Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
MaxiGlide Hair Straightening Iron?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone has used the MaxiGlide Hair Straightening Iron by Maxius. I saw the advertisement on TV and was wondering if it is one of the better Hair Irons? I have not used a straightening iron since 1980 (Curl Tamer) and that Iron fried the heck out of my hair. I have very thick, frizzy, wavy/curly long hair. I see Sephora has a T3 Tourmaline Hair Iron, but it is $200 US.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:37 am      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has used the MaxiGlide Hair Straightening Iron by Maxius. I saw the advertisement on TV and was wondering if it is one of the better Hair Irons? I have not used a straightening iron since 1980 (Curl Tamer) and that Iron fried the heck out of my hair. I have very thick, frizzy, wavy/curly long hair. I see Sephora has a T3 Tourmaline Hair Iron, but it is $200 US.

I haven't heard of this particular iron. I use a Solano flat iron which is good, but when this one dies I'll buy a Chi...I hear these are the best.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I need a new straightner. I just use a cheap drugstore brand. works well. but the "ceramic" coating is coming off. So let me know if you try this. I was thinking of buying a more professional one.

At christmas time my Boyfriend decided to get me a new straightner for christmas, it was made of glass and claimed to be hotter than ceramic, as well as flatten fly aways. I tried it once and it started breaking my hair and pulled at my hair and left small strands sticking straight up like i had just been electricly charged lol.
mildlyobsessive
5% products discount

Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
i don't really know much about irons, but this one did look really good to me, especially those "ceramic detangling pins," but i don't know if it would be damaging or not, that's a major concern to me, do you know how much the price was? i cant remember...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
Two of my sisters use the Maxiglide (I come from a family of unruly, thick, wavy hair) and they love it....but, I've noticed lately that their hair looks very dry and strawlike lately Shock It wasn't like that when they first started using it; just after a few months or so. I've used the Chi Turbo which I loved, but true to form, just stopped working after about 8 months or so. I've heard this is a common complaint about the Chi. And I wasn't even using it daily! So, then I bought a Solia flat iron from Folica.com and so far it's been great. It seems less damaging to my hair than the Chi and my hair looks shinier. But I'm not sure how well my hair will hold up in the humidity as it's winter here and I just got it a couple of months ago. I have to say that the Chi Turbo straightened my hair and kept it that way all day even on the hottest days with the highest humidity. I was really amazed by it! But not for that price for something that's going to break down that soon! Whatever you decide, make sure to use a good heat protectant before flatironing. This will help save your hair from drying out and breakage. Hth Very Happy FYI--also have heard good things about the Sedu flatiron
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information!

Very Happy

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |