Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Sunless Tanner Advice?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:13 am      Reply with quote
OK, so it's that time of year again where I go on my search for the best self-tanner. LOL. I try to stay out of the sun during the summer & use lots of sunblock, but I just love the golden glow of a suntan.

Although sunless tanners have gotten so much better over the years, I'm always looking for the best one. And they seem to come out with new ones every year and/or reformulate them to "improve" them.

I'm looking for one that is more gradual - more like a body lotion that I can gradually build up to a tan with, as opposed to the ones that give you a dark tan in a couple of hours. Those tend to be streaky & blotchy on me & don't provide the most natural color.

Last year I was using Jergens Natural Glow (don't laugh!) LOL, which I liked but I was just wondering if there is anything better out there?
Thanks!
Simar

Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Just use high level SPF sunscreen and try to avoid to getting out in the sun. Just cover yourself as much as you can when you come in contact with the sun
Violetbadcat
5% products discount

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:49 am      Reply with quote
I'm kind of a self tanner junkie; I just feel so much better with a bit of a year round tan.

If you liked your results with Jergen's you're not alone. It's still pretty popular for good reason and it's a good value.

I really use gradual self tanners to even out and extend the life of my self tanners.

My favorite is by Vita Liberata, primarily because they've mastered the art of masking that DHA scent without adding a lot of overwhelming fragrance. That was always my problem with Jergens or Hempz (only the Touch of Summer gradual tanning lotion, the original formula smells delicious). They were so perfumed they made my skin itchy and practically brought on a migraine.

St Tropez makes a kind of funky in-shower self tanner that I had to try and actually really loved the color pay off and even looking tan in just the matter of three showers. It's kind of counter intuitive and requires getting into the shower, stepping out of the water stream, lathering up with the self tanner, waiting three minutes then getting back under the water. I just didn't enjoy the process but some people don't seem to mind. The results were more rapid and the color was deeper than other gradual products I've tried. I used the medium.

If you want to eventually venture into the world of fast acting tanners with higher levels of DHA, you might like Fake Bake's Flawless. It's almost hard to produce orange or streaky or too dark results with it. I have applied three sloppy layers at times and STILL came out with an even light golden tan. It's very pretty. I use Loving Tan mostly these days, or Vita Liberata, or if I have the time and patience I use a salon spray tan formula (without the spray system). Those are the best self tanners I have found from one end of the gradual spectrum to the other end of more instant gratification, for anyone reading this who might be curious.

Oh. And I use Tanceuticals CC Face self tanner for my face. It doesn't darken my pores or make me break out.
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the detailed information! I think I will look into the Vita Liberata. I do like the Jergens but I was just wondering if there was something better out there yet. I will chuck it out! ☺️
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
The post is about self-tanners. The poster is avoiding the sun already in order to achieve a tan.

Simar wrote:
Just use high level SPF sunscreen and try to avoid to getting out in the sun. Just cover yourself as much as you can when you come in contact with the sun
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |