
My face is starting to be an oval shape. It was oval when I was young, but became square from aging, and now it is become oval again, a little bit more chiseled and alive looking.

And, I had huge lumps of cellulite that you could feel, like rows golf balls almost..they are completely gone-- (sorry, that is over-share gross, but that they are gone was so amazing!) I was so stunned, they did not gradually disappear, they were there, and then they were not! I was rolling on a foam roller, and the diet must have allowed it to crush them!

Thanks for letting me know the photos helped you, I was hoping they would, and that I was not publically blabbing to myself Laughing
Cesc&Helena
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
SansSouci572 wrote:
Your welcome, Cesc&Helena! I am so glad to hear you are feeling better!

I have been cleaning my diet up quite a bit too, and I too, am starting to look more alive, like those photos!
My face is starting to be an oval shape. It was oval when I was young, but became square from aging, and now it is become oval again, a little bit more chiseled and alive looking.

And, I had huge lumps of cellulite that you could feel, like rows golf balls almost..they are completely gone-- (sorry, that is over-share gross, but that they are gone was so amazing!) I was so stunned, they did not gradually disappear, they were there, and then they were not! I was rolling on a foam roller, and the diet must have allowed it to crush them!

Thanks for letting me know the photos helped you, I was hoping they would, and that I was not publically blabbing to myself Laughing

Smile Very Happy Congratulations,Sans!You have great result!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Cesc&Helena wrote:
SansSouci572 wrote:

The before and after photos are really impressive!They look fresh and alive in the after photos. Shock Recently I change my diet.I eat less sugar and more vegetable.I feel so good, very energetic. Laughing Thank you so much,Sans. Very Happy

Cesc&Helena, that's awesome Smile I'm so glad you're doing something positive like this and feel better. I could rave all day long about the benefits of a high raw, high fruit and veggie diet Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
you could also add L-carnosine supplement, it prevents glycation ( supposed to )and thus delays aging ... i take 500mg daily...
rosy14
5% products discount

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Jaclynaz wrote:
Echoecho, what is the name of the cream you are using to increase fat content??

Which bust cream are you using? Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |