Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I (also) waved good-bye to my bushy eyebrows!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies!

I think all of you have been "waiting" with me to get my eyebrows shaped (since second week of February)! I made an appointment with Boston's number one eyebrow shaping spa, and my goodness, it was money well spent! They tweeze exclusively (which is great because I have a weird fear of wax), and I did not feel a THING. She didn't put any sort of anesthetic on my skin -- she just has a very very gentle touch and professional method. WOW! My skin was still very red because it's sensitive to tweezing, but I did not feel ANY pain. I swear to you -- I think I felt ONE pluck (one of really long hair) but after that . . . nothing!

It feels sooooooooooooo good to have some shape and definition in my brows! AUGH! What a long BUT WORTHWHILE wait. I treated myself to this after a long stretch of work and studies. I also need something to get me "motivated" to start another set of chaotic work. With that, I bought an eyebrow brush and powder set (to help fill in my brows for special occasions), AND I just ordered some compressed powder from La Bella Donna. I am extremely intrigued at how this powder works . . . I've heard recently that Bare Escentuals has a huge "dewy" look to it -- which I also hear is NOT good for oily-skinned folk (like myself). So the beauty consultant at La Bella Donna told me to try the compressed powder. They also send out samples for free for anyone that's curious.

Well, I think it's 'back to work and studies' for me but I did treat myself to something nice. Strange . . . girls' "treats" for themselves always involve obscene amounts of money ahahahahaah.

Love my eyebrows -- if any of you are ever in the Boston area, let me know; you have to grow out your eyebrows to visit this place! You will not regret it!

Lisa
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Yay! that's awesome that you found a place that tweezes, as I know you're not into waxing. So tell me how long do tweezed eyebrows last? It has been years since I put a tweezer to my brows. I get them waxed every 2 weeks. I love it, so relaxing, and love the result!
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Thoughtcrime!

Wow, I must be really ignorant about waxing because I thought waxed brows last 6-8 weeks? Maybe that's just for legs? Ha ha ha. My friend that waxes gets hers done every 5 weeks or so.

So tweezing lasts about 3 weeks, but the ladies at the spa I went to told me, "Feel free to tweeze strays as they come up. Come back 4-6 weeks to fix up the shape." I figure I can handle the strays as they pop up -- going every 6 weeks will help keep the shape, they can use those tiny scissors and clean up and stuff. So I'm thinking about 4-6 weeks should be a good length of time. I can't imagine going every 2 weeks or so as I don't have that much time to spend on my eyebrows (or that much money!).

It's a great feeling though!
Mabsy

Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Lisa,

Great to hear that you've found a place that does such a good job. I don't think I enjoy eyebrow waxing as much as Thoughtcrime does :P I tend to tweeze strays as they come up and try to keep the general shape of the brow (and I have those little scissors, so that helps). I only go back if I feel that I've lost the plot in terms of what the shape should be. Mind you last time that ended in me having to endure regrowing my brows so I'm not sure that what I'm doing is such a great strategy. I will probably start going every 6 weeks from now on and just tweeze the strays only.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |