Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HELP! dark lips
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sanriogirl
5% products discount

Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:25 am      Reply with quote
I read in another forum that another cause of dry corners of lips is riboflavin deficiency. Is this possible? thanks! Confused
jess88in

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:14 am      Reply with quote
ok so basically my problem is that my upper lip is really dark and my lower lip is pink!!...it looks really bad!i dont smoke,nor do i drink tea or coffee..when people see me they think that i smoke ;it is really sad coz i dont!!!
anyway i read in cosmopolitan that to lighten dark lips you should apply a cream called hyclean to your lips..it seems that if u apply it for 3 weeks continously for half an hour each day,you'll score pink buds!!!
well i just bought the cream and it is a depigmentation cream...
please let me know if there is another remedy and also let me know whether this remedy will actually work!

Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Have you ever heard of GODIVA? It's a skincare line dedicated to skin lightening, with licorice extract as its main ingredient. GODIVA has a lightening lipgloss that lightens your dark lips and gives it a reddish tinge. I've tried it myself, and results are visible... Visit the website of GODIVA for more details.
bkace

Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Dr. Joson Dark Lips Cream worked for me. Decreased melanin pigments on the lips.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Age will take care of that problem! You don't see old people with dark lips. I call it the English schoolboy look because many English men have ruddy cheeks and dark kissable lips and I find that very sexy!
fairy_dreams
5% products discount

Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Lips are red because of the blood beneath the thin skin. However, I've read that lips can darken due to overuse of lipstick and other pigments.

I would suggest to stop all lipstick and color use right now! SmileI apply Vitamin E oil throughout the day and it provides sun protection, makes my lips SOOO soft, and they look super moisturized and youthful.

It's 100% natural so it'll be a healthy revitalizer for your lips. Try it and see Smile
angelicadavis

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Just wanna share to you guys that there's a product for decreasing melanin pigments on the lips, dr. joson dark lips cream Smile Goodluck!

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I used dr. joson dark lips cream. You use it every night and on the 3rd week you'll notice your dark lips getting lighter Smile
Bree5666
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Ok not sure if this is gonna help, but ive seen in taiwan,japan & taiwan selling this 'pinkening' or lightening products. Used for pinking nixxles and lips. Embarassed
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
if for the dark lip, you can use powder on it to hind the dark color, and then use a pink shinning lip color. maybe it will useful.
laninocon

Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:29 am      Reply with quote
If you're very serious about treating your dark lips, there's this clinic in Bangkok Thailand. They call it Frequency double Q-switched Nd: YAG Laser. It costs 300 USD per treatment and you have to travel all the way to Bangkok, Thailand. Name of the clinic is Yoskarn Cosmetic Clinic. An alternative to that, you can try Latisha Cream for dark lips. It's very effective lip lightener for me.
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I think Eminence Organic Lip Trio Set may help.

It's a 3-step lip care set, you may see the link here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/eminence-lip-trio-kit-p_11634.htm

I have been using it for two weeks. I use the exfoliator and masque twice a week and the lip balm with massage every night. I found that my lip is more smooth and soft than before,the fine line are reduced and the lip colour become more pinky!!

I think that massage is important for improving the lip color. you may have a try Smile
annarain

Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:34 am      Reply with quote
laninocon- How long did you use Latisha? Are you still using it now? I'm on it for 2 months now. My lips have lightened bcoz it used to be almost black, really really dark. Now it's like brownish but I want to achieve red lips. I wonder how long I need to use it. It's a bit expensive.
angelicadavis

Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
@annarain- Use latisha cream for 3 weeks before you see the result.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
i prefer Lemon to cream, because i always lick lips......

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:14 am      Reply with quote
wer can i buy this dr. joson dark lips cream? and how much?.. please find tym to anser my question! i'l w8 for ur response! thank you!
cashmerelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:00 am      Reply with quote
what about some glycolic acid 10 or 8% at bedtime (start with four percent initially) and then in the morning moisturize with shea butter or a good lip balm
angelicadavis

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Guys just a piece advice, don't waste your time on lemon or toothpaste stuff. It simply doesn't work Sad If it does, we'll all be happy but it's a complete waste of time, in the end we'll frustrate ourselves.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:44 am      Reply with quote
DIY a combination of lemon juice with a hydrating toner (to stop the lips from drying out), apply with cotton wool before bed, then apply Petroleum jelly.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
joti
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I have the same problem my top lip is dark and my bottom lip is normal pinky colour.

no one has ever said anything to me. I think you shouldn't worry about it.

You can always use lipstick to change the colour of your lips but i find the nude coulours don't show up well on my top lip.

i actually hardly wear lipstick i wear a nice blush to call more attention and highlight my cheecks i also wear eye make up to highlight my eyes which takes away attention to my lips. I just make sure they are not chap by brushing the bottom lip every morning

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:28 am      Reply with quote
dark lip may be caused by what you eat and drink, Myfriend has dark lip because he drink 2 or 3 cups dark coffee daily and smoking. After he stop to drink coffee and smoke. his lip become pink.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:29 am      Reply with quote
dark lip may be caused by what you eat and drink, Myfriend has dark lip because he drink 2 or 3 cups dark coffee daily and smoking. After he stop to drink coffee and smoke. his lip become pink.

Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:15 am      Reply with quote
You can try for a Ethicare Lipzlite - Lip lightening cream use for help Dark lips.I recently bought it on cureka I see the goods result for my lips Share your comments if any of you used this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Get a colour correction via "lip blush" or permanent makeup. I love mine, corrected colour and shape.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |