Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml) Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Hauschka Night Serum (20 ml)
Swiss O Par Brow and Lash Tint
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
So I finally recieved my "Swiss O Par" dye, and the English part of the directions leaves me with more questions than answers.. Sad

Can anybody offer lash dye 101... Confused

For instance, It says only leave it on a minute, Can that be right?

And step one is a gel, do I apply and let dry, or just plop everything on?

Do you guys do the bottom lash of one eye first, than the top, or both bottoms....

In short, I don't have a freaking idea what to do with it......

Thanks for your help!
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I did a google search and came up with instructions. My package for some reason did not come with printed instructions.

The Swiss O par is MUCH MUCH better than Roux. Roux is runny.

Swiss O Par is longer sold in SDM so I am using another brand.

I am using Combinal. I purchased this from my local esthetic/hair supplier. (I have an esthetic certificate.) It is two parts and upfront cost is more. Great stuff.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I did a google search and came up with instructions. My package for some reason did not come with printed instructions.

The Swiss O par is MUCH MUCH better than Roux. Roux is runny.

Swiss O Par is longer sold in SDM so I am using another brand.

I am using Combinal. I purchased this from my local esthetic/hair supplier. (I have an esthetic certificate.) It is two parts and upfront cost is more. Great stuff.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
autumn95 wrote:

Mine came with minimal instructions in 'English', that leave a lot to be desired.. Would you please share either the link or the instructions here..?

I'm not sure what the heck to do, for instance; both eyes at once, lower lashes, upper,

And how the h*ll do you get it off without smearing it all over your skin?

The next problem is the lash serum I'm using is making new eyelashes come in every which way and their all tangled up, I don't think I can get them all covered.. Rolling Eyes

And am I reading it right, that it say's only leave the second step on 1 minute? Can that really be right?

GRRRR! What a PITA... Laughing Laughing Laughing
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
This is from one site that sells the product.

http://www.eyestodyefor.com/usage.htm

I only used it for brows. I am now using Combinal for brows. (Combinal is very commonly used in salons here for lash and brow tinting.)

Take at look at the thread for 1000 hour tint. I think some of the ladies tinted their own lashes. I am not sure how.

At my salon, she removes as much of the lash tint as she can with a dry cloth or tissue. Then she uses lots of water/cotton pads to remove. She leaves it on for about 10 minutes. I leave my tint on my brows for about a minute.

Edit to add: I would wear gloves. In the salon she applies vaseline on the lids and under the eyes to protect from tint. She applies those leaves under the eyes.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
So now that I did it, I can't believe how easy it was..

Long story short, like putting on mascara.. Start to finish was about 5 minutes to do both eyes.

Results weren't too dramatic for me since my eyelashes are already black, but the dark tips now make the length much more obvious..

Very nice + easy product... thumbs up from moi'!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Just an FYI:

Today makes it one month since I applied the SOP, and I began to see those 5 pesky white eyelashes emerge three days ago..

Surprisingly, the tips are still dark.
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:32 am      Reply with quote
The SOP sounds really good. I've been using - and still have - the Roux stuff. Think I bought it at our local Sally's. It's *okay*, but doesn't last on me more than a week and a half or so. But it's also no big deal to apply, either. I think I'll break down soon and try SOP, since it seems as though it lasts longer.

BTW, my eyelashes are long and pretty thick, but blonde halfway down, especially the lower ones. Dyeing makes a huge difference for me!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:04 am      Reply with quote
zephyr wrote:
The SOP sounds really good. I've been using - and still have - the Roux stuff. Think I bought it at our local Sally's. It's *okay*, but doesn't last on me more than a week and a half or so. But it's also no big deal to apply, either. I think I'll break down soon and try SOP, since it seems as though it lasts longer.

BTW, my eyelashes are long and pretty thick, but blonde halfway down, especially the lower ones. Dyeing makes a huge difference for me!

I tried the Roux when the Swiss O' Par was no longer available. The Roux is much more watery and harder to control. I really prefer the Swiss O' Par over the Roux.

I am currently using Combinal lash tint. The initial cost is more as you buy a huge bottle of liquid to mix with the colour gel. This is the product that most Canadian esthecians use in salons. I buy this from a professional supplier (Cosmo Prof) as I have an esthetician certificate. It can also be purchased online.
CariC

Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to give my 2 cents about the Swiss O-Par brow and lash kits I recently used.

I found the Swiss O-Par eyelash and dye kits to be very effective. Using the black on my lashes helped to bring out my eyes. It did not however replace the need for me to use mascara, it doesn't work that way. But since my lashes were blonde, it helped define them quite a bit.

Instead of using the comb to apply them to my brows and lashes, I took an old mascara brush and cleaned it well. It made applying the color gel less messy and more even. It has been on my brows for several weeks. I had to go from blonde to dark brown for a play, so I used the brown on my eyebrows. There wasn't really an offensive odor, and it only took a total of 5 minutes to do. There's plenty left in the bottle. I bet I could color my lashes and brows to last for another 6 months!

I do reccomend this product. I think that it has been very beneficial to me, and it was really easy to use. I do reccommend using a mascara brush to apply the gel though, it made the entire process SO much easier. The directions were easy to follow too, but if you're having trouble, just think of it like apply mascara very carefully to your lashes. Any stain that got on my hands or face vanished after my next shower. Best of luck!

Cari
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
CariC wrote:

I found the Swiss O-Par eyelash and dye kits to be very effective. Using the black on my lashes helped to bring out my eyes. It did not however replace the need for me to use mascara, it doesn't work that way. But since my lashes were blonde, it helped define them quite a bit.

I do reccommend using a mascara brush to apply the gel though, it made the entire process SO much easier.

I totally agree with both of Cari's comments above. I would go a step futher and recommend that you try to find a "less plush" mascara brush...I found that the bigger brush actually wasted more product than a smaller brush would.

BTW, I purchased my Swiss O' Par on Ebay.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I just received this from an ebay seller, and surprise, surprise, my package did not come with any instructions either. I went to the site autumn95 suggested (thanks for that!) and this is all it says:
Quote:
1. Clean your eyebrow and eyelashes and place the protective Eyelash Leaves on the skin below the eye.
2. Apply the fixing liquid to wet the hair by dipping the cotton wool applicator into the fixing liquid. Repeat this step 2 to 3 times until the hair is wet.
3. Apply the color gel to one side of the small comb and comb through the wet hair. The coloring is then complete. Wash off any remaining gel.

It sounds as though there is no wait time at all? Once you apply the gel you just wipe off?
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Another thing, does anyone use the protective eyelash leaves or is it just easier to use vaseline?
CariC

Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
It really is like not waiting at all. I mean, I applied it and in less than a minute..especially with the eyebrows, I wiped it off.

It suggests using the eyelash leaf under your eye, but honestly, I didn't use anything and I didn't have a problem with staining. I mean...within a minute you have to wipe it off anyway, so I just washed my face. It was just fine!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
I just received this from an ebay seller, and surprise, surprise, my package did not come with any instructions either. I went to the site autumn95 suggested (thanks for that!) and this is all it says:
Quote:
1. Clean your eyebrow and eyelashes and place the protective Eyelash Leaves on the skin below the eye.
2. Apply the fixing liquid to wet the hair by dipping the cotton wool applicator into the fixing liquid. Repeat this step 2 to 3 times until the hair is wet.
3. Apply the color gel to one side of the small comb and comb through the wet hair. The coloring is then complete. Wash off any remaining gel.

It sounds as though there is no wait time at all? Once you apply the gel you just wipe off?

I leave mine on for one minute, per some instructions I found somewhere, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Just a FYI from my perspective..

1. Anything it touches will be stained (including my thumb nail till it grew out).

2. The dye works immediately and can be taken off within a minute.

3. An old cleaned off mascara wand + Q-Tip worked the best for *me*.

5. My lashes remain black at ends, and only the new growth has been apparent....(My 5 dreaded white lashes.. Rolling Eyes )

6. In MHO the people with the fairest lashes will get the most impact... My naturally black lashes only benefited by the blond tips being dyed... Don't expect any thickness, only the color will show.

7. It leaves a very matte finish, without any shine whatsoever.. (For the natural look I like, I coat my lashes with Ardell and let dry a few minutes, then I use a heated curler for 25 seconds... this brings out the length and color amazingly with no mascara necessary.)

8. I've used mine only twice since my first post above, and estimate that one kit will last me about 12 to 14 uses. (But my natural lashes are black, so paler gals will probably need more frequent application.)

9. When I didn't use the little paper under my eye, I wound up with a couple of black dots there.. I'd suggest using the paper and vaseline to avoid mishaps, if you have tons of lower lashes like moi'..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
mimsy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to let you know about a sale on Swiss O.Par lash and brow dye. I received an email from the company that makes the product and the sale runs until Monday December 1st. It's $19.99 for one box or $17.49 per box for two boxes. Free shipping either way. The web address is: www.swissopar.co.uk/us

I've been using this product for two years and I really like it! I don't use it on lashes because lash dye doesn't increase lash thickness and the effect is too subtle for me so I don't think it's not worth the effort (might be worth it in summer during swimming season). It's great for brows though! It's a snap to apply and really works really FAST! It comes with a little comb to apply the gel part of it, but an old mascara brush works well for me (with outside of the brush wiped dry).

Happy holidays to all of you! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Miracle Mask (15 ml  / .5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |