Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)
??s re TCA Latte, TCA Complex & APeel from Perf Complexi
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi marina!

I am not sure which product you're asking about since in the thread we have users of different strengths of apeel. strongest to weakest retinol peels are apeel correct, daily, then light-night. tca latte is the only one Julie recommends as a leave on for new users. I know for virgin users, Julie recommends wiping off the apeel but i know many experienced users will leave it on for hours or even overnight. of course, not recommended until you master the product (i should know Embarassed).

oh, i just reread your thread! yes with apeel light, you apply, wipe off with a tissue or cloth, then wait 3 days. if there's no peeling then you can apply again, but be careful because you may get a piggyback peel (peel after a peel) like i did.

the tiny pores are amazing for me! I think i am giving up on years of abusing my skin with biore strips and peel off masks, which i thought would always be necessary.

~K

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ballou!

Of course you can call me K!

I have to agree with A that doing an application of apeel light followed the next day with 3 applications of tca latte is very strong for a first timer.

Julie does say in her directions that latte can be used to speed up a slow peel, BUT she says not to mix the two until you have mastered them individually.

B, please do not do another peel on thursday until your skin has finished peeling from this application. It doesn't sound like you're peeling too much at this point, but once you do start, it is very rapid and you may find that you don't need to peel again until a much later time. the sahara like dryness is an indicator that you will probably go through massive peeling like i did. it was really scary because it looked like someone skinned me alive! sometimes, after a shower i would look in the mirror and run straight to bed because it was that scary!

if the skin around your mouth is sore, neosporin is awesome to use.

leaving the apeel light on for 20 minutes is also considered a very aggressive treatment! Not sure if should attempt that for now.

if you're gonna use moisturizer, make sure it doesn't have actives in it ok? the moisturizer will slow down the peel though.

with the lips, mine unintentionally peeled and are looking very plump! i wasn't intending that result but it does look nice. it sounds like you might get the same effect Smile. i was afraid the lips might lose color since i read on SI that using retin-a there can cause that effect but i don't see any difference. saying all that, i am never gonna apply any apeel products near my mouth because it will evetually travel there as we learned in A's retinol thread. the pain was just too much!

~K

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Where the heck did I get the idea the night/light is supposed to be left on all night? Confused Oh, and novels are good...the more info the better Smile
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi marina!

I think we both got the idea from what Julie put on her site:

Quote:
A Peel Light is MILDER than the DAILY version. MANY people use both. APEEL LIGHT is a leave on retinoic liposome that is worn at NIGHT or daily.

Hmmm, that is confusing. I will probably email her and ask her to clarify.

~K

Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hello K,

Its great to know that your skin turned out fab in the end...despite having a few hairy moments!!!

I really dont think that I am going to peel as much as you did. My peeling seems to have stopped, the corners of my mouth are now fine and my skin is no longer dry at all Hooray!!!.

All that seemed to happen was a few flakies around my mouth, chin and nostrils and the finest layer of skin peeled from other parts of my face such as my eyelids, under eye area and the side of my head. It seemed really mild and I truly believe that if I hadn't of put the Latte on the next day nothing would have happened. I only left the apeel light on for 6 minutes in total. Also Julie touts the Apeel light as a product with can be used to maintain the outcome from a peel as opposed to a peel by itself

Oh and I have done peels before. I used to do 30% glycolic peels on a weely basis but I cant say they did much except dry my skin out. I think I have tougher/more damaged skin than you. I used to go and bake in the sun in my youth, I wish I hadn't. As you're a self confessed sunscreen addict perhaps you could recommend a few for me to try?

I will follow your advice and wait a bit longer for my next peel though. I have read somewhere that people have waited 10 days or so before they do another peel so I will wait until next thursday to try again. I would like to peel a bit faster next time and guess I will just have to experiment with wait times.

Thanks for your concern though. Its much appreciated!

Have you received your apeel daily yet? Laughing

Gail

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone with really dry skin done one of these peels successfully?

My skin has a mild case of seborrheic dermatitis, so I am always peeling a bit at night. I just have a layer of dead skin that rubs off every night after I wash my face.

I wonder if a peel could correct that. Has anyone done the Royal Jelly on her site to prepare for the apeel?

Thanks!
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Gail,

I was sitting in class today (my classmates know what a crazy gal i am since the fiasco last week) and one lady says my skin is looking awesome today and she wanted to know what i used. i told about Julie and she says she is a believer in home peels now since seeing my results! she says her sister is addicted to chemical peels done by the doctor but it costs $600 a session and wanted the info to PC.

I remember applying apeel light 3 times to my entire face save my forehead which i did twice. my forehead probably has the most damaged skin since i used to break out there as a teen and the skin is just darker/different from the rest of my face so it is still slowly peeling. so i think apeel light is a very weak peel for most people.

I do have rather undamaged skin as i have always had an aversion to the sun since i was a little girl (HATED physical education). I can definitely recommend you some SS! I love sofina and sunkiller (i get them on ebay and from the lovely member CK who was kind enough to send me some). They are japanese brands are truly as light as water. the sofina nuance up is super nice since it gives me the healthiest pinkish glow. my only reserve is that the PPD factor is lower but i absolutely hate greasy sunscreens so i have been hesitant to switch.

since my peel, i wanted to use something all natural for the after peel period, so i started using Juice Beauty tinted moisturizer with spf 30 today. It's actually very light compared to many SS, and applies and finishes kind of like foundation and is one step. i don't know how i feel about it since i am a slap and slather type of girl and the JB forces me to apply more carefully. It is nice though since it's moisturizer + SS in one step. i still am wearing a hat outside though since i feel skin is very vulnerable after a peel.

Do you have any of Julie's other apeels? perhaps the daily or the correct would work better but i think you may be able to use the apeel light aggressively to induce a stronger peel, but please be careful. i still remember all the pain from last week! my apeel daily did come yesterday along with my tca latte. i want to slather the latte on my forehead to speed the peel up there, but i am gonna be good and wait. my mum and sisters want to peel now Smile.

anyhow, keep us updated Smile

~K

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi Shawna,

I haven't done the RJ pre peel treatment as Julie recommends yet.

I don't know how the apeel will affect the seborrheic dermatitis so i think you should send Julie an email before getting started. i know that Julie did say that a lot of people with sensitive skin use apeel sucessful though.

~K

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, K!

Yeah, I did email her but it seems she is slow getting back to people. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Shawna,

It may be awhile, but it's cause Julie is so dang popular. I love her emails, she makes one feel sooo special Smile. I really hope her products can work for your skin as they are truly wonderful.

~K

Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ,

how is your forehead? Have you still managed to resist using the Latte?.

Your post made me laugh. Your sun aversion made you sound like you were half vampire Smile

I ordered the Latte and some of the DMAE from Julie and got the apeel light as a tester. I couldn't resist using it. I thin youk are right though, I can experiment a bit more with being more aggressive with the apeel light and see what happens. I am going to try and play about with what I have first before buying anymore although I want her whole range!

Talking of experiments. Since my skin stopped peeling days ago, and it has been 8 days since my last peel attempt, I caved in tonight and slapped on 3 layers of TCA light just to see what it does by itself. I post what happens.

Thanks so much for the tips on the sunscreen you evil woman. I couldn't resist buying the sofina product you recommeded. It sounds awesome and I really cant wait for it to arrive.

Did you ever email Julie to clarify how to use the apeel light? There was some confusion as to whether its supposed to be left on at night or during the day for a certain length of time

Gail

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gail!

Sorry I have been away a bit but have been worried about finding employment as a new grad Neutral.

My forehead definitely needs more a peel but i think i am gonna try the latte in a couple weeks instead of doing the apeels. I am gonna try and resist that until fall or late summer Laughing .

I haven't contacted Julie yet but I definitely will later.

LOL. I really hope you like the sofina! It's such a lovely sunblock.

How is your skin doing?

~K

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
So, I have emailed Julie twice in the last two weeks and plan to do so again today. Does she *ever* respond? I tried a couple of months ago and never heard back from her.

That woman needs an assistant!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Shawna,

come to think of it, Julie never answered my non emergency email either. i wonder if she loses email regularly because I know markey from GoW had problems with her server. I have heard Julie used to be really good with answering.

K

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I finally heard back from Julie! She wrote a lovely email, but informed me that I probably shouldn't do the apeel with the condition of my skin.

She mentioned possibly trying the micro resurfacing cream instead. Has anyone ever tried this? I wonder how different it is from something like EpidermixII, which I already use on occasion.

Smile

Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Hi Gail!

Sorry I have been away a bit but have been worried about finding employment as a new grad Neutral.

My forehead definitely needs more a peel but i think i am gonna try the latte in a couple weeks instead of doing the apeels. I am gonna try and resist that until fall or late summer Laughing .

I haven't contacted Julie yet but I definitely will later.

LOL. I really hope you like the sofina! It's such a lovely sunblock.

How is your skin doing?

~K

Hello K,

I hope the job search is going well. I can remember how frightening it was when I left University and had to go looking for a job. I will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well for you!!! Obviously I am a little self interested - when you get a job you will be able to afford to buy even more skin care items and recommend the good ones to me Smile

I am totally in love with the Sofina nuance. I cant believe how quickly it was delivered to me from Bobodave. Its so light, I never knew such a sunscreen existed. Thanks for the top tip!

My skin is doing really well actually. After I applied 3 layers of TCA latte in one day initially it made my skin a little pink and tingly but that only lasted a couple of hours then after about 4 days I notices I was flaking really finely. I had to put a bit more on my cheeks to get that going as well. I would never have noticed that I was flaking but I put some foundation on which made it show up. You will love the TCA latte and I bet you cant resist using it before the fall. I don't use it every day but I do use one thin layer of it every few days and it gives my skin a lovely glow. Its very very mild

Funnily enough I had a date on Wednesday and he commented on how young I looked. I also bumped into my lying cheating ex on the way to my date (thank God I was all dressed up and not in my old pjs putting out the rubbish)and he told me that I looked fabulous and that he was crying inside Bad Grin (Thank you you dear dear EDS!!!!!)

I am contemplating going for the TCA complex and hope to build up the confidence to do a TCA cross one day. I had a spot right on the tip of my nose for that wouldn't heal for nearly 10 years until I started using prevage. Now that it has finally healed I am left with a small but very deep pick axe scar that I want to remedy.
I get the impression that the Apeel line is extremely potent. I will try doing the Apeel light again whilst I am awaiting the TCA complex and will leave it on for longer to see what happens.

I did pm you...did you not receive it?

Gail

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gail!

You are so hilarious, but guess what? I ended up getting a job today! More product reviews to come after I pay off some creditors Laughing .

I am so glad sofina nuance up agreed with you. i truly do love that sunscreen. i am thinking of trying anthelios fluide extreme for after peels soon since the UVA protection is stronger, so i will definitely let you know how that goes.

and you're right about the latte! i think this coming weekend, i am gonna do some slathering, I am looking at the bottle and I am so tempted...

Great story by the way, i always think that looking good is the best revenge! I agree that i owe EDS a huge thank you, i thought my skin was good before too but now i think it is sorta phenomenal. we may be broke but at least we look good, lol.

Gail, have you seen scalawaggirl's post on TCA cross method? it was really helpful. too bad she's not around EDS anymore though.

I didn't get a PM from you, can you resend it?

K

Tue May 28, 2024 12:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Bioelements Collagen Rehab Mask (50 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |