Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
My Obagi journey..need your support :-)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
riceball
5% products discount

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:08 am      Reply with quote
This will not be the first time for me to use Obagi Nu-derm system. The first time I used Obagi was maybe 4 or 5 yrs. ago.During those times I had a mild problem on my face due to Acne scars on my left cheek and some pimples.I want to have a clear skin just like when I was a teenager. I was in my mid 20's when my face was attacked with Acne. So I decided to consult a local dermatologist and I remember I had the facial procedure and then the dermatologist suggested Obagi Nu-derm system for me. I used the system to the very last drop and I achieved a youthful,clearer,blemish free skin. Although the acne scars was still there. I wasn't bothered because my face looks nicer than the way it was before.

And then now on my early 30's.. I am having troubles with my skin again. I suffered from I guess hormone imbalance,stress and have been having problems with Acne again. I decided to go back to Obagi Nu-derm again which I just ordered online and start with the system again.I am hopeful that Obagi would work well. I am excited and I'm going to use these products religiously.
Feb.22, 2011 I decided to start with my Obagi skin care and make use of these high quality medical products. I am reassuring myself that after 4-6 weeks I would visibly see and feel an improvement on my face. I am highly expecting positive results just like the first time I used these products 5 yrs. ago.

So my beauty slash skin care regimen steps are :
Step 1: Foaming Gel
Step 2: Toner
Step 3: Clear
Step 4: Exfoderm Forte
Step 5: Healthy Skin Protection SPF 35

and I use the Blender and Tretinoin 0.05 % at night.

I am using Obagi Nu-derm System Normal to Oily .There's something about Obagi that I always feel good after I use this products. Maybe because it's my attitude that I think at the end of this process. I would have a beautiful,youthful,blemish free face again!

And today is the 11th day of the Obagi Nu-derm system. I noticed that my skin is getting a little bright. I don't flake much and maybe it's because of the low percentage of Tretinoin that I am using which is only 0.5 %. I kinda regret not getting the higher percentage.
I hate the look of my face right now. It definitely makes me conscious when I am talking to people and when they noticed my acne. It's a disaster !!! I am hoping Obagi can clean up the red/brown spots as soon as possible. I am not losing hope !
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:41 am      Reply with quote
I hope the Nu-derm goes well for you. Have you thought about continuing the tretinoin after the Nu-derm time is up--because then you might be able to maintain the results?

Wishing you luck!

5% products discount

Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:06 am      Reply with quote
thank you for the good luck.I am actually still on my 12th day with the Nu-derm so I can't say anything yet about the Tretinoin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
We're with you, Riceball! Smile I know it's a tough system with some unpleasant effects in the beginning, but I'm sure you'll be glad you did it (again!)

Are you planning on the recommended 18 week regimen?

5% products discount

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
thank you Kims for the support and for the comment. Yes, I am planning to do it until 18 weeks. And maybe continue to do it for maintenance.
I have a question right now and I really need someone to help me if anyone here knows about it.I am currently looking at *bay for Clarisonic Mia and would like to ask if I should get the Normal head or brush for it or the sensitive brush alone would work well. The seller is willing to switch the sensitive to normal if I want it.

Pls. help me if you can. thank you !

5% products discount

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
We appreciate your feedback about the Nu-Derm system. I am on my 2nd stint with it and have benefited in a big way so far. I am past the 18 weeks and it took a bit of tinkering to get the right maintenance program for my skin. Once you have completed the 18 weeks - do not stop trying, you need some kind of maintenance program..
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
amanda19 wrote:
We appreciate your feedback about the Nu-Derm system. I am on my 2nd stint with it and have benefited in a big way so far. I am past the 18 weeks and it took a bit of tinkering to get the right maintenance program for my skin. Once you have completed the 18 weeks - do not stop trying, you need some kind of maintenance program..

Totally agree!! Maintenance is a very important part of the program. I certainly don't want to start at Square #1 if I don't have to!

Riceball,
I think you'll be okay with either head on the Clarisonic. I used the "normal" one all through my Obagi regimen.

5% products discount

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:37 am      Reply with quote
amanda19 wrote:

thanks Amanda.. can you share your maintenance program with us ? I am interested to learn.

5% products discount

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:18 am      Reply with quote
This is what seems to work for my skin condition:
I use Clear between 4-5 times a week. Always use that with the Retin A to control my acne. Use Blender only 2-3 times per week. I obviously cleanse and tone every morning and evening. I use Exforderm on opposite days as Blender again like 2-3 times per week. This works well for me and has helped maintain a good complexion...But I feel tinker with things a bit for yourself and you will get it right...
riceball
5% products discount

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys,
I just want to share that I have been using Obagi nu-derm now for 17th day.But my face doesn't seem to peel. Any ideas why my face won't peel ? The tretinoin that I'm using is only 0.05 %..
Hope to hear from you guys.thank you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:43 am      Reply with quote
riceball wrote:
Hi guys,
I just want to share that I have been using Obagi nu-derm now for 17th day.But my face doesn't seem to peel. Any ideas why my face won't peel ? The tretinoin that I'm using is only 0.05 %..

Riceball,
How much of the product are you using? Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones who can escape all that peeling!

5% products discount

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:45 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
riceball wrote:
Hi guys,

Riceball,
How much of the product are you using? Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones who can escape all that peeling!

you think so kims ? I apply quite some,but not too much,not too thrifty either Very Happy The first time I used Obagi, it was like 2004 or 2005 I experienced a lot of peeling.But I forgot when it started,if it's in the beginning,middle or the last part of the system. I had reddish face and it hurt too. But now, none..I wonder why..

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Riceball,
Check the Obagi sales list on EDS. There's a guide to Nuderm and you can see if you're using the recommended amounts.

5% products discount

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:54 am      Reply with quote
hi Obagians !!

It's Day 20 of my Obagi Nuderm regimen and I am thinking of ordering in advance for another set.But I would like to ask if you would suggest Obagi Vit.C serum for me and what percent should I get ?

I am currently using all of this products.
Foaming Gel
Toner
Clear
Exfoderm Forte
Blender

Healthy Skin Pro. SPF
Tretinoin Cream 0.05%

I just want to order in advance before the bottles empty. WOuld you recommend Vitamin C serum for me and if you do, how do I use it ?

Many thanks and I hope to hear from you guys.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
It's Day 31 for me and I noticed new acne, blackheads and my blemishes/acne red spots/scars are still not clear.

I would like to try to add Obagi Vit.C serum 20% and order Retin A in 1.0 %.. I am only using the least percent which is .05 %.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I have just had recommended and bought obagi tretinoin cream 0.05% and obagi blender with the professional c serum, very expensive. I had gone for a consultation re c02 laser and was recommended to do this as a prep, my concerns are some scarring and blocked and open pores. We are going away, not to a sunny climate but what I wanted to know is should I hang fire before starting these treatments and what sort of side effects to expect? I also work so wondered whether to start these in the holidays when I can hide Shock
InSweetTime
5% products discount

Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I would like to know the same. Do any of you plan to use the entire system through the summer? If so, do you live in a very sunny climate?
3tm
5% products discount

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I would also like advice what to do in summertime, I will be in week 15 in my journey when i go on vacation in Croatia for two weeks, and I don't want to stop.

I am in my 12 week now, and had to take a day off, as my skin was really bad (sore, raw on some places, red and really heavy peeling on the rest). Have any of You gotten this reaction when starting with c-serum, sunfader or NIA 24? I used all tree for a couple of weeks, in the beginning all got better, but then I got a small sunburn (despite heavy loads of sunscreen)and kind of never got better after that.

I have to stand in front of 40 people talking on a meeting today - I want them to listen to what I have to say and not get distracted by "what is wrong with her" thoughts Smile. So my first day not following the whole program, and my first day of using moisturising stuff.. What do You other do when having days off? Do You use any other products? Or is it best just to skip products, and don't use anything else? I don't like having days off, but didn't see a way around today.

I am Norwegian, so please excuse poor English Smile
BUPU

Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
riceball - How's it going with your Obagi Journey? It's been 9 weeks now, any improvement?

I'm using the Obagi Nu-derm system as well, it's only been six days for me. Just like you I used it about 2 years ago and was happy with the result. Now I'm starting again and trying to find comfort in this forum. Did you ever get the Obagi Vit. C serum?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I used the system throughout the summer months and our summer's are usually very hot and humid. I live in the midwest of the U.S. A lot of people have trouble doing Obagi in the winter when it's cold and dry. It's just a really tough treatment!

If you're going to be outdoors a lot in the summer, I would probably hold off until Fall. It's just tough to wear enough sunscreen and reapply as often as you need to. You really need to keep your face covered.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:34 am      Reply with quote
[quote="riceball"]It's Day 31 for me and I noticed new acne, blackheads and my blemishes/acne red spots/scars are still not clear.

I would like to try to add Obagi Vit.C serum 20% and order Retin A in 1.0 %.. I am only using the least percent which is .05 %.[/quote]

Hello
Its my 31st day i am on obagi nuderm system. I am using all thee products with 0.1 %retina a. At the start my chin area was peeling thats it. No peeling yet anywhere. No difference on my skin. I am using whole system to correct my brown spots acne scars and open pores. I am feeling no difference at all. I am scared if i spent a big amount into the garbage???
My skin is oily. I am using normal to oily with 0.1% retina a
Please share your journey with me.
Or any body can share their ideas too
Thanx
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |