Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) DeVita Solar Protect SPF 30 with Aloe-Hyplex (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Skin Biology Super Cop Skin Remodeling Cream - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz)
customer info that is taken upon returning an item to store
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know what a store does with the contact information you provide them when you return a piece of merchandise for a refund? Does your name get entered into some database somewhere or something? When I have returned an item in the past I have had to write down my name and phone # and sometimes my address.

I have always wondered about this...

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Mabsy

Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:35 am      Reply with quote
I think that depends on the company. Some may keep the info, but I always thought that this collection of details was simply so that if there is a problem with the product then they know who to contact. E.g. you returned a product and didn't return all parts of it, or it was contaminated with some chemical etc etc

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:37 am      Reply with quote
I would imagine that they are just keeping this information for their own records. When a store accepts a return, they lose money. So at the end of the year they can write-off a percentage of their losses, but if they do not have the information documented on each return, if they should ever get audited, they would have no way of defending the write-off.

I don't think that a reputable store would really be "doing anything" with your information, other than keeping it in case they have to defend their books at tax time. Just my two-cents!
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
It depends. I've worked for some places that take the info and really don't use it. Other places I've worked for put it in a database to use for marketing, promotions, purchasing, etc for their own use. I'm sure there's some that also sell the information and result in you getting lots of junk mail..

I usually just leave name and phone number. Sometimes my own, sometimes not...depends if it's a store I shop at regularly or not.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
This is my first post but thought I'd add that Marshalls/TJMaxx destroy it.. Even tho they say it's for 'their records', every month {give or take} it's shredded.. I know this because my daughter used to work for them in the office and did the shredding.. Can't say for sure about any other store...
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I believe that now days they ARE inputting your personal data into a (national) database so that they can track your buying and/or returning habits. I mentioned this before, I think it might have been in that “Last straw from J&B” thread that got deleted after Ian flipped his lid, but many stores have begun using a national database to track your purchasing habits and if they decide that you make too many returns or exchanges, they can use that data to decide to no longer do business with you.

I know that sounds paranoid, but I saw a story about it on CNN sometime last year and then they talked about it again during the holidays when they said that customers were doing to have a harder time returning or exchanging unwanted Xmas gifts this year....

Sat May 04, 2024 4:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DeVita Solar Protect SPF 30 with Aloe-Hyplex (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Phytomer Pionniere XMF Perfection Youth Cream (50 ml / 1.6 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |