Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Arm Fat
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Cocoa_Crema
5% products discount

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone.

I was hoping that someone can give me some leads or advice. My arms have always had extra fat in them and I'm pretty sure it is mostly genetic. I'm a healthy woman who exercises frequently and eats healthy for the most part. However my arms have always held fat on them. I think it is mostly how I am built which is short and tad bit curvy. I was wondering if there is any treatments out there that get rid of fat? I've heard of the Nu Skin galvanic treatment but I'm wondering if that is BS?

Thank you!
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Using RF like the Accent can help. If you are in the USA, check groupon or living social for deals on it in your area. When the spa I work at runs a deal, it is usually less than $100 per session and 4-6 are suggested.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I think difficult, it is difficult to lose weight, arm when I was the most thin, the arm is still very strong

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:41 am      Reply with quote
The Pico toner brings out the tone and shows up as a firmer appearance in the arms.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:50 am      Reply with quote
My under arm bingo wing area has let me down in a way I am most displeased with. It has become mushy and flabby. I am busily doing some weights each day and the callanetics arm exercise to try to Just Say No to the situation.I think I need to add in dry skin brushing and some massage to the mix.

Gosh, getting older is hard work!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
My under arm bingo wing area has let me down in a way I am most displeased with. It has become mushy and flabby.

I noticed some weird flabby stuff going on in that area today myself while at the gym... damn mirrors. Maybe it's been there for a while, but today was the first time I've ever noticed it. And... I've been working out really hard the past two weeks, 2-3 hours in the gym every day, and this is the way my body rewards me Rolling Eyes
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
My arms are not at their best but they have been beautiful in the past when I was a regular exerciser so that I had every right to bare arms. Very Happy

I naturally have big arms so when I was shape training, I avoided heavy weights as I didn't want to bulk them up and look more and more like a linebacker. Jane Fonda's workout, which I will post below, was a favorite of mine when I was shape training...and my arms did tighten up. The downside to avoiding weights is, my arms have become so weak, it's depressing. I didn't realize how bad things were until I tried to do an initial test for a pushup program (link below) and could do no more than two full pushups Crying or Very sad I must've broken a record with that pitiful performance coz the directions suggested a do-over but this time on my knees. It's like I was such a special case that they couldn't place me. Laughing But even with doing them on my knees, I only managed six pushups before collapsing into a lifeless lump that could've sworn her arms were no more. Embarassed

I know a girl who is a fitness model; she's petite with beautiful, shapely arms. She doesn't seem like she would be strong but she is a powerhouse. She shocked me when she told me that as skinny as her arms looked, she bicep curls 35 lb dumbbells! Oh what I'd give to have such strength! I shared my concerns about bulking up and she told me that while initially one might bulk up--especially if one has fat on arms--as one increases the weights, the muscles will tighten and become smaller if one doesn't increase one's protein in-take because your diet would not be able to sustain bigger muscles. You would have to provide more building blocks for size to increase. It kinda made sense and so I keep starting a pushup/dip workout then dropping the ball. Rolling Eyes Anyway, below are some of the workouts I do:

Jane Fonda and I go way back Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhnZ5j3CegA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6VDszBXgz8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Tracy Anderson's Arm Workout rocks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dQOBbLnk7o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This was a new find for me (Eccentrics):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJSQ6QfZRJw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And then since I really want to build my strength, I keep startingwww.hundredpushups.com andwww.onefiftydips.com but as is typical of me, I keep dropping the ball and I really don't have a good reason for that. *shameface* Embarassed

Dips work your triceps so will help tighten those chicken wings. And I love that One Fifty Dips program because it doesn't matter how weak you are, the initial test helps determine the right program for you so you can work at a level that is comfortable for you.

Dr Oz once had a show on fat busters and this is what he shared for the arms:

Quote:

Fat-burning Formula for Your Arms

Flabby upper arms, also referred to as “bat wings” can be a trouble spot for many women. Fat deposits stored here tend to be concentrated in this area because your body wants to keep them as energy reserves. To lose stubborn fat in your upper arm area, consume the following every day for 1 week:

[*]6 cups of parsley tea daily
[*]3 sweet potatoes, 1 at every meal
Parsley contains powerful antioxidants, has diuretic effects, and may help balance hormones that otherwise allow you to store fat in certain body areas such as your arms.

Drinking parsley in tea form promotes satiety so you feel full. Parsley tea is available at natural food stores and online.

In addition, make sweet potatoes your only carb at every single meal – breakfast, lunch and dinner – for 1 week. Sweet potatoes are low-glycemic foods, as opposed to foods with a high glycemic index that spike hormone levels linked to arm fat. Enjoy sweet potatoes each day in different ways such as in pancakes for breakfast, baked “fake fries” for lunch, or baked for dinner. For recipe suggestions, click here: http://www.doctoroz.com/search?q1=sweet+potato"

Hopefully these ideas help someone.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:54 am      Reply with quote
I do tricep work, pushups and small hand weights and it keeps the flab off. I also work my shoulders for more definition.
I do the Total Bodysculpt routine everyday and it gives the shape but not the bulk.
Pintrest has tons of arm flab excercises as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
The problem is with the skin, not the muscles. You may have toned and strong muscles underneath but as we age the skin becomes lax so it cannot hold in everything like it used to. I have very little fat in my upper arms and still have sag if I hold out my arms. I wish more designers would make sleeves to the elbow in tops and dresses or make more sheer and lacy sleeves at least.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:00 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
The problem is with the skin, not the muscles. You may have toned and strong muscles underneath but as we age the skin becomes lax so it cannot hold in everything like it used to. I have very little fat in my upper arms and still have sag if I hold out my arms. I wish more designers would make sleeves to the elbow in tops and dresses or make more sheer and lacy sleeves at least.

I don't really think it's just fat that gives bat wings. I think weak muscles or muscle loss due to disuse can look like just skin. Perfect example where this is the case is in Paris Hilton's butt that in the image below looks like it has never heard of exercise. She isn't fat but lack of exercise has her glutes so deflated they look like "just skin":

The lack of tone in her butt was so bad that the sag can be seen from the front when she wears a thong and really looks like skin;

Look at the arms of women who exercise them and/or have been exercising them for all their lives and you will not see that "skin" you speak of that forms wings even the slim ones. A good example is Ernestine Shepherd who at 75 in the photo below has slim but beautifully toned arms.

Other examples of women who don't have fat arms but whose years of working their arms out have kept them looking wonderful way into their 70's are Jane Fonda and Callan Pinckney. If muscles don't get used, they waste away.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I believe weightlifting can help fill up skinny arms and give them some shape. It is important to work opposite muscles so while triceps seem to be a huge concern, don't forget biceps. One of my favorite weight training books is Joyce Vedral's Bottoms Up! (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0446394211)

Anyway here are some tricep-focused exercises:
http://www.liftingrevolution.com/best-tricep-exercises-for-women/

And for variety, here are more ways to work your arms. (If you have little muscle/skinny jiggly arms, increasing your protein intake by maybe drinking a protein shake may help):

http://search.womenshealthmag.com/vignette/wh/search.jsp?q=toned+arms
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Great posts, Nonie, thankyou! Smile

Really good links.

Bit gobsmacked by Paris' bum! Embarassed
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have worked out with weights for twenty years and when my arms are flexed, they look firm. But when the muscles are relaxed the skin cannot hold them in place like they used to. I've noticed older fitness instructors in workout videos who have the same problem. My fellow exercisers on a fitness forum who are over 45 have the same complaint. We also started to get crepey and loose skin on the inner elbow. Hold up your arms when bended and you may notice it, depending on age. I was never a sunbather either.

Nothing wrong with weight training. I highly recommend it!

By the way, I've noticed that in any photos of Jane Fonda taken in the last ten years or so, she wears long sleeves, even on evening gowns. Being a California baby, I'm sure she spent lots of time at the beach with no sunscreen as most people did in those days. Thank you Coco Chanel!
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
We also started to get crepey and loose skin on the inner elbow. Hold up your arms when bended and you may notice it, depending on age.

I noticed this on my inner elbow a while ago - tried my Lightstim on it and it has now filled out a bit and not so crepey.
Smithjo

Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Awesome post mate, Very interesting info!It will be a great knowledge to us and thank you so much for sharing this valuable information with us.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
Tracy Anderson's Arm Workout rocks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dQOBbLnk7o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This was a new find for me (Eccentrics):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJSQ6QfZRJw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And then since I really want to build my strength, I keep startingwww.hundredpushups.com andwww.onefiftydips.com but as is typical of me, I keep dropping the ball and I really don't have a good reason for that. *shameface* Embarassed

Dips work your triceps so will help tighten those chicken wings. And I love that One Fifty Dips program because it doesn't matter how weak you are, the initial test helps determine the right program for you so you can work at a level that is comfortable for you.

Wanted to thank you for Tracy Anderson's workout, as a former ballet student it has really helped me get the positioning of the arms for best results... and it WORKS!
flawlessduck

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:52 am      Reply with quote
Push-Ups and tricep kickbacks could help. But I find it very hard for me. Sad
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I do a knuckle rub massage (no lipo lipo) all over my upper arms, especially in potential bat wing area, after ever shower. Definitely promotes waste/fat release and improves skin and subcutaneous tissue. Highly recommend. Don't forget to pitch pull and roll any extra loose skin.

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |