Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml) StriVectin Intensive Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles PLUS (30 ml / 1 floz) Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz)
VISS IPL
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Molly02

Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
DragonN, have you tried the viss IPL on the face at all?
renestar

Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

I actually just registered an account for this thread. Laughing

Was googling about IPLs and saw this viss, and somehow got to this forum thread. Seems like DragoN had gone through a lot! Very Happy

I have never done IPL treatments b4, but i rlly dislike having ingrown hairs and would like to try, do you think it will b ok for first-timers? Any gel needed to be used? and what happens if your current light bulb "run out of flashes", we got to pay more to buy a new 1? Viss currently have a $100 off for USD445, so im considering on getting it! ^_^
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:46 am      Reply with quote
Molly...yes. And it works.

And if you DO have problems...they do solve it. Hopefully you won't. Before I bought mine, I had read about others having problems, but there was no feedback about whether it was ever resolved or not...so I figured...what the heck?....Hehehe Sad ...I had problems...But they were also resolved in a rapid fire manner. I believe that is an exceptionally important aspect to keep in mind.

Hopefully my mom will be getting one soon too.
May even have talked her into the skin bulb as
well. Who knows? I hope so though.

Quote:
and what happens if your current light bulb "run out of flashes", we got to pay more to buy a new 1?

That would appear to be standard protocol. Lights burn out...buy a new bulb. Wink

Pretty good deal if you ask me.

It is an excellent machine. Works like they say it does, and as such I will just quietly promote that fact. It works.
Molly02

Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks DragoN for getting back to my question, as you can imagine I am sceptical as to whether I have wasted my money, I am mainly after it for facial hair as well, I usually wax my unwanted hairs on my face, but it says the best results are to shave the area?? did you shave your areas,and when you zapped it and it started to grow did it look spikey like you had shaved your face LOL... what level did you put your's on and how often did you zap the area?
Laurin
5% products discount

Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Sarah, I am very glad they are responded to you, and quickly. I agree it is safe to order but I am still wondering the effectiveness of the skin cartridge and hope you will continue to let us know when you get your replacement and then as you use it, the results of treatment.

I could order it now just for hair removal lamp since DragoN has seen good results for that but figure it is worth getting both at the same time since I could use both and wouldn't have to turn around and order skin cartridge one month later. There seems to be less feedback online for the skin rej. cartridge than for the hair removal lamp.

So please keep us posted as to when you get your new bulb and then how well it works. So we are all excited for you and thank you!
Adellie

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:44 am      Reply with quote
hello, new member here:)
i am one of those 2700+ viewers n i have been following this thread ever since dragon started it...
was wonderin (addressed to sarahnovember) if u've gotten a new cartridge yet? or a tracking number like they said? in their email to you they said they'd send it out on monday, no?
just wanted to see if they are really on top of things.... im thinkin of getting the skin thing too, but would love to hear your opinion on it first!
D.C

Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:33 am      Reply with quote
So, any news?
D.C

Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Oops, sorry, I had not read Adellie's previous message asking the same thing!
sarah.november
5% products discount

Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:34 am      Reply with quote
i wasn't going to post a new entry until i got my new cartridge but since people are asking, no i haven't gotten it yet. no new tracking number yet either... i'll give it to the end of this week?

and yes, i will most definitely keep posting after i receive it and update you guys on every little detail until there are no more visitors on this thread! Smile
in the meantime, i used the hair removal bulb today on areas that i didn't treat the first time. in the areas that i did treat the first time, tiny hairs are starting to poke out and if i run my hand up my leg its all rough and spiky hahaha, but i tried pulling some out and they do seem to come out easily..or at least easier than they would have had i not done the treatment. so this is all expected and i want to try follow the manuals advice and just do it once every two weeks so the bulb will last a little longer hehe!

can i ask those who are interested in the skin bulb for what main purpose are you getting it/got it? wrinkles? acne? pigmentation? brightening? i'm just interested to know how well it works for different problems.
btw, i appreciate everyones support and replies very much Smile this is actually the first time i've participated in a forum (i would usually just read and never post anything of my own) and i'm really glad i did!
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Sarah,

Don't know if it makes you feel any better...but I didn't get a tracking # either...maybe it's the psychological game...Oh So happy to get it when you do receive it kind of a thing...never know. Embarassed

They replied to you really fast...so maybe you will receive it within the next couple of days. Pray

I am closer to Korea than you are....so there is that.

Adellie
YAY for new members!! Glad this thread has been somewhat helpful. I know I scoured the internet looking for something reasonable...so to speak.

*meh* I'm an old codger so am somewhat jaded and all that. However, not with this machine. I am pretty darn happy even after the bugger up.

Patience is not one of my virtues...not with something to get all wiggly tickled pink over.

Fingers crossed you can give us a positive update within 48 hours.
Laurin
5% products discount

Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
"Intense Pulsed Light IPL™ photorejuvenation treatments can improve the appearance of sun damage, age spots, brown spots, birth marks, facial spider veins, rosacea, red spots and other blemishes of the face, neck, chest, and hands."

However, when I went to get this information, which I had looked up the other day, I found a couple of forums where some people had some negative side effects with this treatment so I thought I would go ahead and post the links:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/NEGATIVE-IPL-Photo-facia-t217202.html

http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/laser-treatments/ipl-and-fat-loss-poll-t68824.html

Overall, I think this treatment looks safe, but it is a good thing to be informed; some people have had adverse effects, such as fat loss with dimpling, divots, or uneven surface but seems most associated with overuse.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Good point...moderation = key.

http://www.ebme.co.uk/arts/ipl/

The wavelength, length of duration and joules of energy that the skin is exposed to are not variables that VISS allows one to adjust.

Technical specifications

Name VISS IPL
Model No. 050110
Current AC
Voltage 100-240 V
Frequency 50-60 Hz
Energy density (Hair removal) 23J
Light spectrum (Hair removal) 530-930 nm

Lamp life 4000 flashes
Interval between flashes 3.5 seconds
Product weight 1.5 kg
Product size 196 x 138 x 178 mm
Country of origin (Device) Korea
Country of origin (Lamp cartridge) Japan

Light spectrum[ photo rejuvenation] 430-1200 nm 21 J

Interesting article....a little light on info...I had one that gave the effective wavelengths for various treatments and other gory details but can't find it right now.

Quote:
Each woman received just one combination treatment and were assessed by blinded clinicians after one and two months.

This part made me laugh...but than again I have a warped sense of humor.

http://www.ebme.co.uk/arts/ipl/
Another article worth checking out pg. 11 for wavelength infos.

Standard Filters Optional Filters Application areas
    420 -1200nm vascular & acne & pigment
    480 -1200nm vascular, pigment, Photo
    rejuvenation
    510 -1200nm vascular, pigment, Photo
    rejuvenation
    560 -1200nm vascular, pigment, Photo
    rejuvenation
    585 – 1200nm vascular, pigment, Photo rejuvenation
    640 -1200nm hair removal
    690 –1200nm hair removal
    755 -1200nm hair removal

Messy to read that...but go here.
http://www.magicskin.com.au/uploads/%281224538052%29choosing%20an%20ipl%20system.pdf

Massive chart with tons of info.
http://www.miinews.com/pdf/Skin_Chart.pdf

Have no idea what the pulse length is on the VISS...maybe somebody can ask them? Just curious, and heaven's knows...I have been enough of a pest... Wink

Pulse i400 Intense 530 – 1200 nm 0 – 20 J/cm2 10 – 110 ms $49,995 8.9 cm2
spot size and mini glass filter handpieces.
iPulse i200+ Intense 530 – 1200 nm 0 – 20 J/cm2 10 – 110 ms $34,995

I did a bit of research before I bought the machine...maybe the info is bogus to start with...never know...but if it wasn't...figured I have 2 months to figure it out...anyhoo. It's a keeper.
Molly02

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone after they have used the VISS IPL, plucked the hairs out??? like if you pull them with your fingernails they just fall out...does this mean that those hairs are treated and nothing will grow for awhile in that follicle, I also noticed when you pull them out they have no small root on them? just checking in to see if this is normal?
Have a good day everyone
sarah.november
5% products discount

Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
so...
i e-mailed them asking for a tracking no. and what not... got a reply from them saying they didn't send it yet and they'd send it tonight...sigh.
sarah.november
5% products discount

Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
and in reply to molly,
i do the plucking thing with my fingernails for fun afterwards too haha... but with mine i do see a small root?? Smile
BrookeAnne
5% products discount

Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad Still hanging in there for you Sarah. I am waiting for a customer to pay me before I can get mine. I cant deny I am nervous about it though, if the luck I have been having in the last year or so is any indicator...mine will explode and produce some kind of weird radiation that makes me grow hair all over. On a side note , I have been experiencing a bit of thinning in the hair on my head , so I added a zinc supplement to my daily routine. It seems to have helped but the problem is the hair everywhere else seems to grow like kudzu ! No kidding , went from shaving legs every 3 days to every day.
So now I am even more anxious to get me one of them thar vissamabobs lol Cool Just tell them you know DragoN.... a little name dropping never hurts.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, I've been lurking around for months on EDS forum and joined just to post on this thread. I so badly want a home IPL that I've even spoken to Chinese suppliers. But those don't come cheap either.( around 3000 USD)

Anyway I think everything about VISS is dodgy. The way it markets itself on the internet is dodgy. I don't like the fact that the phone numbers it supplies are fake and that most reviews, especially the earlier ones, are obviously fake. Anyway when I did a bit more googling, I found an IPL that looks exactly like it---"2PS IPL", except for the colour. And the technical specifications say "total fluence : 25J and 6.5J/cm2" which isn't even as high as Boots smoothskin.(10J/cm2).

Another site,which I'm not sure I can name, sells this 2PS at USD 545 as well, but there's a coupon of $80, free shipping and the lamps cost $50 each regardless of whether its for hair removal or skin rejuvenation.
fern81

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I'm still very interested in getting a home ipl, but from what I've read, the general consensus is that you achieve varying(sometimes very modest) percentages of reduction on different parts of the body, and you really have to keep up with weekly treatments to maintain the reduction. Initially people report really good results but closer to a year there's some disillusionment setting in.

I've had IPL at a doctor's 7-8 years ago on my arms and the results were fantastic. Most of the hair still hasn't come back yet. So I have faith in IPL, but salon/doctor's treatments are really way out of my budget.
BrookeAnne
5% products discount

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Well that is interesting. There is no doubt that there is some connection between the devices, my only guess is perhaps Viss licensed them to make it. I couldnt find the info stating that the lamps were only 50 dollars. Seems this is one of those situations where you are not going to be able to have a 100% sure thing, its either bite the bullet and buy it or sit on the sidelines forever.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
i have to agree with BrookeAnne... there are so many critics out there, and people who have not even tried the machine usually are the worst culprits.

I mean at the end of the day of course its not going to be exactly the same as a 1 hundred thousand dollar commercial machine, jsut 1 treatment costs what a home system costs - and there a lotsof treatments.. but let me tell you i have done professional IPL as well as viss and the experience and result is pretty darn close.

on another topic I am from Singapore and ordered that orange ipl box from ebay before viss (which is a good legit product). anyway that orange box is a complete knockoff made in china, the plasitc wsnt even moulded correctly and the cartridge didnt fit. i was duped by all the well worded marketing lingo but it appears they just did a "find" and "replace" from viss site there are fakes fro almost all devices now so be careful! i only buy from actual web site only with my credit card for protection, not ebay or crigslist anymore Neutral
fern81

Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Cool you're from Singapore? So am I!

Anyway I think

1) The supplier/manufacturer of both 2PS(listed on ALIBABA, by Narian Global) and VISS IPL is Narian Global, because the address provided by Dragon (to return product to VISS)on the first page of this topic matches that of Narian Global's on their webpage.

2) 2PS came before VISS according to the listing date on Alibaba.

3) You're from VISS

4) You're not really from Singapore.
fanta77

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
1.) I'm not "from" Viss I am from Singapore.
2.) "My" 2PS Was a Fake.
3.) I like my Viss because it works. So do others here.
sarah.november
5% products discount

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:37 am      Reply with quote
i suppose there IS a possibility that its effectiveness might wear off within a year or so of using it...but i don't think anyone's used viss that long to say yet!
but obviously, since i've already purchased the whole thing along with the skin bulb, i hope that won't be the case Smile i mean... it seems to be the best home option there is out there for the moment and so far, it seems to work out fine...except for the few unlucky customers (like ME!!) who got sent a faulty bulb...

haha sorry guys, i always have to bring it up :P so...in case ANYONE is still wondering, i got another e-mail from them saying that EMS will ship out my bulb on Friday, which is today (at least for me in HK) at 4 PM Korea time and that i should receive it in the mail on monday since the post office doesn't work on sundays. they also said they'll send me a tracking number...again. SO... this is the second attempt (first time, delayed the shipment for reasons unknown to myself) and if it DID really ship out at 4pm Korea time, it should be on a plane right now!! mr postman, please please ring my doorbell on monday afternoon.
i mean, if i do get it on monday i guess it will have been just a little over a week since the faulty one broke down, which isn't too bad... i guess i just got my hopes up too early when they said they'd send it out this past monday, and i was so pleasantly surprised they replied so soon i got too excited.
okay, i'll stop going on about my cartridge to come, or at least until i get it Smile i'm sure you guys are sick of reading about it already haha. but wish me luck guys!!
Laurin
5% products discount

Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
No Sarah, not tired of hearing at all. I am still deciding whether to order the skin cartridge with the hair removal system or just the hair removal system.

I really think the hair removal system will work because DragoN's results were exactly like mine when I had it done professionally:

The hair shafts were a little dizzy looking and either fell out or were plucked out easily, which was my experience.

I think the key is not immediate results but repeated treatments and if you had the device at home and it works for the first few treatments, it will eventually kill the follicles (unless the machine quits due to quality manufacturing practices, which is a real concern, here) and in the end will be more cost effective than repeated trips to a salon.

So in the end I will save money and time as well get a probably better result.

After reading the negative reports on the skin bulb, I am a bit cautious and certainly want to hear your report. Thanks for keeping us updated Exclamation
DennisVuitton
5% products discount

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
About the 2PS : I talked with Brandon about it, the guy on the chats, and he told me that the 2PS only supports 21 Joules while the Viss IPL has 23 Joules.

And for those of you who don't have the device and calling it a scam. Could you please stop? You've got to try the device before you say anything. At the moment for me it's working. But not sure how long the results will last for. A few months? Years? Who knows. We'll have to see. Sorry for being a little rude :P I just don't like how people go around a commenting on something they haven't tried yet.

Anyway, I'd love to see someone's results with the Skin bulb Very Happy . Like a before and after. I'd like to buy it but $125 is a little too much for me. Plus the shipping fees which is almost $170.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Hauschka Night Serum (20 ml) Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Miracle Mask (15 ml  / .5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |