Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

StriVectin Intensive Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles PLUS (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Miracle Mask (15 ml  / .5 floz)
NuFace introduces "ADVANCED TECHNIQUES"...results
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
The NuFace probes are icy cold, aren't they?!

I have had mine for about 10 days now and I have to say that I like it so far. I have seen and felt enough improvement that I know it is doing something. I am doing a combination of the original "sliding" movements and the advanced "press and hold" movements; can't quite decide if one is better than another so I just do both! I have noticed that the advanced technique doesn't work correctly if I don't use the gel; I need something with a little "stick" to it in order to do the press-lift motion properly. Water alone doesn't work for me with the advanced technique.

I too can't resist the neck area and do some strokes upwards and then sideways, towards the back of my neck. I also can't resist putting the probes on the arch of my eyebrow, lifting up some and holding briefly. I swear I see some improvement in my upper eye area even though I know that the Nuface isn't supposed to be appropriate for the muscles in that area.

Without question, the Nuface makes my face look more refreshed and healthier looking. I have been sick for the last two days and today, I got the energy to use the Nuface and everyone keeps telling me that I look so... much better today and that I must feel better (I don't honestly but I will take the compliments!).
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree, the probes are indeed 'icy cold'....and I wish they were smaller too.

I also use mine on the brow area pushing and holding it upward..

For the advanced technique, I do it after my face has dried up a bit, and it holds well that way. The difference is, you can feel the stinging sensation when your face is dry.

Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
The difference is, you can feel the stinging sensation when your face is dry.

Kassy

I think that I am a little weird...I actually like to feel that stinging sensation; otherwise I tend to think it's not doing anything!! Silly, I know.... Smile

Let me correct myself...one place I don't like to feel that stinging is if I accidentally touch my nose. Owwwww....... Shock Shock Shock
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
The difference is, you can feel the stinging sensation when your face is dry.

Kassy

I think that I am a little weird...I actually like to feel that stinging sensation; otherwise I tend to think it's not doing anything!! Silly, I know.... Smile

Let me correct myself...one place I don't like to feel that stinging is if I accidentally touch my nose. Owwwww....... Shock Shock Shock

LOL! I agree 100% with everything you said.

Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Is anybody having better results with 'advanced techniques'?

Has anyone tried the body toning with it?

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I also would be interested in body toning feedback!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
What's the verdict for 'advanced techniques'?

Same?
Better?
Worse?

Has anyone tried it on;

Upper arms?
Thighs?
Hiney?

Care to share with the rest of us?

TIA

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
ARGHH!! This bloody gadget is driving me to distraction. After giving up on it for a while, I decided to give it a try one more time.

For the last several several days I used it diligently on my face, neck, back of legs and butt. I used every imaginable technique, including all of your recommendations.

It just doesn't do anything for my face, but it did wonders for my legs and butt...go figure! The back of my legs + butt feel firmer and my butt has actually lifted a couple of inches....

Why oh why, will this thing not work on my face?... Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Okay, I'm off to tackle my flabby underarms now.... wave

chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
[quote]Why oh why, will this thing not work on my face?...[/quote]

Why oh why can't you be thrilled with a miracle even if it isn't the one you expected? Women! No satisfying them.

Isn't NuFace the one that got FDA approval for whatever claims it makes? I'm interested again.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
chinachatters wrote:
Quote:
Why oh why, will this thing not work on my face?...

Why oh why can't you be thrilled with a miracle even if it isn't the one you expected? Women! No satisfying them.

LMAO!! Ya know what, your right...

I guess I'm not appreciating the miracle, cause my booty didn't need as much lifting as my face.

Laughing

Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I never gave much thought to using NUFACE on my body. God knows it can use some help. Rolling Eyes

Still using Nuface on my face every morning and liking the refreshed lifted look it gives. I went to Disney for a week with my children and grandchildren. Decided not to pack expensive gadgets. When I returned home I noticed my the corners of my mouth were turning down again. Back to NUFACE daily and all is well.

At present I am dieting and joined a gym. After my surgery and stop smoking 1 1/2 years ago I gained 15 lbs. Trying to take it off slow as I know what dieting does to my face. Bad Grin I have been using Janson Beckett's Profile on my body after a nice hot shower with much success. It seems to be keeping my skin pretty firm. Think I will experiment with the Nuface on my thighs and upper arms. Thanks for the tip Kassy. Wink
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Winnie, just a little tip that might be helpful regarding the body lifting.

Although I hated the NF gel on my face, it's a wonderful conductive on the body. I just watered it down a bit, so it wasn't so sticky.

My body muscles have really gone to pot in the last few years. The one two punch is thanks to menopause + an ongoing disability I'm dealing with, which is keeping me from the normal active lifestyle I had..

Oh well, at least all my toys are giving me a lift... Wink ...No pun intended!

I bet you'll have awesome results with the body toning. Please keep us all posted. I love hearing about your results.

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Is there a link to how you use this to lift up..ahem ... your thighs and booty????

I do like it on my face - went away for five days and noticed a difference.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
One more question? Have you guys noticed how quickly the Nuface uses up batteries.... or is it just me? I have it on full power - maybe that's it.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:20 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Is there a link to how you use this to lift up..ahem ... your thighs and booty????

I do like it on my face - went away for five days and noticed a difference.

The international video has the visual instructions for the neck and body:

http://www.carolcolecompany.com/international/nufaceinstructions.html

sister sweet, I change the battery every thirty days. The company told me to do that when I called them. I also use NUFACE on the highest setting.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Since I started 'working out' on the old bod, I've had to replace the batteries approximately every 8 to 10 days..

Perhaps I'm being a little too tenacious! But ooooh baby, my jeans are looking pretty hot these days.........LOL

No luck on the flabby underarms YET, but I'm working on it.

System
Automatic Message
Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DeVita Solar Protect SPF 30 with Aloe-Hyplex (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Go Smile On The Go Sonic Blue Smart Brush Whitening Kit - White

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |