Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Stress has wreaked my looks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
busybee100

Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I'm new here. Basically I'm 46 and I've always looked younger. But the past 6 months have been really stressful. To be honest the past 7 years have been pretty stressful due to circumstances beyond my control but its got ridiculously stressful this year. And now its showing in my skin and my hair. My hair is falling out and it was already fine. And all my other beauty issues have become a million times worse. I can see by photographs a rapid deterioration this year with the skin under my eyes looking lined and aged and my skin,jowls, chin and neck all looking suddenly much worse. Even my husband commented (politely lol) and he never notices much. I tried to take vitamins and I use a vitamin C serum alternated with a rosehip oil at night. Do you have any suggestions for improving stress-related ageing? A friend suggested taking rhodiola to try to combat the stress. I'm waking up at night with my heart racing which is awful and must be the stress so I hope the rhodiola will help that. And a good night's sleep will help my skin I hope. I'd be grateful for any suggestions as things are depressing enough without looking in the mirror and seeing everything rapidly deteriorating! Thanks xx
Britt Sikiric

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:53 am      Reply with quote
HI, I have no idea how to navigate this forum. I'm kinda overwhelmed. I hope this goes out to busybee(?) I'm turning 50 next week, I slowly saw myself aging more rapidly at around 47. Now I feel I look totally "off". I've been stressed, sick with digestive issues, anemic, perimenopause. My hair is thinning and falling out. So anyway, I can relate. It's depressing. But, I do have hope and so should you. At around 42 things were happening to my face not so bad , but just not as perky and alive looking. I started to Carol Maggio's Facial exercises... they really, really helped for many years. Up until about 48. My face is too thin now, it's a little difficult to get the muscle to respond with her particular regimen. I think you might want to check it out. She has a DVD that you can order. I now have decided to amp up my facial exercises with Flex Effect...Oh my.... quite overwhelming. The book is full of interesting scientific proven theories, facts, evidence whatever you want to call it. The DVD however lacks. The explanations on doing the exercises is much too vague. Anyway, I would start off with Carol Maggio's book. I'm sure you will see a difference. If you don't try Flex Effect by Deborah Crowley .....fabulous web site. Lot's of info, great pics. I've only been doing it for 9 days. I'm hoping I can fill out my eye hollows and more. Good luck to you. Sorry about my babbling !! :roll: :roll:
busybee100

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Britt. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I hadn't considered that perhaps it was just perimenopause causing this rapid aging Sad
I was sort of hoping that if I can reduce the stress I could reverse some of the deterioration lol! Pray

I am nervous about facial exercises as my face is quite thin with nothing to keep my cheeks up (no cheekbones really). I tried the Rio Facial Toner years ago and managed to whittle down my cheeks even more and almost created forehead wrinkles before I stopped it Rolling Eyes But I will look into the ones you recommended as they may be better suited to me. Have you tried probiotics for your digestive issues? I found a combination of probiotics, golden seal and Enterosgel helped me massively. My allergies reduced and my digestive system improved massively but it does depend on the root cause. Hope you feel better soon x
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Make sure your adrenal glands are not over-worked from stress. Are you getting at least 6-7 hours of uninterrupted sleep?

There are Adaptogens such as Siberian Ginseng. Perhaps speak to a naturopath?

All the best.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:35 am      Reply with quote
1. Have your blood test checked by a good ND.

2. Retin A (evening) + AHA (morning) + sunblock

3. dermal needling with min 1.0 mm needles.

Hopefully, things will get better for you.
busybee100

Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much Russian Sunshine and ArielStart. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I googled adrenal fatigue and realised that this is my problem! If anyone else is interested this is the article that I found useful.

(I can't post a full link sorry)

thehealthyhomeeconomist dot com/6-little-known-signs-of-adrenal-fatigue/

I have all of these symptoms! Yikes. But at least now I can try to sort this out. I cant find a naturopath where I live but I'll certainly see what I can do to help myself. I'm interested in the dermal needling too. I really hope I can reverse some of the damage. Thanks everyone
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:34 am      Reply with quote
To de-stress, I go for a wet steam sauna to clear my mind and sweat it out.

Or a relaxing bath with essential oils (lavender, ylang ylang, sandalwood and neroli).
Organicskincare55
5% products discount

Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Yes, here are some recommendations that I have personally found helpful and can vouch for:

Take a Warm Bath Every Single Night It helps so much to help relieve tension in your muscles and you'll feel incredible when you come out of the bath. I personally take my iPhone along to the bath to keep me occupied.

Start Drinking Tea Every Day I wish I had started this habit sooner in life. It really does work! I mix a bit of milk in my tea and drink around 3-5 cups of tea every single day! I've noticed my quality of life improve significantly as a result of this habit.

I hope that helps! I would love to hear from you if you try these tips out Smile
jess2101
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
magnesium every day,
very effective against stress Very Happy
Cat92

Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Im new here.

Of course in winter season I visit my cosmetologist (peeling 1 time per 2 week) and in spring - massage session.
And also my doctor prescribed me vitamin D, Omega 3 and collagen and Menovital (because of my menopause). I order this supplements on vitaminexpress.org/uk and was satisfied.
Cosmetologist emphasizes that for women with menopause it's really important to consult with their gynaecologist (because skin condition getting worse while menopause), I really had that experience.
We should always take care of our health! Wink
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |