Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Miracle Mask (15 ml  / .5 floz)
I need help in preventing and fixing upper lip lines!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
harriet wrote:
bushy. Did the Valmont Lip Repair work on the lines above the lips as well as the lines on the lips? and is that the one in the pump dispenser? thanks. Harriet

Yes it worked on both and it is in a pump dispenser.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:52 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
I was able to remove my lip lines with Valmont Lip Repair. It took about 12 months of use and the lines have not returned.

Bushy, do you have the ingredients list for this product?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:35 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
I was able to remove my lip lines with Valmont Lip Repair. It took about 12 months of use and the lines have not returned.
Did you use the regular or the airless? I do not know the diff. between the two other than the price! Airless is soooo much more expensive! Thanks
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I myself would love to know the ingredients in Valmont lip repair.
Can you post them?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
The only one I use is the airless product.

Valmont Lip Repair
Ingredients: Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Acetylated Lanolin, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Cyclomethicone, Triethanolamine, Persea Gratissima Oil, Unsaponifiables, Oenothera Biennis Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Lanolin Alcohol, C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, Methylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrolyzed RNA, Urea, DNA, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Serum Protein, Triclosan, Propylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Ethylparaben, Beeswax, Ozokerite, Stearyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Silica, Citric Acid, BHT, Magnesium Nitrate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:47 am      Reply with quote
maybe Kassy will read this and be able to tell me what the heck all that is in the Valmont lip repair. I just ordered the NOTH lip plumper stuff. Good reviews.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:50 am      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
maybe Kassy will read this and be able to tell me what the heck all that is in the Valmont lip repair. I just ordered the NOTH lip plumper stuff. Good reviews.

Lots of oils in this, but otherwise I personally don't see anything in it that would diminish lines. Would like Kassy's input on the ingredients, as well.

ETA: I am struggling with the lip lines, as well, and have yet to find anything that will help them. A few years ago Sharky posted that she got rid of her lines. She did name some products, but there was never a "routine" given on how she really went about it.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7685&highlight=wrinkles
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:19 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:

I agree with Bushy. I ordered another WAY TOO POPULAR lip product discussed on this forum & was really disappointed. I spent a fortune on the products & the unit "supposed" to intensify the outcome - I ended up with zits on my normally clear complexion.....- I had been convinced by the seller that it was the be all & end all holy grail Embarassed . Not. After a few stinking months with it, I went back into my cabinet to rediscover the Valmont Lip Repair. Now, after just over a month of dedicated use, my lines have dramatically reduced and my lips look better than ever. At the high price of it, the Valmont turned out to be the less expensive and without a doubt, the best Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:51 am      Reply with quote
I don't mean to re-hash this obvious statement but we must all remember that just because a product doesn't work for you, doesn't mean it wont work for someone else. Those are the chances we take when we pay big money for these "wonder" products....you must keep that thought in mind and vice versa, it might have worked for you but may not work for someone else.

I happen to be a big fan of that product that is "way too popular". It has done wonders for my lips, got me off my chapstick * spam alert * and helped pave the way to rid myself of those just forming lines above my lip. Although not a big fan of the units sold along with the system. Cheap if you ask me and easily obtained for a few bucks elsewhere on the net.

It does totally blow when you fork out big bucks for something that doesn't work....but it's all trial and error around these parts. All we can do is offer our opinions as to whether something worked for us or not keeping in mind that it may work totally opposite for someone else.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Good point, bren, but what would be really useful would be to try to discern what sort of people get best results with product A, B, C, etc. Surely it can't be random? One works better on thick skin, one on thin, one on oily, one on dry. Or "product A only works if you apply it exactly this way..." Wouldn't it be nice to have those parameters and directions so we aren't just shooting in the dark spending lots of $ (and those lip products do cost a lot!)
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
sherryf13500 wrote:

Lots of oils in this, but otherwise I personally don't see anything in it that would diminish lines. Would like Kassy's input on the ingredients, as well.

ETA: I am struggling with the lip lines, as well, and have yet to find anything that will help them.

You guys give me way too much credit, but I'm happy to give you my opinion.. Riley's right, that there are several oils.. Also a lot of silicones, preservatives, waxes + a few useless filler uppers, (mineral oil for instance.)

What really always gives me a good laugh, is how some manufacturers love using the botanical names, for the exotic effect. (If it sound fancy it must be good right?) WRONG! Always research what you don't recognize, because chances are you won't want it on your kisser.

I've put in bold with an explanation in ( ) what I think might be helpful in figuring out these ingredients. (Some we are all familiar with, so I left those alone, (silicones preservatives + an emulsifier or 2) Personally, the oils + a little beeswax + retinol are the only things I would use, if I wanted to make something comparable.. (The great thing about oils is it doesn't need any preservatives, because bacteria cannot grow in it.. Wink )

Valmont Lip Repair
Ingredients: Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (it's derived from coconut oil + glycerin), Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Acetylated Lanolin (is an emollient, but is highly comedogenic), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Cyclomethicone, Triethanolamine (is a neutralizing and emulsifying agent, and can also be found in shellac Shock ), Persea Gratissima Oil (is Avocado Oil), Unsaponifiables (made up of oil, wax + fat and usually derived from soy bean or avocado. It's used a lot in soap making) , Oenothera Biennis Oil (is Evening Primrose Oil), BoSimmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (is Jojoba Oil), Birago Officinalis Seed Oil, Lanolin Alcohol, C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, Methylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (recently classified as a carcinogen), Imidazolidinyl Urea (preservative), Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrolyzed RNA, Urea, DNA, , Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Serum Protein, Triclosan, Propylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Ethylparaben, Beeswax (this fills in the nooks and crannies and is in most lip products), Ozokerite (a mineral wax), Stearyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (is Sunflower Oil), Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate (is oils + fats), Silica, Citric Acid, BHT, Magnesium Nitrate (major irritant + strong oxidizer), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride (a mineral/salt), Methylisothiazolinone (this is a powerful preservative, and latest in vitro studies are showing it to be "neurotoxic"

As far as I know, the "hydrolized" group of ingredients are derived by boiling legumes, such as soy, corn, or wheat, in hydrochloric acid and then neutralizing the solution with sodium hydroxide (lye).

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
For a little while I could see myself coming out of that decision making fog and had a set plan which included Vlamont! Now, I am backing away from spending the big bucks on valmont lip repair! I have now made an appt. with my derm. to see if a filler can be used for the lip lines. I am pretty sure that she will tell me that it is too soon and I need to wait. Either way I need to start looking and reading about products again to see which lip product will give me the most bang for my bucks!
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:02 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Starlight,
Even though it's off label, Botox can help in the area above the lip. It will keep wrinkles from developing, but you will need a VERY experienced physician to do the injections.

Aye yi yi!! I cringed when I read this! No!! I would not put botox above your lips (and I had one of the best do me.) I had a mi-nute amount injected in a horizontal line between my upper lip and nose and I looked positively hideous until it disapated. It dropped my upper lip down and created a huge space. Yes, it helped "the line" but I looked a hundred times worse. Too risky to put it there IMHO!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
kims wrote:
Starlight,
Even though it's off label, Botox can help in the area above the lip. It will keep wrinkles from developing, but you will need a VERY experienced physician to do the injections.

Aye yi yi!! I cringed when I read this! No!! I would not put botox above your lips (and I had one of the best do me.) I had a mi-nute amount injected in a horizontal line between my upper lip and nose and I looked positively hideous until it disapated. It dropped my upper lip down and created a huge space. Yes, it helped "the line" but I looked a hundred times worse. Too risky to put it there IMHO!

If it's going to drop your lip down it's going to make you look older. We get more space between our nose and top lip as we age. We definately don't want to make it happen. Shock
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Mountaingirl and Mishey thanks! I am really afraid of botox and above the lips really scares me. I did not know that the space between your nose and upper lips increases as you age. I did not even notice! OMG you are so right!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
some people dont even now they have these because sometimes in the beginning you cant see them unless you are drinking or eating and most people dont do that in front of a mirror.Some people get these lines very early like in their thirties,its part genetic. My dad is almost 89 and he has NO vertical lip lines.He is Italian though and they tend not to wrinkle much.He has only nasal folds really and a full head of hair!
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc: I have seen only ladies develop the verticle lip lines. I think men just have thicker skin and with shaving and lots of hair follicles in that area providing support for the skin structure they just do not develop these horrible lines! It is not fair!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Starlight wrote:
lucyluc: I have seen only ladies develop the verticle lip lines. I think men just have thicker skin and with shaving and lots of hair follicles in that area providing support for the skin structure they just do not develop these horrible lines! It is not fair!

Yep, I agree with starlight. I have never seen a man with the vertical lip lines.
Nightbloom
5% products discount

Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:59 pm      Reply with quote

So if we start shaving our upper lips, we'll minimize those nasty little lines AND save time and money on waxing, right?

What are we waiting for!

Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have been told that dotox and retylane do not last long for vertical lip lines because there is just too much movement in that area.You wont really know till you try it...I would never put botox there though you could get a bad result.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Nightbloom wrote:

So if we start shaving our upper lips, we'll minimize those nasty little lines AND save time and money on waxing, right?

What are we waiting for!

Laughing

I wish it was that easy! Men also have thicker skin and lots and lots of hair in that area! I do not think any female would want a big thick patch of upper lip hair even to prevent lines! I am afraid that would be trading in one type of problem for another!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I remember reading somewhere on this forum recently that someone is shaving their wrinkles and actually shaving the skin off a little at a time. She said that it's working to get rid of the wrinkles.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
I remember reading somewhere on this forum recently that someone is shaving their wrinkles and actually shaving the skin off a little at a time. She said that it's working to get rid of the wrinkles.

I remember reading that, as well. It was Inkyprose.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
I mention this when I started this thread! While searching for upper lip line topic the only thing I came across was shaving off the skin! That is definitely not an option for me!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Mishey wrote:

I remember reading that, as well. It was Inkyprose.

That's right it was Inkyprose. I wonder if she's still doing that??
Starlight I'm with you, I wouldn't try it either. Abit too hard core for me.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Miracle Mask (15 ml  / .5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |