Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Is there a cure for undereye bags?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
My eyebrows are naturally thin and the color is so light they barely show up. I'll take care not to get it in my brows anymore! I can't believe this is the first time I've heard this with all the reading I do! Thanks a bunch ladies!

-Cheri
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
If you do get it in your eyebrows phredd4, either wipe off with a moist tissue, it will take some time to change the colour, if it does you can always disguise it with eyebrow pencil Cool
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Winnie]
Cheri,
I put a very small amount of Mineral Prep all around my eye area before putting on the Okusil. I only avoid the lid. At times it has got on my lid without any problem. Seeing they don't recommend it for the lid I do try to stay away from it.[/quote]

I always wondered why they say not on the lid on various products. For a while I heard that some creams penetrate the lid and can cause problems with your sight. Shock Don't know if that's correct or not.

Then I've heard that putting the wrong things on the delicate skin around the eye can cause wrinkles, but looks like it would apply to the whole orbital area, not just the lid.

I've been applying the ES Argireline Serum to the entire eye area, including the lid for 9 months now and it has actually tightened the area so that my hooded eye appearance is much better. Since it's working, I guess I'll just keep on doing what I've been doing. If it's not broke, don't fix it. Wink

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:

I can relate to you. Eye bags are a family trait that was passed on to me. Mine are the hardest bags to help as they are fat deposits. Okusil is the only product that has helped me. Although I will never be totally bag free due to fat deposits, the Okusil has firmed up the area under my eyes so the bags look so much better and my eyes younger.

If you don't have fat deposits under your eyes the Okusil should totally get rid of the smelling,

Winnie....

Was that last statment supposed to be "swelling", not "smelling"? I know we were talking somewhere about Strivectin-D smelling, but I figured your statement here was a typo?

Today, I was talking to a aesthetician about the mesotherapy injections I am having to reduce fat deposits at the jowls and to firm up the neck area. She told me that the treatment that she personally had the best results with in firming and reducing fat deposits was Endermologie treatments. That is an FDA approved machine that sort of vacuums and rolls over your skin. It supposedly displaces the fat deposits so they can be excreted from the body. I put endermologie in my search engine and a report I read said that it dissolves the fat without harming the other areas of the skin.

Site shows pictures of the body before and after treatments and the benefits are quite impressive.

Although the esthetician says they can do treatments on the face, I have never seen pictures of that and all the reports show bodies, not facial area.

She says it can be done on the eye area, but my concern would be that the "vacuuming" would be too harsh for the eye area and could stretch that skin.

You might do some searches on it and see what you come up with and I'll keep looking at it and talk to a person who does it and see if she has any literature as to it's effects on the eye area.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Embarassed I got right in there and edited my post. I hate not having a spell check!!!

Thanks for passing that on Judy. Very interesting...will read up on it. So many woman ask about getting rid of bags. There is a hugh difference in fluid retention, allergies and FAT DEPOSITS. I am thankful my under eye area is firm. I wear glasses and look much younger with them on.

Welcome back.
gaffer
5% products discount

Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:07 am      Reply with quote
hi happygirl, i have had slight bags all my life along with dark circles under my eyes. i have tried many different things since being a teenager (now am 36 yrs). i recently came across information regarding caffeine. it said to try tea bags, that the caffeine draws the water out from the bags. read this 3 days ago. i have tried it for the last 2 mornings for 5 mins. 1 tea bag each eye moistened with warm water. it worked. i kind of just fold the tea bag under my eye and hold it so that the tea bag just sits on the eye part that is bagged and not all over my eye. in fact it probably wasn't even on for 5 min. and i see huge results. no bags at all just a little bit of dark circles. this has totally rid me of eye bags and toned down my under eye circles lots (just for the day or will it last into tommorrow?) the reason i hold the tea bag just on the the part that is bagged is just in case it possibly could suck out any moisture i don't want it to especially because the cream i use is not cheap. so try it i believe in it. good luck, wahoooooo! gaffer p.s. if anyone can say why this is not good please reply. but many cosmetic cream companies are using caffeine in their eye cream now ex vichy.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Gotta be worth a try, thanks Gaffa and Hello wave
Voursez

Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the help. Well, there is some expensive solutions, so i think im gonna try the tea-bags first.. I like being a cheap-ass.. Laughing
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Make sure you you report back. Cool
espypolo

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
bags are awful. i look ten times worse then all my friends all the time, no matter the amount of sleep i get. is there anything i can do at home or like a mask i can make with things i can find at home?
adelinechia

Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:20 am      Reply with quote
There is 4 way i know that so far that work pretty well to remove eye bags and i quite like the 4th 1 that work amazingly
check them out
1. Go potato: Slice a raw potato (after refrigerating for a couple of minutes) into two and circle the closed eyes gently with those halves. Place it on your eyes so that it also covers the puffed ares under your eyes and leave it like that for 15-20 minutes. You'll notice a tremendous change in those bags as they'll be diminished in size.
2. Milky way: If you have extremely puffed up eyes this is the regular regime that you will have to follow. Dip cotton pads in chilled milk and place on your eyelids and relax for 20-30 minutes. This well help your eyes in water retention and it would also cool them off .
3. Oily help: Take chilled water in a bowl and add a few drops of vitamin E oil to it, now mix the two well. Dip cotton pads in this mixture and place on the eyes for 20 minutes, this well help in reducing the swelling around the eyes.
4. check out this video of the magical serum that remove eye bag instanly like magic
i'm personally using it and it and i LOVE IT! gone are those eye bag phew
video:
youtube <dot> com/watch?v=Us97EHZwe_E
you can get them from here:
tinyurl <dot> com/nomoreeyebag1
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I find that Retin A helps.
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
The best product I;ve found for eye bags and dark circles is Isomers R Pur for Eyes. It runs $35. I use it at night and a bottle lasts me a long time. Here's the product info:

What is it?

Targeted serum for the entire eye contour. For temperamental and mature skin.

Intensive - yet super lightweight. Boasting germinating soy, soy isoflavones, genistein and technological extracts to help transform the visible eye contour. For a tighter, brighter and younger-looking eye contour.

Who is it for?

Those with chronic under eye puffiness that is caused by a shift of the fat pad below the eye.

Why is it unique/different?

Formula targets entire eye contour and fat pads under the eye area

Broad spectrum formula for the entire eye contour

Dark Circle
Fine Wrinkles
Eyelid Flaccidity
Puffiness
Lower Eyelid Fat Pads

Anti oxidant protection for brighter looking skin
Uses soy DNA to replenish mature skin.
Hydrating to sooth, dry, dehydrated and delicate skin sensitivity
Fragrance free, paraben free

Contains:

Pure extracts from Soy: Germinating Soy, Soy Isoflavones and Genistein, Phosphatidylcholine, Soy Symbiozomes

Targets mature, temperamental, skin ages 45 and up
Dramatically helps reduce the look of visible skin damage
Improvement in skin lipid content: (supports ceramides)
Improvement in skin elasticity
Improvement in skin hydration
Decrease in skin roughness
Decrease in skin ruddiness
Wrinkle Smoothing
Anti oxidant protection – helps brighten the skin and even out color

Bio peptide CL™: Palmitoyl Oligopeptide

Targets many aspects of skin wrinkles
Reduces visible wrinkle length and depth
Smooths skin surface
Alternative to Vitamin A without harmful side effects.
Firms the skin
Positive stimulant to the skin surface

Soy Sterols
Targets Skin Appearance:

Improvement in skin elasticity
Improvement in skin hydration
Decrease in skin roughness
Wrinkle Smoothing
Improvement in skin lipid content

Targets Collagen Renewal

Formulation contains fibroblast messenger peptide to target collagen renewal

Haloxyl™

Helps reduce the look of dark circles to even out skin tone

EyeResolution™

Anti eye bag ingredients to help smooth out under eye contours

BioSkinup™ Contour

Targets dark circles and smooth out puffiness

Dedicated delivery system – “transdermal Q”

Aids in penetration and product performance
Better skin care for younger looking skin

Liquid Crystal Olive Base

Enhanced moisturizer and delivery system
Lamellar gel short and long term hydration
“Once a day application”
Keeps skin moist longer, excellent for dry skin
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Which "Prep" product and which Phytomer "Contour" product is being mentioned here? I know this is an older thread so maybe these products have been re-named?
Lisiana
5% products discount

Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Voursez, There are various prodcutin market like Eyevage, Eye Bright, Phytomer Eye Contour Cream, etc. But I would like to recommend you to try Eyevage a scientifically proven prodcut.It deeply moisturizers and plumps up eye area skin to reduce the visibility of multiple signs of skin aging, including wrinkles, fine lines, and crow's feet.
sar9876
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I found that getting more sleep, better diet, fixing allergies helped a bit to solve the cause, then retin a fixed the leftover!! Really helps though it's gradual.
mansi123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I had read somewhere long time ago that rubbing/rolling the under eye skin between fingers will break the connective tissue and thicken skin eventually..

Mansi
OrangeBanana

Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:43 am      Reply with quote
I use to get bags under my eyes but than I started putting a face cream before I went to sleep and getting more sleep and it fixed the problem.
prettyplease

Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:07 am      Reply with quote
I took benadryl one night to help me sleep and woke up with deflated bags. I take it a few nights a week and it really helps.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
has any tried the HA with dermaroller?

5% products discount

Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Most people get bags under their eyes at some point during their lives. When the skin around the eyes appears puffy the reason is generally that the thin skin around the eye is retaining excess water. This occurs when the body is retaining excess water in general.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |