Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice cleansing. Good or bad idea?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:08 am      Reply with quote
It’s Spring time again!

This year i want to try a 3-5 days juice cleansing.

I don’t have any specific health issues. Just want to see how i would feel after getting this vitamin boost instead of regular food for some period of time.

Did anyone try this?

Do you think it’s good or bad idea and why?

I am still deciding between:www.sujajuice.com or http://www.izocleanse.com
Both look very appealing.

Please share your opinion.

Thanks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have a manual wheat grass juicer that I use for wheatgrass, spinach, and other leaves. This is because I was breaking juicers left and right....long story. I've only ever juice fasted/cleansed for 2 days at a time, and I didn't feel much different tbh. I mean MAYBE my skin looked better. I think it should mostly be utilized by people who need to lose serious weight or something.

Tip: Always add a cucumber or two to the mix. It makes everything taste "fresher" and the silica is supposed to be good for connective tissue.
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Chlorophyll,

Thank you for the tip. That what i will probably do next - buy a cold press juicer and start doing it myself.

For now, though, i want to try this commercial program. The combination of ingredients they are using seems very promising.

I don’t need to lose weight, but i hope it will help to clean intestines and, as a side effect, everything else in the body including the skin.

I know 5 days would be the best, but i never did this before and i am not sure how my body will react.

I will start with 3 days and see how it goes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Why not use a VitaMix and retain the fiber/pulp of the juices? Otherwise youre just throwing it away with a juicer. Gotta have fiber!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Why not use a VitaMix and retain the fiber/pulp of the juices? Otherwise youre just throwing it away with a juicer. Gotta have fiber!

That's the point of juice fasting idea. You get the vitamins without fiber for the time of fasting.

I do have green smoothie every morning. VitaMix is the best tool i ever bought in my life!

But now I want to see if consuming juice ONLY for several days will be as beneficial as they claim it to be.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
It’s Spring time again!

This year i want to try a 3-5 days juice cleansing.

I don’t have any specific health issues. Just want to see how i would feel after getting this vitamin boost instead of regular food for some period of time.

Did anyone try this?

Do you think it’s good or bad idea and why?

I am still deciding between:www.sujajuice.com or http://www.izocleanse.com
Both look very appealing.

Please share your opinion.

Thanks.

Hi, the first web page I can't access -"does not exist or is forbidden", and the second seems to me to be a commercial web page.

I find a big difference when adding, as Chlorophyll has mentioned, Cucumber though I'm not all that keen on juices unless there is some kind of digestive problem... And for me a must is Celery for the vitamin C and antioxidant content. I expect it is the Cucumber that has the sulphur but I can say that I definitely find a taste in my mouth when I make a morning smoothie of cucumber, spinach and celery; and my mood and energy feels it in a positive way.
I would be careful about doing juice cleansing with fruit due to the fructose, I think it is always better to eat the whole fruit for the fructose to enter in a more tranquile mode into the blood stream and prevent inuline spikes.
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=14
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi ATester,

Thanks for the feedback.

The original idea of juice cleansing came from one of my colleagues. His daily eating habits are horrible, so i thought i will support him in his move to the right direction.

Why commercial program? - Because in no way he is going to do it himself. By the way, we ended up choosing our local company - http://www.juicepress.com/cleanses

The two i was initially looking are located in CA and shipping cost more than the juice Smile I also see that just clicking on the link is not working from EDS for some reason. If you want to check it out just copy the address to a new page.

I personally prefer clean water fasting. But it would be unacceptable for my colleague at the moment. Unfortunately i don’t have the enthusiasm and the knowledge of Paul Bragg to talk him into that.

My thought is, any day he is not eating BLT sandwich with macaroni-cheese is a BIG progress!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
An update.

I am on my second day of juice fasting/cleansing or i may agree now with some one who classified it as juice diet.

Anyway, this is definitely not fasting. 6 bottles of juice is a lot of food. First day i even couldn’t finish all 6 of them.

And i am not sure about cleansing effect as well. Some juices have lot’s of pulp. Some are basically a cold soup. How exactly it suppose clean something?

For my friend’s body it is definitely a vacation from all the burgers and pasta he usually consumes.
For me - it’s the same food i usually eat, but in liquid/smoothie form.

See no point in going on with the 3rd day. Yes, this is very healthy, but boring. My morning green smoothies produce almost the same effect, but without me dropping chewing habit. I need something crunchy in my food.

It would be nice to be able to buy a bottle in the morning (they have huge variety of complicated juices and smoothies), but not more than that.

Bottom line - next time i want to clean my body, i water fast.
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Juicing is a wonderful thing to do, but often times when I’ve recommended it in the past to people they are so hesitant for a variety of reasons, and its funny as initially when I was trying to advise people about juicing and smoothies (I’m an advocate of both), there was so much hesitancy to it, and it made me giggle because I had been saying it for years and then close friends started commenting on the “smoothies” thread that is on EDS. It doesn’t have to be one or the other – you can do both and there’s great advantages to doing both too.

To me juicing is a great thing to do first thing in the morning because the juices do not have fibre so hit the bloodstream faster than the smoothies can and do, and as a result if you drink the juice immediately after making them, you are getting all the nutrients fresh. Of course there are different juicers out there as rightly discussed, and you want to ensure you have one that doesn’t heat up and kill the goodies in the vegetables.

I juice daily, and tend to go for a juice as my first meal of the day. I’ve actually been on retreats where you did nothing but juicing all day for at least 21 days and its an amazing experience. 3-5 days isn’t really a long time, but you will be amazed at how when the body realises that its in a routine will start shifting things. Often times we carry around a lot of foods that just rot in our systems, and when you start juicing the process starts to help the body eliminate these and other nasties that may be present within the body. Plus in summer, a fresh juice with icecubes is a hell of a treat and so refreshing and hydrating. However thinking 3 days is sufficient to see the major changes is unrealistic. Its no where near possible, the body is adapting to having that medium presented to it and getting used to the idea of a regular supply, initially its going to be suspicious and unsure of what to do with it, so don’t throw baby out with bathwater.

Another thing I recall reading somewhere is that juicing helps with the skin’s ph levels moreso than smoothies do. I can’t recall the precise explanation why, but it was felt that the juicing had more of an impact on the blood and ph levels of the body than smoothies did.

One of the major benefits with juicing over smoothies is that there is extra energy. With juicing because the body doesn’t need to break it down (because it doesn’t have the fibre) the body actually uses less energy to digest/absorb it. The thing with smoothies is that they do have fibre, and we do need fibre, but when the body attempts to digest and nourish itself with the smoothies it uses energy and resources in the process. With juicing there isn’t that issue.

Chlorophyll is great. I’m a little different with the cucumber though – I personally like cucumbers and for my juicer they are great at helping to clean it during the process. So is celery too. I try to go as green as I can so will use everthing from cucumbers, celery lettuce, kale, spinach, broccoli, wheatgrass, if its green it will go in there.

I know what you mean re buying in bottles, but the sad fact is that the moment you juice something, the air etc starts to have an effect with lessening the vitamins/nutrient quality and heat and sun exposure also do too so the packaging for a nutrient dense juice would take a lot to create and make. Don’t get me wrong, if there was a way of avoiding cleaning my juicer I would take it gladly but so far getting nutrient dense juice into my system is far more important to me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi SeanySeanUK,

Great post! Thank you! It made me re-consider the whole juicing process.

Good point about 3 days isn’t enough. It totally makes sense.

But i am glad i did this experiment. Now i know for sure, that if i ever will have the environment for daily juicing, i am going to do it myself.

Juicing retreat is a dream. May be some day …

At the moment VITAMIX is my best friend!

5% products discount

Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Juicing process is good, But not when you are acidic or if you have any issue with your stomach. Smile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Huh? I thought they said it was very good if you were acidic because it allows the body to rebalance itself? Can you explain more why its not good?
shooterfish wrote:
Juicing process is good, But not when you are acidic or if you have any issue with your stomach. Smile
shooterfish
5% products discount

Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
From what I read, you need to drink your juice first thing in the morning before you eat anything. If you are hyperacidic, you will not be able to take this. It also depends on what you are juicing. Start with cucumber and carrots in the morning. No apples, because in my experience, it can bring acidity. Hope this helps.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |