Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Does anyone know of a good colon cleanser?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Gross, yes. But I imagine after the holidays lots of people are interested. How's Dr. Natura? Worth the money?

Thanks.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
What is a colon cleanser?
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

It's usually some sort of concoction that gives you a good cleaning out, to remove parasites, bacteria and waste that may make you sick, add pounds or in general make you feel bad.

See drnatura.com for one. But I'm not sure I trust it. So I'm asking for recommendations on alternatives.
ablubo80
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
check out this thread. you may find it helpful:)
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=19791&highlight=colonic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I was in Holland & Barrett (UK) today and picked up some natural Aloe Vera colon cleanser tablets in the sale for a bargain £1.79.
Are these suposed to be laxatives? it says to take one before bed.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kanda-

Thanks!

Rosebud-

I dunno about the aloe vera...
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:14 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I was in Holland & Barrett (UK) today and picked up some natural Aloe Vera colon cleanser tablets in the sale for a bargain £1.79.

They do have a laxative effect, yes. I think they are supposed to be a bit better than a straightforward laxative, in that they encourage a more thorough bowel movement.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:28 am      Reply with quote
I tried one the other night before bed....
I awoke the next morning needing to go to the toilet and had one of the best bowel movements (not loose) and it didn't stop there, I went on again later in the day for a repeat performance.
I normally have a senstive stomach and these did not irritate at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:37 am      Reply with quote
I tried OxyPowder capsules, and they were very good-

http://www.oxypowder.com/

Anyone else have any recomendations? I'm up for trying soemthing new.
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I just purchase Blessed Herbs. My DH and I are going to start it next week. I will let you know what I think.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
rosebud wrote:

They do have a laxative effect, yes. I think they are supposed to be a bit better than a straightforward laxative, in that they encourage a more thorough bowel movement.

I drink aloe vera juice (with payapa). I buy it in the health food section of my local Loblaws store. It does say "Good for constipation" on the bottle. However I bought it for a different reason. I have a problem with acid reflux. I am currently on medication (Nexxium) but would prefer not to take it. I was drinking the aloe vera juice (before I was able to get a repeat on the Nexxium prescription.) It worked better than OTC acid relievers. So when I am done with the prescription I will go back to aloe vera juice. If my skin improves, lose weight, or any other miracles I will post!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
autumn95 wrote:
catski wrote:
rosebud wrote:

I drink aloe vera juice (with payapa). I buy it in the health food section of my local Loblaws store. It does say "Good for constipation" on the bottle. However I bought it for a different reason. I have a problem with acid reflux. I am currently on medication (Nexxium) but would prefer not to take it. I was drinking the aloe vera juice (before I was able to get a repeat on the Nexxium prescription.) It worked better than OTC acid relievers. So when I am done with the prescription I will go back to aloe vera juice. If my skin improves, lose weight, or any other miracles I will post!

hi autumn95.

I found that Noni juice very first thing in the mornings ( pure noni juice, not diluted with fruit juices) plus a tbsp apple cider vinegar in a cup of hot water instead of tea or cofee in the morning, plus giving up coffee and alcohol, taking probiotics, and using a green powder supplement, got rid of my acid reflux. If you can learn to like camomile tea and peppermint tea, that helps too. Plus no sugary foods.
After a strict period of this, you can re- introduce some alcohol and other stimulants that are acidic, like tea etc,and give up the noni juice, and then monitor you're reaction eventually quite intuitively without resorting to medications.

In the case of needing immediate relief, slippery elm tablets are fabulous, as are charcoal tablets.

rosebud, those aloe vera tabs are great, I have used them before. actually they also do a 'digestaid' line which has fennel and other calming herbs, which are great for acid reflux.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
catski, do you find peppermint tea helps with acid reflux? my gastroenterologist said to avoid all things in the mint family, so I haven't gone near it since, and I miss it. I have found that ginger tea works great though.

I am definitely going to try the aloe though, never heard of that!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
catski, do you find peppermint tea helps with acid reflux? my gastroenterologist said to avoid all things in the mint family, so I haven't gone near it since, and I miss it. I have found that ginger tea works great though.

I am definitely going to try the aloe though, never heard of that!

hi waffle.No, I dont think it does a thing on it's own at all for those of us that suffer acid reflux. BUT when you pull back your whole system from hyperacidity,and the acid reflux no longer is ocurring, it is good for the digestion. I also have a bottle of peppermint EO for digestion, and put a drop on my tongue. Ginger is very good, yes. When I'm feeling acidic, I make a fresh juice of carrot, beet and fresh ginger and it really does feel good and strengthening.
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
I was actually considering a professional colon cleansing (where they put water up there). Yes...gross, I know. But, I'd heard that a lot of waste material can be stored up there. I talked to my Dr. before doing it, and I'm glad I did! She said that there is no where for material to be stored...so if I was getting enough fiber, and having regular bowel movements... I was OK. I am thinking about a whole body detox though...using some pills or something. So, if you know anything about that..I'd love to hear it!
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Have you heard of the Lemonade Diet? It's also called the Master Cleanse, and is meant to be a detox.

You'll find lots of info online.
Flymech1

Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

Sorry to drag a (very) old thread up but I was wondering if the Aloe Vera Colon Cleanse from Holland and Barrett was any good or not? I have a friend doing the Psoriasis Revolution thing and he has askede what I think of the H&B colon cleanse.... I'm a big fan of Aloe Vera for both internal and external use but I don't know anyone who has used this specific product. Fancy laxative or noticeable difference?

Thanks

Glen.

P.S. I hope no-one here done the crazy lemonade diet!!!

Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
drinking 2 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil - gross, yes - make sure you have marshmallows or a small piece of chocolate handy because the taste really leaves nothing to be desired. I tried it only once continuously for 2 weeks and it had a good effect on my bowel movement as well as some skin problems. Of course, it is always good to consult your doctor first Smile
crueltyfreemakeupz

Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
oh i have heard of tons of organic ones but i am stuck in analysis paralysis so i just try stuff i find at the local shop

5% products discount

Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Colosan Powder works, it also comes in capsules too.
I bought mine on-line from The Finchley Clinic
x
Mabsy

Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:22 am      Reply with quote
For a proper full cleanse - Magnesium Oxide powder and lots of water. It's one of the ingredients you get for colonoscopy prep (which cleans everything out...).

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |