Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Wait time for Retin-A Micro
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if it's better to wait 20 minutes after washing the face before applying RAM? I know you need to do this for the non-micro formulas, but since RAM is designed to be released slowly, is it necessary to wait 20 minutes after washing? And then after applying it, do we need to wait another 20 minutes before applying moisturizer?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
I think you will still want to do the wait time for application, not sure if it matters for the moisturizer.
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
According my dermatologiste advise went he prescribed it to me, yes you should wait
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:32 am      Reply with quote
The 20 minute wait after washing is to give your skin time to return to its normal pH, and hence reduce the potential for irritation. I would think this applies to all treatment products eg RAM or regular retin-a, acids etc. If you don't want to wait so long, you can try using a cleanser with pH 5.5 to wash prior. Then just make sure your skin is fully dry before applying the RAM.

The RAM is meant to be used on its own. Moisturizer after will interfere with its time-release aspect. That's in theory. I have heard of people who've used moisturizer after RAM, so just go with what your skin tells you. Smile
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Allow your skin the twenty minutes after washing as it will help the skin re-balance prior to the application of Retin-A.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I don't wait 20 minutes. I just wait until my face is dry. It doesn't cause me any irritation. I actually read an article recently that said that you shouldn't wait even to apply regular Retin A after washing your face because water helps the product penetrate better.
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
In an ideal world I suppose it would be good to wait, but my world is far from ideal. At the end of a long day, all I want to do is wash my face, dab on my retin-a, slap on my moisuriser and hit the sack. I have tried, honestly, to wash, wait, dab, wait, slap, wait, sleep, but somehow the 'sleep'-step tends to weigh-in heavily after the 'wash'-step Image

Is there anyone out there who can say for sure that waiting makes a difference to the action of retin-a?
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
HippoMe wrote:
In an ideal world I suppose it would be good to wait, but my world is far from ideal. At the end of a long day, all I want to do is wash my face, dab on my retin-a, slap on my moisuriser and hit the sack. I have tried, honestly, to wash, wait, dab, wait, slap, wait, sleep, but somehow the 'sleep'-step tends to weigh-in heavily after the 'wash'-step Image

Is there anyone out there who can say for sure that waiting makes a difference to the action of retin-a?

Me neither! I'm just a super busy student so waiting isn't exactly the best thing to do.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone else get a chalky look after applying the micro? It doesn't seem to blend/absorb very well
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Does anyone else get a chalky look after applying the micro? It doesn't seem to blend/absorb very well

Yes, it can be a bit chalky at some spots, but I find that it absorbs really nicely and I can apply my MMU almost right away.
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I used to wait 20-30 minutes for the Retin-A cream, but when I switched to RA Micro a couple months ago, I stopped waiting so long (maybe 5 minutes tops now) and haven't had any trouble. Still using every other night, occasionally skipping a second night. No chalkiness, but it does make my skin ever so slightly yellow (not a bad thing).

I've had fewer breakouts since the switch to RAM, and I'm really happy with my skin!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Re the chalkiness, I was having an outrageous time with my new tube of tretinoin .04 - I had to use lots because it wouldn't spread on evenly, and would dry up on my skin before I was able to rub it in, even on portions of my face at a time.

I thought it was just the formula until one day I tried to smooth out the bottom of the tube with the lid closed, and realized to my horror that it was all squeezing out the (very) top due to the pressure, so, I guess the lid was damaged.

After that I found that the product I was getting out was much more creamy & spreadable, and a cloudy, grey color rather than the white I was seeing before. I also noticed that when I look down into the tube, there's a crusted ring around the inside of the tube, with the good stuff coming through the middle.

Its not a big deal because of how damn cheap the stuff was, so I'm not bothered, plus its doing great things for my skin! But I thought I'd share my discovery.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
kesen

Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
circus wrote:
The 20 minute wait after washing is to give your skin time to return to its normal pH, and hence reduce the potential for irritation. I would think this applies to all treatment products eg RAM or regular retin-a, acids etc. If you don't want to wait so long, you can try using a cleanser with pH 5.5 to wash prior. Then just make sure your skin is fully dry before applying the RAM.

The RAM is meant to be used on its own. Moisturizer after will interfere with its time-release aspect. That's in theory. I have heard of people who've used moisturizer after RAM, so just go with what your skin tells you. Smile

What lol. You’d be waiting a lot longer then 15 minutes for your skins PH level to re-balance.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |