Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
WARNING!!eskincare store- online purchase
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jamila r

Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Today I received my first order from the eskincare store(Canada). There was a lengthy wait as there were backorders on two of the items. I was surprised to see one of the product had been previously damaged and was sent taped up. A note was added on the invoice to state the cap had broken and the product was fine. I have no way to ensure that that is true- that the product wasn't tampered or even previously utilized and returned. I am not comfortable with using this product as this represents a significant health and safety concern. No bricks and mortar retailer could sell such a product --but this was shipped to me!! After leaving a message on line and on voicemail -the store failed to respond. In addition, a second product appeared also to have been opened. Disappointed with unsafe and shoddy practices.Be wary of this company
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I am sorry to hear this.

How did you pay? Can you file a dispute with Paypal or your credit card?

I can't imagine an online store shipping product to you knowing it was damaged IN THEIR WAREHOUSE.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I paid with my master card- I read on this site that someone else used Paypal to settle a dispute. I am not sure if that is an option with my credit card but I will find out. This was the first time I purchased from eskinstore.ca and now it will definitely be the last. I hope that my story though deters someone else from purchasing from this site.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:13 am      Reply with quote
Walmart actually sent me a defective product and put a note in the box, then put the product.
Then someone filled out a form stating the item could not close properly.

This was not skincare though, but was a 4 literlaundry detergent.
The form in the box stated that the cap for the product was not sealed properly.

So their solution is just stick my detergent in a plastic bag and tie the top??
yet somehow this is supposed to get to me by mail?

I have bought stuff from eskincare store twice.
No issues with my orders.

But for anything online I always pay by credit card, as I have had some issues with online vendors-mostly american ones it seems.

EDS always has great customer service!
jamila r

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I want to speak in detail with regards to my experience with EDS. The products are indeed higher end skincare that consumers do pay premium prices on. After receiving the damaged products, I phoned twice and left messages as to my concerns. A few days later, I then called multiple times and never was able to contact a human being. I wrote messages via email and never received a response. I sent a message via the BBB and again never received a response. On multiple websites I have seen similar complaints regarding the poor service and similar experiences, so while your comments may lead readers to believe my experience is a rare circumstance, in actuality there are multiple such concerns raised against EDS. I want to be very clear that the customer service, the lack of response to a consumer's concerns and the overall frustration with this company has convinced me that there are better options for retail.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Is EDS eskinstore.ca? I thought they are different and the websites look different to me? Are they the same?

http://www.eskincarestore.com/Default.asp?

There is a toll free number for EDS: Toll-Free 1 888 295 6802

jamila r wrote:
I paid with my master card- I read on this site that someone else used Paypal to settle a dispute. I am not sure if that is an option with my credit card but I will find out. This was the first time I purchased from eskinstore.ca and now it will definitely be the last. I hope that my story though deters someone else from purchasing from this site.

I've ordered from EDS several times and never had a problem like you describe, in fact if anything I've been quite pleased with the freebie samples I received. The products were securely packed and not used at all. I'm also based in UK so it had a long way to travel and arrived rapidly.
havana8

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I'm confused. Your thread started off with eskincare.ca and your last post appears to refer to EDS. Are you saying this happened at two different stores?
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:25 am      Reply with quote
The only issue I have had with EDS- essential day spa is that I placed an order online and ordered a couple things, my aunt ordered too so the total would be for free shipping.

When I went to check out, I made a mistake with the payment and ended up checking the box that said pay by phone.

But I had entered the credit card info and thought that would go through (I am extremely distracted the past 2 months...).

My aunt asks me if I can cancel or redo the order and there is no way of doing that yourself online.
Amazon gives you 1 hour to change your order.

This was on a Sunday, so I could not reach anyone.
So my aunt called on Monday and did reach someone at EDS.

She got her order Thursday, that was super fast!

*It would be nice to be able to cancel or add to an order online.
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have had a problem with WalMart placing used products back on the shelves after they are returned. I always check to make sure the product hasn't been opened and find that many of them have the seals broken already.

It's bad enough to have to return the products, but I would be mucho PO'd to be treated so badly online. I put their name on my do not use list.
TwinTails

Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Is EDS eskinstore.ca? I thought they are different and the websites look different to me? Are they the same?
They're different for sure. It's not just ca, there is a dot com version as well. It has seemingly nothing to do with EDS.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |