Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Right mixtures for a potent botanical brightening serum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
thatladytim

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Dolls and Gents!
After spending hours reading Kassy's diy recipes, I decided to register and ask her or anybody else my question. I have been looking for a potent and effective serum that combines Alpha arbutin, Niacinamide, licorice acid and kojic acid with no success! Any input on their compatibility, the measurements... would be greatly appreciated Smile
trishaolsen

Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:37 am      Reply with quote
What kind of product do you exaclty need? Is it a soap, supplement or injectibles or something?
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:20 am      Reply with quote
trishaolsen, she stated that she wants a serum. thatladytim, try visiting skinactives.com to see if they have the diy ingredients you are looking for.
HTH
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:03 am      Reply with quote
thatladytim wrote:
Hello Dolls and Gents!
After spending hours reading Kassy's diy recipes, I decided to register and ask her or anybody else my question. I have been looking for a potent and effective serum that combines Alpha arbutin, Niacinamide, licorice acid and kojic acid with no success! Any input on their compatibility, the measurements... would be greatly appreciated Smile

You might look at the huge supplier listing on the Recipe Index, most have a lot of information on pH, solubility ect. and quite a few offer free formulas! Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your replies!
Determined, I emailed them my questions and I came to the conclusion that it would be better to mix licorice extract, niacinamide and Aplha arbutin.
DarkMoon, very informative!
Smile
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
ascorbic acid 2-glucoside 2%
niacinamide 5%
lactic acid 2%
kojic acid (not more than 5%)
licorice extract 7%
alpha arbutin 5%

you could dissolve these in distilled water and add sea emollient and xanthan gum to make an easy serum. Add 0.5% preservative and put in a dark bottle.

Use this batch size calculator to work out the amounts according to how much you want to make:

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/Calculators/Batch_Size_Calculator.aspx

You will need to adjust the pH up to 3.5-4.0 with some NaOH (because AA2G and lactic acid have very low/acidic pH).

About lightening ingreds:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15334278

Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:30 am      Reply with quote
Your try for a Regaliz brilante intense brightening serum is right mixtures for a potent botanical intense brightening serum. I recently bought it on cureka I see the goods result for brightening skinx. Share your comments if any of you used this.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |