Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tria's new laser product for just eyes - Precision
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Nikossmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for posting. I may end up buying the Tria Eye soon.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I plan on getting it too, however since it just came out, I'm going to wait a year, just like the Tria ADL, the price drops significantly after the product has been out, and I dont mean on Tria's site, I mean on eBay where you can buy second hand or even brand new ones at a discounted price. You can find brand new Tria ADLs on eBay for like $300, Tria still sells for $495, what they started at years ago when it came out!
Albina

Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the Tria Age Defying facial laser for almost one and a half years and never really had problems with redness or swelling even on Level 3. However, I just purchased their precision laser (have used it twice) and find it very painful. Additionally, my skin becomes reddened and swollen immediately after my nightly treatment and it is still evident the next day when I wake up. I am using the recommended post laser eye cream and it does not alleviate the side effects. In fact I had to apply ice to my lower lids this morning to reduce the swelling. I am hoping this is temporary otherwise I will be returning it. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed these issues.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Albina wrote:
I have used the Tria Age Defying facial laser for almost one and a half years and never really had problems with redness or swelling even on Level 3. However, I just purchased their precision laser (have used it twice) and find it very painful. Additionally, my skin becomes reddened and swollen immediately after my nightly treatment and it is still evident the next day when I wake up. I am using the recommended post laser eye cream and it does not alleviate the side effects. In fact I had to apply ice to my lower lids this morning to reduce the swelling. I am hoping this is temporary otherwise I will be returning it. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed these issues.

Albina, when I was researching the product, it seems some people had this effect. Some people are simply more prone to erythema (reddening of skin) and swelling. To be honest, to me, that means the product is working. It is a laser, so it's not going to feel good, however if the pain is too much for you to take then it is probably a good idea to return. Seems like you dont like using it, and its uncomfortable for you.

I am glad to hear this, as I believe that when it comes to laser products, there should be some stinging/irritation and swelling, it shows that the laser is penetrating the skin and is powerful, thus hopefully giving the results most people want.

I am definitely going to order this eye laser once the prices drop and it can be found cheaper on eBay, there is only 1 on eBay and it's selling for 238.99 + 10 tax, which isnt bad, but it's only 249 on their site, and thats with a 3 month money back guarantee, so I'd rather wait for the price to drop on these, I'd totally pick one up second hand for $150.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the Tria eye wrinkle laser today on eBay. Found a brand new one, paid $200.00. Beats paying over $270 (with tax) from Tria or Sephora. Hopefully I'll get it this weekend. I'll let you know how I feel about it. I also placed my Tria age defying laser up for sale on Ebay. Hoping to get $275-300 for it. Paid $540 including tax for it back in December 2013. That'll pay for the eye laser and also put some cash in my pocket. I also dusted my areAura off and plugged it in to charge, going to do a treatment cycle and avoid the eye area which I will treat with the new TRIA eye laser I ordered. We will see, there's no need for me to have Tria's age defying laser and the ReAura, so since the ReAura is so rare, bye bye to the Tria.
birdlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:04 am      Reply with quote
I just bought the Tria Eye wrinkle laser --- I couldn't resist, since I have the Age Defying (whole face) laser, and I love it. So, I snapped up an eye wrinkle laser as soon as I could afford it. It does sting more than the full face treatment, but I don't find it terribly uncomfortable. It's nowhere near as painful as the PaloVia, which I also have, but rarely use. (I never got very good results from the Palo Via, either, for what it's worth.)

I've had better results from my Tria laser than from pretty much anything else I've done, short of in-office derm procedures (fillers, botox, etc.) I'm also still a fan of dermarolling, and would very much like to get a Derminator one of these days.

I can't say yet how the results will be, as this is my first week of use of the eye laser -- but so far, so good Smile I've had very good overall results with the Age Defying Laser -- particularly with skin-tone -- it cleared up my mild-hyperpigmentation with the first round of use, and it just gets better from there.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:29 am      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:

I also dusted my areAura off

I meant ReAura lol. By the way, after just 1 ReAura treatment I did on Saturday night, my skin looks better already, crazy how quickly it sort of makes your skin snap back into that glow. My face looked almost slightly swollen and still flushed yesterday and has a healthy glow today, albeit a bit pink still. Gonna do another treatment on Thurs and try to keep up with the 2x weekly treatments for 8 weeks.

birdlove wrote:
I just bought the Tria Eye wrinkle laser --- I couldn't resist, since I have the Age Defying (whole face) laser, and I love it. So, I snapped up an eye wrinkle laser as soon as I could afford it. It does sting more than the full face treatment, but I don't find it terribly uncomfortable. It's nowhere near as painful as the PaloVia, which I also have, but rarely use. (I never got very good results from the Palo Via, either, for what it's worth.)

I've had better results from my Tria laser than from pretty much anything else I've done, short of in-office derm procedures (fillers, botox, etc.) I'm also still a fan of dermarolling, and would very much like to get a Derminator one of these days.

I can't say yet how the results will be, as this is my first week of use of the eye laser -- but so far, so good Smile I've had very good overall results with the Age Defying Laser -- particularly with skin-tone -- it cleared up my mild-hyperpigmentation with the first round of use, and it just gets better from there.

Glad to see other people are hopping on the Tria eye laser train. I couldn't resist either, I had to get one. I really like the idea of a laser that targets the eye area, I already have the ReAura and the Tria ADL (selling the Tria ADL on eBay) so I already have the entire face laser (with the ReAura), but one that specifically targets the small areas of the eye seems like a good addition to my skincare arsenal.

I should hopefully have it by Monday 9/14, and hopefully again I can sell my Tria ADL (face laser) for around $300. I already got my first bid on it for $270, thats what I started my bidding at, so at least I know I'm getting at least 270 lol.

I also owned the Palovia about 1.5-2 years ago and found it to be okay, it was powerful, but it seemed like it wasn't a well tuned device, meaning it was almost too strong and aggressive, maybe the treatment regime was too aggressive. My eyes most of the time just looked bad during treatment, and after the welts and dryness went away, there wasn't that much improvement to warrant that sort of bad reaction. It was just okay. I sold it about a year after buying it, for more money than I bought it for! I actually almost bought a Palovia laser on Sunday for $150 and almost clicked purchase; I wanted a laser that specifically treated around the eye area, but then found the Tria eye laser for $200 new, bought the Tria. With the Palovia, I sort of felt "been there done that" I didnt favor the machine all that much. I'm hoping the new Tria eye laser will help zap some my deeper lines around my eyes that are setting in now that I am in my late 30s.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:07 am      Reply with quote
It should be here Friday, having it delivered to my office building! Excited to try the eye laser. I've heard nothing but good things from online sources.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Just updating, sorry I am posting so much. I got the eye laser today in the mail at work! A day earlier than expected, nice surprise.

It came in a cute little box, much smaller than I expected. Included inside was a Sephora gift card (not sure of the amount but YAY) as well as a box of TRIA pre-laser skin wipes (interesting) and a sample of the TRIA after serum (which I've already used with the Tria ADL). Didnt open it yet, box is in mint condition so I can see it was handled well. I am always a bit nervous buying products from third party sellers, especially new products.

The clear small circle stickers that seal the box closed, they look like they've already been slit and resealed with new stickers, sort of a red flag that it's been opened, even though it was listed as new in box. I think I know the story with these and why they've been showing up on eBay.

A few weeks ago, I messaged a member that was selling an eye laser, to ask if it was brand new and unused. The member told me that the people that were chosen to do the 3 month trial before it hit the shelves, they were sent a tester in the beginning and once the trial was over, Tria had them send the tester laser back and then sent brand new lasers as a Gift to everyone that participated.

Seems weird, dont you think Tria wouldve just had them keep the tester? I'm not sure if this is the truth or not, however I guess when I get home and open it up I'll see if it looks like it's been used. It can't be a tester though I'm thinking because of the Sephora gift card and the samples. When I went on Tria to order, there was a special offer "ORDER NOW AND GET A SEPHORA GIFT CARD", also, once you put the laser into your online cart, it would give you the option of choosing samples to be included with your order, and my box came with samples AND the gift card.

There are no returns with this particular seller, however it probably still has the 1 year warranty (I'm hoping), in case there are issues. I'm very excited to take it home and charge it up. Just 1 minute each eye, each night? Piece of cake. Let's just hope it works.

Also, I got another bid on my Tria ADL that's on ebay, price is going up! It's already paid for the eye laser and some cash on top of that!

SORRY FOR WRITING SO MUCH! You can tell I'm excited to use it. I'm sure all of us here are familiar with that "new gadget excitement", especially something regarding skin care.
KittyCurioso

Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi EC413,

What do you think of the eye laser? I was on the fence about buying one, but I just watched the video on the Tria website. I was on the fence, because I thought it couldn't be used under the eye, but "around the eye" in the perorbital region. I already have the larger tria laser, which I use in that area already. Btw... I love the tria age defying laser. It's the best purchase I have ever made. I like it much better than my derminator.

I'm glad that you are an enthusiastic poster. I enjoy reading your thoughts on gadgets, because I'm a bit of a junkie myself.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:11 am      Reply with quote
KittyCurioso wrote:
Hi EC413,

What do you think of the eye laser? I was on the fence about buying one, but I just watched the video on the Tria website. I was on the fence, because I thought it couldn't be used under the eye, but "around the eye" in the perorbital region. I already have the larger tria laser, which I use in that area already. Btw... I love the tria age defying laser. It's the best purchase I have ever made. I like it much better than my derminator.

I'm glad that you are an enthusiastic poster. I enjoy reading your thoughts on gadgets, because I'm a bit of a junkie myself.

Hello Kitty,

Well bad news lol, I opened it up, plugged it in to charge, and it blinked for about 20 minutes until the charge light became solid green (solid means fully charged) I unplugged it, turned it on and used it on one eye. All seemed to be going well, until the device started vibrating out of nowhere, shut off and wont power back on OR charge. Ive already contacted the ebay member and they said they will send another this week, I also emailed tria explaining my issue. I read a few reviews on sephora, a few people left reviews saying their laser died after a week or two, and the same symptoms as mine, no charging, no powering on, no light. So it seems to me Tria has a bad batch of these. I am hoping it all gets figured out and I get a replacement, as I paid $200 for this and refuse to accept a dud. We will see what happens.

While it was working for the minute that it worked lol, it felt like a pretty strong device. It sounded similar to the palovia, like a clicking noise when the laser was being emitted. I only got to treat one eye, lol. There was slight discomfort but nothing too crazy, I also have a high pain tolerance though.

I will keep you all updated, wish me luck on getting a replacement! It's a shame tria seems to have some issue with quality control and sending out dud units. Makes me nervous that the next one I get may die as well.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
So I contacted TRIA, they wrote back within the hour trying to troubleshoot but when they heard that it wasn't blinking at all they said something's wrong and I'm just like yeah I know it's a dud lol. The Ebay member actually purchased this from TRIA it even came with a packing slip from TRIA with the buyers address under billing and my name under shipping. Also, this laser shipped from CA, where the tria office is. The member lives in Indiana. So oddly enough even though I paid 200, it was purchased directly from tria and shipped to me. TRIA is going to be sending a FedEx label to return this laser, then I guess whenever they receive it, they'll ship out a replacement. Let's hope the next one lives past a minute, geeze! What a bummer but at least I didn't get screwed.
Nikossmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, what a weird ebay experience. I hope that you get a unit that works well soon.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Nikossmile wrote:
Wow, what a weird ebay experience. I hope that you get a unit that works well soon.

Haha I know however I guess at least it worked out in my favor, I sent the dud back to TRIA Monday and it should get there tomorrow, hoping they send the new laser by this work week so I can get it early next week. I can't wait to give it a try, we will see. Again lets hope this new one doesn't die.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Have to say, Tria's customer service has been excellent. My dud Tria was returned to Tria's office in Dublin, CA on last Wed, they sent out the replacement to me in Los Angeles on Friday, and it just arrived today, so quick replacement!

They also included a free full size bottle of the NEW eye renewal serum ($65), with the metal applicator tip, the shipment also had a personalized letter apologizing for the mishap and letting me know they included the free serum and a tip that the serum is best kept in the fridge so the metal applicator tip is nice and cold to soothe the eye area after treating.

So, lets try this again lol. Gonna take it home (almost off work) and charge it up and try to treat my eyes tonight for 1 min each eye. Let's hope it doesn't die! And again, kudos to Tria for the excellent customer service.

After treating tonight I will let you all know how I feel. Looking forward to doing a full treatment with it!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Well, this one lasted more than 25 seconds lol. Did 1 minute under each eye then applied the eye serum (thanks Tria), I said this earlier but it sounds so similar to the Palovia when youre using it, although a little quieter, it has a similar clicking noise. Pain afterward is quite minimal, some redness but whatever redness I have will most certainly be gone in the morning by the way it looks. We will see what my eyes look like weeks down the road. It's pretty fun to use, and fun to watch the lights glow, I need to get the circular motion down, I felt sometimes it would drag against the skin, I may have been going too fast. So far, I like it! This laser was worth the 200 I paid thats for sure, plus with the 50$ giftcard the free samples and a complimentary free full bottle of the eye serum, this is a pretty good deal. I'll look forward to my treatment each night.
AdaBrown

Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
precision is what needed for the improvement of eye around skin as this area are very sensitive, or the wrinkle will be worsened by the product for general recovery.

Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, this is my first post. I hope it goes on the Tria listing. Ive been reading EC413,thank you so much for all the info, and others too. I ordered mine from the Tria site,and am expecting this week. They also added a makeup bag, eyelash curler (eyelash curler ? lol) and a sample of the finishing cream. I'm 67 and have bags and some wrinkling,ugh. I will post my results too.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
29thirty wrote:
Hello, this is my first post. I hope it goes on the Tria listing. Ive been reading EC413,thank you so much for all the info, and others too. I ordered mine from the Tria site,and am expecting this week. They also added a makeup bag, eyelash curler (eyelash curler ? lol) and a sample of the finishing cream. I'm 67 and have bags and some wrinkling,ugh. I will post my results too.

Of course, that's why I made this post! To inform anyone who is interested about new/upcoming anti-aging products and to share my experiences with them. I am always up for being a guinea pig and for trying out products even when they just hit the shelves! Glad you ordered your eye laser! If it ends up dying out like mine did, contact Tria right away and they will replace it...but you should be fine, I think it's just a rare occurrence that these die, probably a wiring (electric) issue in some of the units. Fortunately they have a 1 year warranty.

Anyways, this morning I woke up, no redness at all. Can't even tell I did anything, no discomfort or pain. The small red marks that were lightly apparent last night are gone. Hopefully this thing is strong enough! Lol. What I sincerely love about this device is how quick and easy it is. 1 minute each eye equaling two minutes, is SUPER easy to stick to, you can do it in the moments before you lay down for bed, slather on some eye cream and get your beauty rest. It really is so simple and I think overtime it will yield results. Anything that is easy to stick to, I highly recommend!

Will keep you all posted about my experiences, and yes anyone else, please feel free to chime in with questions or comments!
29thirty

Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I got my Tria today,it is so small.It came with a pkg of cleansing cloths,and eyelash curler and sample packs of firming,and a silver makeup bag.I paid $249 and $12 shipping. I was nervous trying it.But went ok.It didnt hurt a lot and as EC.. said feels like a mild sunburn so far.I kept the box and packing slip just in case it quits. Good night all.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
29thirty wrote:
I got my Tria today,it is so small.It came with a pkg of cleansing cloths,and eyelash curler and sample packs of firming,and a silver makeup bag.I paid $249 and $12 shipping. I was nervous trying it.But went ok.It didnt hurt a lot and as EC.. said feels like a mild sunburn so far.I kept the box and packing slip just in case it quits. Good night all.

I said the same thing, it's so tiny! It's like the size of an asthma inhaler or something, such a cute little thing. And its amazing how they can pack that sort of device into such a small package.

I used it in the AM the other day before work (I didnt fit it in the night before). I was able to go into work without using any sort of cover up, there was maybe slight pinkness to my under eye area but nothing that got weird looks from coworkers.

I hope this thing is strong enough! Lol, maybe I am just comparing it too much to the Palovia, which would leave red welts for days after treating. This is much more gentle, and I am sure because it is used daily, it's sort of that "slowly but surely" method of treatment.

I think my eyes are looking a bit tighter, been only about 4-5 uses and I swear my eye area looks a bit different. Maybe again its the temporary plumping effect but it looks different, can't say much about the wrinkling, I don't have heavy wrinkling, but definitely some crows feet from my years of sun and smoking.

I do recommend this though, over something like the Palovia. The Palovia packs a punch but I almost believe it is too strong. The under eye zone is delicate and the Tria eye laser seems to treat it more delicately.

Anyways, will continue to update you all. I believe on Tria's site they now have a promotion, if your order the laser and use a code, you get a free bottle of the new eye renewal serum.

We will see what this little baby laser does...
29thirty

Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I missed last night and will do it today, since you didn't have any problems. I too think I see a bit of improvement. I had a small broken blood vein, a little spot and it seems to be getting lighter. I will check in each week I guess. Best of luck to us.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:56 am      Reply with quote
29thirty wrote:
I missed last night and will do it today, since you didn't have any problems. I too think I see a bit of improvement. I had a small broken blood vein, a little spot and it seems to be getting lighter. I will check in each week I guess. Best of luck to us.

Yeah, everyone's skin reacts differently, but my skin seems tough enough to take this treatment well. I even (even though I shouldn't have) did two treatments Saturday, AM and PM, spaced about 14 hours apart, my eyes looked kinda red still Sunday, so I skipped yesterday. Not even sure why I doubled up on treatments Saturday, I guess I was testing to see what I could take.

Anyways, I do have hope in this device, seems like its a powerful little laser and should improve the under eye area for sure, with time of course.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
By the way, my eye area indeed looks improved. Nothing drastic, but its less hollowed out, puffiness that I occasionally have hasn't really been apparent except first thing some mornings, and the skin looks more taught. Lines don't seem much different yet, but I don't except the lines to completely erase, and that quickly. But overall, the area is improved and it hasn't even been a week of use.
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I received my Tria eye laser today and used it tonight. It does sting a bit! I wondered if this would work on lip lines? I'm going to try it. Also , I had a problem making the little circles as was demonstrated in the pamphlet. It really didn't want to glide! This has to be used on clean dry skin, right? How do you all glide it? I ended up moving it in a straight line a crossed the under eye. My eye skin looks a little beat up right now, even with the post laser cream .

Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |