Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

NPR report: Our facial bones sag as we age, too!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:

Actually research (and there are lots of papers on this) has shown that static load (i.e. pressing into the bone) at best doesn’t have any effect on bone growth and at worst it actually decreases bone growth (as an example, see: Bone. 2001 Aug;29(2):105-13.) .

TheresaMary wrote:
I'm not sure of the specifics, but I thought that most of the exercises were designed to tear the fibres, as thats the thing that starts the muscle of healing, and then it becomes stronger as a result. CM knows more about the anatomy side, maybe she can pop by and help us out as I'm sure she will be able to give you the technicals about the exercises more than me. I don't have the mind for them.

The micro-tears of the muscle help build muscle but that is totally different from building bone. While some facial exercises can potentially help build muscle, that does not mean that they can build bone. As I said before, for them to build bone, the pull would have to be so strong that it would actually be bad for the skin. Even if you did it with vibrations (some studies have found that certain high-frequency vibrations could help bone growth, though other studies have shown no effect), the vibrations could be good for the bone but not for the skin. This has to do with the fact that facial muscles are different than limb muscles because they’re attached to the skin, while the others are not.

That really worries me. I tried to find some reliable papers concerning beneficial effects of pressing into the bone, but I wasn't able to - snd i tried hard, believe me. Actually, Josee seems to be right that pressing is useless at best. It's a sad news for me, after reading EDS and other forum I was fully convinced that pressing helps to increase bone density, and I've been pressing for some time.

Does any of you know more on the subject?
System
Automatic Message
Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |