Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Raw Food Diet Anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
CARM302
5% products discount

Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:51 am      Reply with quote
I am interested in starting an organic/raw foods diet. Is anyone on this board on this diet? In begining this type of diet is there anything I should look out for? I hear this diet is benefitial in improving health and rejuvination.
Comments or Suggestions anyone?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Hello CARM302

I have not been on this type of diet but I have read about it in a health magazine.

One point to remember is to introduce the raw food into your daily diet SLOWLY. You can't do it all at once because your body will rebel and have side effects even though it is healthy stuff you are putting into it.

Slowly does it. Good luck with this diet. Let us know how it goes.
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I have done the raw food diet 2 times for extended periods of time and have benefited form it.
This is worth doing.
I have difficulty staying on it and move to 3/4 raw because I am very athletic and have difficulty getting some nutrients this way.
I have come to the conclusion that everybody's different and we each have to find what suits us.
There are so many good books.. Conscious Eating by Cousins, David Wolf books, Raw Family by Boursenko, Raw Power(this is raw bodybuilding), on and on.. I was introduced to this diet by Roxy Dillon's Radical Rejuvenation (out of print & hard to find) and yes I feel it did rejuvenate me but I also feel that the diet cleansed my body and made me more aware of what I took into it, raw or cooked.
I like radical concepts and really did want to believe that this diet was the way to go but for me I found it has a place as a cleansing diet but I don't believe it suits me full time.
Definitely try it though. It was very helpful to me.
CARM302
5% products discount

Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your responses. I will gradually begin this diet. I want to purchase some informational books as well as cookbooks so I will consider some you posted. Smile
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
My cousin had a close friend who was a marathon runner and loved raw carrots to chew on while she ran. But we all kinda noticed she was "orangish" - no lie. She knew it and said she didn't care and knew it was from all of the carrots. Surprised
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Are Japanese sashimi and stuff at the oyster bar considered good raw food for this diet, too?

I've heard that raw oysters are good aphrodisiac food for girls! And salmon is super good for skin!
Mabsy

Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:02 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, this is off topic but Babyfish mentioning sashimi reminded me of wasabi....

Many years ago when I tried sushi for the first time, one of my brilliant friends decided that it would be funny if they could convince me that wasabi was just a green japanese potato..... Apparently I'm quite gullible.... Sad

So, of course, it worked and I took a spoonfull of wasabi and ate it. OMG! Surprised

I would say that wasabi was probably a good "diet enabler" in my case because it killed off any sensation of taste in my mouth. If you can't taste the food then you don't want to eat the food..... Smile

Mabsy
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Mabsy
Sorry, this is off topic but Babyfish mentioning sashimi reminded me of wasabi....

So, of course, it worked and I took a spoonfull of wasabi and ate it. OMG! Surprised

Mabsy

Mabsy, I hope you were all right! Your story reminded me of some of the bad stories of people mistaken wasabi with green tea ice cream or betting on eating it in a big amount and almost need an ambulance.

The first one, the victim was my dear mom a long time ago in one of her dinner dates with my dad before their marriage ( I was still an angel fish somewhere up there !). The second one was between my silly cousins who always play with food ( boys are always boys ).
Mabsy

Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Babyfish,

Well I was very gullible so I guess I deserved it (plus I guess I had it coming to me after some of the stuff I pulled on my friends...). But my eyes were watering, throat and mouth were burning up. It was all bad. *shudder* I still remember it and it was YEARS ago.

Mabsy

ps. I love green tea icecream! Especially when it's served with red bean paste. Yum! *drools*
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |