Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml) Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut V15
VISS IPL
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Sailor

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Molly
Hey thx for the reply.. I still haven't noticed any hair falling out or anything, but it's growth did noticeably slow down..
I was going to wait for the instructed 2 weeks before the next zap, but i'm thinking once a week?
If things don't stop falling out then, i guess its just not working..

As for that one on a current affair (or as i like to say 'a battler affair' eg "see how this aussie battler was slugged with having to pay 10c more for her bottle of coke at safeway!!" )
I took a look at it too, and found the advertising and so on a little dodgy looking, i really wouldnt want to spend that much on a home machine without some solid proof..

what's making you look at other machines? is it really not working for you?
sarah.november
5% products discount

Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
did my third skin bulb treatment yesterday. i THINK it is sort of bringing some pimples to a head, but hasn't really performed any "oh my god" miracles yet. it seems to SLIGHTLY fade some redness, so people with rosacea might see some improvements? it also dries out your skin just a bit, so be sure to use a hydrating serum or a hydrating mask afterwards.

as for the hair bulb, i don't see any hair falling out yet either... but they say you should see real results after 2 months or so...so i'll just be patient Smile
Laurin
5% products discount

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Sarah, it seems to work a bit sloooower than I expected though I suppose if you see results , it will be worth it. Of course not being able to treat every couple of days is hard too, so the combination of waiting for treatment and slow results, yikes.

Still, the turtle overcame the hare and 2 months isn't that long, right?

I'll keep watching and waiting to see what happens here and once again, thanks for your very desired report.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:17 am      Reply with quote
For what it's worth, mine is working well so far.

Hairs do pull out or fall out...and the underarms are severely retarded regarding regrowth.

Have been a lazy putz about using the skin bulb...too busy and dead tired.
sarah.november
5% products discount

Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:26 am      Reply with quote
see, i've been using the hair removal only once every two weeks (as they tell you to do), and i've only had it for a little over a month so thats means i've done it just twice. if i try to pull out the hair with my nails, they do slip out without hurting too much, but yes, i was expecting more thinning and less re growth. maybe im not putting it at a high enough level, and maybe i should do it more often to speed the process?

as for the skin bulb, like i said i've been doing it at level 3, twice a week. at times i feel like it DOES show some improvements, but like the hair removal, nothing too noticeable. i'm considering putting it at level 4? i remember reading here that someone used it at level 5... the only reason i'm not going any higher than level 3 atm is because i'm scared of the side effects. but so far, nothing really big has changed, so it could be that 3 is just not strong enough for me.... arg. i really want to see changes!!
Laurin
5% products discount

Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Well Sarah, when I had this done professionally, there were times when I had to pluck the hairs and you could still feel a bit of a pull, but less pull than with no treatment.

However one of the main ways I could tell it was affecting the root was the hair would look shriveled and wavy, like it was drunk. However some times the hair fell out with just scraping and as I remember this was later on.

And when I went professionally, it was every two weeks also, seems like forever but, to me, it does sound very similar and will be worth it in time.

Some opinions are there is no permanent hair removal, just very diminished hair growth and I think that over time, like 6 months you will see very good results.

As for the skin bulb, I have no suggestions since I have not had that done. You seem very wise and sensible not willing to risk long term side effects just to see quick results and I think, I might try level 4 on a hidden place, I don't know what your skin is like but if you have any spots anywhere else you could try it that is not too visible, you could try it and see.

And even if you have no spots, a trial on level 4 in a hidden place would let you know how your skins responds, just an idea to think about.

I myself wouldn't do it too often in the same place in the same session as I think the side effects came from repeated use in one session. The fat below the skin just vaporizes and then it is gone. Anyway just my 2c, but I'm rooting for you!

Harpy

Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so, I bit the bullet and ordered the VISS! Also, for anyone who is thinking of ordering it - I can't post the website because I'm new to the forum, but use the coupon code -- SUMMER100 -- or just look up viss ipl coupons, I got the code from retailmenot . com, it gives you -$100 off the Viss as well as free shipping, making the total $445.00
You guys said your orders usually came in a week or so, right? *crosses fingers* I really hope this thing works on me lol.
DennisVuitton
5% products discount

Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've become so lazy when it comes to using the Viss. Because when I use it, I treat my underarms, chest, arms, and full legs. Takes a little more than an hour with breaks. But I hope It doesn't effect my results.

What I'm really interested in trying out is the Viss Ultra Sonic Skin Scrubber. It can infuse your favourite creams into your face much better than just applying it by hand. So hopefully when I use it with my ance creams it will work much better.

Arghhh, but when is it coming out? I can be so impatient =P

Or for now I might wait till I have a little more money to buy that new Skin bulb that come's out this month. I forgot which member on here said it.

Other than that, my results are good. I don't see the hairs falling out. Maybe I don't pay enough attention. When using it I do miss quite a few places. And when the hairs do grow back, you can tell. So I guess this is a good sign. Razz
DennisVuitton
5% products discount

Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
Sarah,

I am thinking, perhaps part of the problem with the skin bulb is that lack of contact with the sensor on the skin. Mine also won't fire if there is not full contact.

Of course...getting a long straight line on the face is pretty tricky and areas of the face don't lend them selves well for that sort of thing.

Do you have the same problem when you do your neck?

When I treat my arms with the hair lamp, it's hard to zap those bony places. Like your wrist. So I get some tape and fully cover the skin sensor. And it works. So maybe try it out? But just don't do anything stupid Smile
Laurin
5% products discount

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations Harpy, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Sounds like you got a great deal, too! Keep us informed as to your progress and I'm sure it will work for you.

Harpy wrote:
Ok, so, I bit the bullet and ordered the VISS! Also, for anyone who is thinking of ordering it - I can't post the website because I'm new to the forum, but use the coupon code -- SUMMER100 -- or just look up viss ipl coupons, I got the code from retailmenot . com, it gives you -$100 off the Viss as well as free shipping, making the total $445.00
You guys said your orders usually came in a week or so, right? *crosses fingers* I really hope this thing works on me lol.
R.A

Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I am new here in this forum. Thank you all, this topic is very helpful.
I was searching about viss ipl and I found this topic, fortunately after I ordered one. Because if I saw this topic before I doubt I would buy this machine. I like my viss although I did not see any results till now or even after reading about the problems with Dragon & Sarah. I am just happy to have a machine like this.
I bought viss a week ago and I used it once, but there is normal hair growth, may be slower, can I shave it now or I have to wait and shave it just before the second session?
I have another question, the web of the viss mentioned that the cartridge is Japanese, but the manual mentioned that the country of origin of the cartridge is Korea. Did you noticed that? Which one is right and why there is deference?
I hope someone answers me, I am very upset due to the spiky hair. I sent an email to viss and as you know, no answer.
Thank you in advance.
sarah.november
5% products discount

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:43 am      Reply with quote
did skin bulb treatment #5, all at level 3 still though. i did the hair removal treatment the day before as well for legs, arms, and underarms. i usually put it at level 4 for the hair removal, but i tried level 5 this time and i ended up with something like a scratch line on my arm! its faint, so nothing big, but made me kind of scared to up the level for the skin bulb :P anyway, after treatment #5 for skin, i still don't see too much difference...sigh. oh well, i'm still going to keep at it, both the bulbs. hair does take much longer in growing back though...
and, im interested in that new skin bulb as well!!

R.A:
the lamp cartridges themselves are made in japan i believe, but the device/machine is actually manufactured in korea.
i know what you mean about the spiky hair Sad i never shave normally, because i hate that unattractive stubble you get. but once you use the viss a couple more times, the hairgrowth slows down significantly so you won't get too much spiky hair, i've noticed! but for now, if the hair growing back is unbearable, i'd say just keep shaving until your next treatment? just my opinion, others on the board might advise otherwise Smile
Laurin
5% products discount

Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:47 am      Reply with quote
well slower growth is the first step, so guess that is what we want and at least its in the comfort of your home. I think I heard/read back in the day when I got my hair pro treated, each shaft must be treated 3x for best results. So the first 2 blasts would only slow it down, but you know its working.

I agree with Sarah, R.A. to shave because that's what they told me to do between treatments when I had it done professionally. Sounds hideous but you have to think you are only doing this short term, til its gone.
Harpy

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
7-10 days till I get my viss. =(
Is there any way to tell when your bulb is running out of flashes? Or does it just die? Would be nice if there was some sort of warning to give you time to buy a new one.
October_Spring

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I recently found info on Viss - being from New Zealand we don't really get that much marketing from companies/products like this, I just happened to see someone selling one on Trademe, our version of Ebay.

I'd had good results with Luminex IPL at a beauty spa a few years ago so figured the investment was worth it with a course of treatments being the same cost as a unit that can do me and my boyfriend/sister/friend etc.

So after 4 days it arrived this morning and I'm dying to try it but I know I have stuff to do outside and it's sadly a sunny, summery Spring day here and I don't want to risk any side effects with the sun exposure and I'm trying to be reeally good and not get careless with it, reminding myself that it is a laser and I shouldn't do anything rash no matter how much I want to try it. I figured I'd join this and keep people posted on the (hopefully) decent results, I bought the Skin lamp too so I'm going to have to be super careful re: sun from now on.

Will check in soon with thoughts/results etc.
sunisthedevil

Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:43 am      Reply with quote
Bought VISS with help of online research - not least of which was this site, in particular thanks to DragoN. Myself and friend ordered one each - both arrived(in Australia - Land of Hairy People/Beach)within 4 days - pretty good from Korea - mine for hair removal, her's for skin rejuvenation, I'm 38, she's 55.
Everything works just fine so far (still hairy but it is only day 2!).

Make sure read instructions re: glasses and sun exposure after use (don't want to undo all our good work).

Will update posts, Thanks again to dragoN for blazing the trail!
R.A

Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:29 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Sarah & Laurin for your valuable answer.
I will be patient and wait until the next treatment on Wednesday Sad
Viss replied to my email and said that the cartridge is made in Japan. The manual writers made a misprint and future manuals have the correction.
October_Spring

Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:56 am      Reply with quote
So, night came when I had decided I would try my new toy out and ... it doesn't work. The main power switch turns on and the fans start up but the power button on the front doesn't seem to do more than flick the power/level lights on for a brief second before they disappear again.

I waited a short while thinking it might have to warm up some but I didn't see anything in the booklet about warming it up before use. Any pointers from the people with machines?

Have emailed them via their site in the hope they can shed light on it, so desperately don't want to send it back, just wish it would work so I can play with it!
R.A

Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Dear October_Spring, the same thing happened to me in the first time I use it, I also thought that it have to warm up first, but I discovered that accidentally that I have to remove the applicator first from its place and then turn on the power button.
I hope that is the same with you.
Good luck Smile
DennisVuitton
5% products discount

Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:23 am      Reply with quote
October_Spring wrote:
So, night came when I had decided I would try my new toy out and ... it doesn't work. The main power switch turns on and the fans start up but the power button on the front doesn't seem to do more than flick the power/level lights on for a brief second before they disappear again.

I waited a short while thinking it might have to warm up some but I didn't see anything in the booklet about warming it up before use. Any pointers from the people with machines?

Have emailed them via their site in the hope they can shed light on it, so desperately don't want to send it back, just wish it would work so I can play with it!

You have to remove the applicator head. So just turn on the main power switch, remove the applicator head and press the on/off button. And it should work. I don't know why they did they thought. Maybe safety reasons?

When using it do any of you guys get a little itchy the next day? I get a little itchy after 10 or so hours. But it usually just lasts for a day and it drives me crazy! Maybe it's because I'm exposed to sun?
October_Spring

Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hey guys,
Woke up to your replies and an email from their customer service, which I wasn't expecting after some peoples experiences.

Annoying thing is though, because I was grumpy about it and my skin had broken out in a couple of places I used some MD formulations Glycolic cleanser and you're not meant to use the unit on areas that have had AHA's on them. Lame.
Am sorely tempted to try the skin lamp anyway, just worried that the 'sorely' part will come true...

Anyway thanks guys, am off to play!
sunisthedevil

Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Love this site and how helpful everyone is! just one tip though - a few of these questions can be answered by reading the manual properly.

I'm not usually a fan of instructions but you could save time and stress not to mention this is your we are doing something at home, untrained... just a thought.

Good luck
sarah.november
5% products discount

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:05 am      Reply with quote
octoberspring, glad everything worked out for you! and also, regarding one of your older posts, the viss Intense Pulse Light doesn't use laser; but still, shouldn't do anything rash either way Smile sometimes when i get a new breakout i just want to take out my viss and test it on the spot, but i make myself waiiiit for the next scheduled treatment.

i'm going to be doing treatment #6 with my skin bulb tomorrow. haven't gotten lazy with it yet! i just really really want it to help fade some of my spots...
anyway, i want to put a question out there and if anyone can answer, i would greatly appreciate it.

you know with the skin bulb, they send you a gel bottle with it which you're supposed to put on your face before you do the treatment? this may be a no-brainer question, but what exactly is the gel's purpose? at first i thought, well obviously its to "protect" your skin from the light, but i've tried it without the gel and no difference. and i know dragoN doesn't bother using the gel either and experiences no side effects? it says on the manual to use the gel for better results, but i really am curious how that works... i've emailed them about this loooong time ago when i first got the viss and they said they'd send me an info packet explaining the whole thing, which i never got haha. so im wondering if anyone on this board has any ideas?
suldrun
5% products discount

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if I should love or hate this forum Wink
I was not going to order anything for myself till Christmas since I paid off all my cards and was going to get rid of them, my goal this year was to be debt free...I even went in 1/2 with my brother for the new edition of flex effect to save money. But.........
I hate shaving, waxing and epilating ( I do all three) I am so tired of it and if this does what it says it will be soooo worth it.

Please everyone keep us updated on the hair bulb Smile

Sul

36, Sun damage, mottled discoloration on face, forearms,hands.Fine lines.Dry sensitive skin.AALS, Green tea,DIY Vit. C,Carol Maggio face, body mitts,No Lipo-Lipo,Ageless If We Dare, Facemaster,Tom Haggerty forehead ex,Tanaka, OCM. oils:Avocado,Olive,Emu,Jojoba. Badger sunscreen,sunhats.
Harpy

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so excited! I just got my tracking number. Now the wait is really on!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DeVita Solar Protect SPF 30 with Aloe-Hyplex (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |