Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Retired Husband Support Group
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
MissMyPeace

Thu May 10, 2018 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I found this forum after searching "Retired Husband Syndrome". I had no idea I wasn't alone in all this! My husband has been retired for 10 years and boy, these have not been the best years of our marriage. He is driving me insane. It's like living with a man toddler. He does less and less all the time (if that's even possible), all while I do more and more. I'm getting exhausted from this. I used to think I could never imagine life without him. Now I find myself thinking about a life without him more and more. I so want to see a bright future together (I'm newly retired) but so far, it's just the same ole same ole.. Actually, it's worse, because he seems to feel I now have the time to do absolutely everything. He admits he doesn't do his part, but his hips hurt, he's tired, he doesn't get enough sleep, on and on.. I feel like I'm sitting here watching this man wither away, because he does pretty much nothing. I've spent 10 years trying to get him to participate in life again, but he just doesn't want to do anything but sit around in his slippers and housecoat. He'll wear the same clothes for a week, not shower for a week, just does not care anymore. I've tried to get him to join a club, volunteer somewhere, do something, anything. He just says he likes being here with me... This is horrible. He used to be my best friend. Now I just wish I could get a day to myself. Embarassed
If anyone is still checking this forum, I'd sure love to hear from some of you ladies that wrote posts many years ago, and know what you've done to keep your sanity.
There is, of course, a lot more than what I've written here, the whys and hows, ins and out, but bottom line. This man is driving me bonkers! Confused

Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Glad I found this site and these posts. My husband has been retired for a year and I'm going bonkers! He sabotaged his job and couldn't wait to get out and retire...unprepared. He didn't care how hard it would be..he just wanted out so he could realize his life's dream of smoking weed on the daily. And that's what he's done. He rides his bike every day as well and has gotten into great shape physically. But, at night, he's a baked imbecile. I am so depressed having to be around this. Every thing he does is for himself. The pot keeps him from wanting to do anything else like travel because he wouldn't be able to do his daily vise. It doesn't help that I don't have much to do either. We live in a rural area so it's isolating and don't have the money anymore to find alot to do. UGH I have several hobbies so that helps alittle. He pretended he was getting old and sickly to create the early retirement ruse...but, as soon as he was out, he's been healthy and happy as a lark, loving being a bum, no matter what the consequences. I just wasn't ready for this 24/7 insufferable way of living.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |