Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

REVIEW Shiseido The Skincare Gentle Cleansing Foam
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 15, 2004 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
The Skincare Gentle Cleansing Foam is really deceptive when you first look at it. Packaged in a tube similar to a medium sized toothpaste tube, it yields a very thick cream that is quite hard to spread and definitely unfoamy, but add a little water and lather it up in your hands and ...Voila! .... a nice foamy facial cleanser appears.

Very mild and pleasant to use, I've been using this product for about a month and am very pleased with the results. It's extremely mild and non-drying, I've had no adverse effects... No residual dryness and no oiliness! Gentle Cleansing Foam cleans thoroughly, although I still had to use a swipe or two of eye-makeup remover to get the last traces of my mascara.

The fact that this cleanser comes in an easy to pack and no drip tube makes it great to use as a travel product, too... I plan to include it in my makeup kit for my next trip!

Liz
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 17, 2004 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Liz:
wave
Thanks for taking the time to tell us your review.

Question please. Is there a expiration date on the tube? Just curious b/c if it's sort of hard to press out of the tube when it's fresh, will it harden even more over time, do you think?

Still sounds like a great product and will definitely check it out.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 17, 2004 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I looked and I didn't find an expiration date on the tube or the box. I don't find it hard at all to squeeze out of the tube. It is maybe the thickness of toothpaste, if that makes sense, but very creamy. I don't think that it will harden if you keep it a reasonable amount of time (not on the bathroom shelf for eons!!) The sales lady said that one tube usually lasts five or six months, which I can totally see because I am still using my 1 oz sample after about a month and a half.

I'll clarify my review a little. The cleanser itself is not hard. It is just hard to spread if your hands are not wet. But wet your hands just a little and you have wonderful foam. And a little goes a LONG way.

Liz
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2004 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the clarification. Smile
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like Shiseido's facial cleanser. It's too dry. I have dry skin.
sassyinpink
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:19 am      Reply with quote
hmmm i have dry skin too. does shiseido affect all with dry skin?
karen777

Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Shiseido is one of my favourite brands

Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |