Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Benefit's Rockateur Blush
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:55 am      Reply with quote
On a visit to a Sephora last month, I asked for a recommendation for a powder blush that would work when I wear earthtones, but also pinker tones. The salesgirl led me to Benefit's Rockateur, an oddly packaged blush described as a "famously provoctive cheek powder." There is no color marked on the packaging but it is considered a "rose-gold." I am completely unfamiliar with the Benefit line, but this blush is absolutely the best I have ever used! It goes on smooth and blends nicely into the skin..and works with any colors I'm wearing. I'm getting use to the odd packaging which is a square, cardboard container with a small (very functional) brush, and mirror. If you are looking for a new HG blush, you must check this out! About $28. LOVE IT

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi mountaingirl

I was wondering about this blush too! what colour is it exactly. Is it more pink or peach?
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:40 am      Reply with quote
It is really a blend of peach and rose but in the lighting around me now, it looks a little more peachy. Other times it has looked more on the rose side. I'm not kidding, it will work with ANY color you're wearing!!!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
HSN has this for $28 & free shipping.

http://www.hsn.com/products/benefit-rockateur-rose-gold-box-o-powder/7222880

The TSV that goes away in about 45 minutes is a Benefit item as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--0UC_BLLSg4/Uh8iCUNZt6I/AAAAAAAACk8/QjhOmcfd5-o/s1600/benefitblushes.jpeg

Monitor colors can vary but this might give a frame of reference.

Nice find mountaingirl!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Fawnie! Glad you were able to post that ad and I'm glad to see all the other colors!

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:50 am      Reply with quote
This looks great...I will definitely buy once my other runs out!
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I've had Coralista forever! These little box o'powders last quite a while...so pretty - peachy-corally, love it. I'm thinking I may have to check this one out too... Darn it and I was trying SO HARD to be good! Smile

Maria

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought this yesterday on a whim. I was only in Sephora for shampoo. Not sure what possessed me to buy it. I wasn't in the market for blush and I didn't even try it on, which is so not me. It must have just been fate 'cause I really like it. I agree with Mountain girl, it looks very natural. Earthy but with a hint of color.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I wore this blush at the Emmy event... very natural - perfect for a femme d'un certain age.
I was so tickled to see it posted as a favorite. Thanks mountaingirl.

The blush is subtle - as Mountaingirl says it works with any color you are wearing and so natural.
Love.

Have to edit to add this other favorite: I'm not a big makeup person so I must send a little hey out to Tarte Exposed. It's even more subtle but a sweet everyday blush.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:47 pm      Reply with quote

Laura Mercier "Lush Nectarine" Second Skin Cheek Color is another v pretty shade. I reach for it to add a glowy pop of color with a skunk brush to pick up just a bit and buff it on. It looks orange here but its a peachy/rosy sheer color with shimmer but not disco glitter or pron queen pearl - just perfect. "Lotus Pink" is a pinker version of the same.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

I have to thank Bethany for finding this. Thanks Beth!!! Very Happy I had no idea it was coming out.

They posted it on their Facebook page, their website, etc....it was hard to miss!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:

Laura Mercier "Lush Nectarine" Second Skin Cheek Color is another v pretty shade. I reach for it to add a glowy pop of color with a skunk brush to pick up just a bit and buff it on. It looks orange here but its a peachy/rosy sheer color with shimmer but not disco glitter or pron queen pearl - just perfect. "Lotus Pink" is a pinker version of the same.

I love this - looks like it would a nice subtle peach. I have a few L.M. tight liners and I like them....Another subtle makeup look for us who don't want to look 'done' - especially as you get older.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Its like "cheek gloss" If you like shiny glowy cheeks that look healthy/not "rouge-y", this is a natural look. Angel

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:02 am      Reply with quote
I have a silly amount of blushers. It never fails to interest me, how different one looks, just by a different tone cheek colour. And how one's cheek colour dictates lip colour!
I never put blush on before getting dressed, either..it has to tone with whatever colour I am wearing.

Am I the only one here into colour variations to this degree? My gf's just have a standard blush that they use till they hit the pan. I have never hit the pan on a blush.

I think some people can do lots of different colours with make up, and others seem to have a smaller range of possibilities, according to skin and hair colour, I guess.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:30 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I have a silly amount of blushers. It never fails to interest me, how different one looks, just by a different tone cheek colour. And how one's cheek colour dictates lip colour!
I never put blush on before getting dressed, either..it has to tone with whatever colour I am wearing.

Am I the only one here into colour variations to this degree? My gf's just have a standard blush that they use till they hit the pan. I have never hit the pan on a blush.

I think some people can do lots of different colours with make up, and others seem to have a smaller range of possibilities, according to skin and hair colour, I guess.

I'm with you Catski...I coordinate cheek and lip color and eye shadow with my clothes. That's what I like about the Rose Gold Rockateur blush...it will blend with any colors I'm wearing. Yeah, I've never seen the bottom of a blush pan either...usually I'm on to looking for something else. May not be the case with this one though!

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:06 am      Reply with quote
I've only ever hit Pan on my favorite Guerlain bronzer and I'm seeing Pan again on my newest. I love it - Sandy Linter recommends it in Wakeup Makeup - her book on *how to* makeup for us 'older girls'.

As far as the Benefit blush, when my oldest daughter sees I have it I'm sure it will disappear from my cosmetic collection. Laughing I've been impressed with a few Benefit products lately.

I probably have 6 powder blushes and 3 or 4 creams. It's an * spam alert *. Lipstick is worse.

Oh and Yes I do tend to coordinate with outfits. I wish I could just be happy with one blush... ugh. Never going to happen. Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:30 am      Reply with quote

Laura Mercier Second Skin "Honey Mocha" blush is a nice sheer color for looking sunkissed without the ugly bronzer look or self tanner mess.

Second Skin has a bit of glow but not glitter or "alligator skin effect". It blends in well with the skin and looks like a natural bit of tan on tops of cheeks,and bridge of nose and forehead - places the sun would hit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Benefits is such a cheeky brand which I love. They make everything FUN.

Glad you like the new brush!

Having a good face brush is soooo worth the investment.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |